heatwave on its way

flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
Forum Member
✭✭✭
yes after the coldest december of all time ! now a heatwave is due middle to end of next week ! ok not a real heatwave but the temps will be around 10 C which compared with what we have now is still a 16 F increase in temps. wow !
But i doubt it will last and shure there will be a another storm from russia comeing our way in january

Comments

• ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, i'll leave my shorts packed away then.
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whoaa better get the sun cream out and a deck chair maybe buy a new bikini;):D:cool:
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D The snow that fell a month ago is still lying here.To hell with the jetstream.Sort yourself out you windy barsteward!.
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bloody hope this isn't a wind up.
  • dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes after the coldest december of all time ! now a heatwave is due middle to end of next week ! ok not a real heatwave but the temps will be around 10 C which compared with what we have now is still a 16 F increase in temps. wow !
    But i doubt it will last and shure there will be a another storm from russia comeing our way in january

Noticed this earlier on Yahoo weather
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oldhag wrote: »
    I bloody hope this isn't a wind up.

:) No.Flash is correct.But it won't last.Remember this is only Mid Winter.Traditionally,all the snow and low temps arrive around Jan/Feb time.According to the Met Office site,the higher temps are only a temp reprieve,
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scorchi-no!
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol ha, slushy times are here again...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    scorchi-no!

:D So says Chris Waddle and Boutros Boutros Ghali.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not around here, it's now -10°C here so an increase of 16°F (8.8°C) would still mean it's below freezing.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    :D So says Chris Waddle and Boutros Boutros Ghali.

That's eth-eth-eth-eth-eth-eth-ethe-Crith-Waddle to you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    That's eth-eth-eth-eth-eth-eth-ethe-Crith-Waddle to you :D

:D Happy days!.How i miss The Fast Show.Surely time for a comeback?.Brilliant!.
    PS.Why don't they ever show the Ted and Ralph Christmas special?..You know the one,where Ralph asks Ted if he likes Kipling,and he replies 'yes',he does make exceeedingly good cakes!.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    For the vast majority of people, temps will at most reach average (i.e. well below 10c) and even that is optimistic.

Then it's straight back in the freezer for January.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the vast majority of people, temps will at most reach average (i.e. well below 10c) and even that is optimistic.

:( I work outside a lot of the time.My hands are all split open and look like an 80 year olds.That's a month of sub zero temps.I shudder to think how they'll look at the end of Winter.
    I can only wear gloves for some of the time,so for the first time i my life i'm looking to buy a handcream(the horror!).
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member

The so-called heatwave will be over and done with in a flash. Cooooold again before the New Year (and many places on Christmas Day stayed below freezing point all day).
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope the weather improves very soon ,I hate the icey conditions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope the weather improves very soon ,I hate the icey conditions

:( I don't so much hate the sub zero conditions.It's the snow that i hate.It really messes with my daily life.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

/thread.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nail on head.

Maybe 10C or 11C might be reached in such a station as Plymouth towards the middle of next week, but most places will see max temps of around 2 to 4C.

Still, there will be a bit of a thaw, and the pavements and roads might clear in some places. The good news is that even though it will get colder again, it is likely to be mainly dry. So no more snow for a time.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Nail on head.

Maybe 10C or 11C might be reached in such a station as Plymouth towards the middle of next week, but most places will see max temps of around 2 to 4C.

Still, there will be a bit of a thaw, and the pavements and roads might clear in some places. The good news is that even though it will get colder again, it is likely to be mainly dry. So no more snow for a time.

+10C or +11C is probably about average for Plymouth being one of the closest to a warmer part of the gulf stream. Even they must have been in the freezer as well as the rest of the UK so extensive it was.

Elsewhere the last thaw never actually cleared the ice from the pavements here. So I doubt it will disappear unless we get some considerable rain in the next few days before we are back into the freezer again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    Elsewhere the last thaw never actually cleared the ice from the pavements here. So I doubt it will disappear unless we get some considerable rain in the next few days before we are back into the freezer again.
    We still have 1.5m high piles of ice slabs from when they dug it off the roads at the beginning of the month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gulf stream area of the atlantic is currently 1C to 2C colder than normal right now, and getting colder every day.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=seatemps;sess=
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MalUK wrote: »
    We still have 1.5m high piles of ice slabs from when they dug it off the roads at the beginning of the month.

Not down south though, that's where they get weather. We don't get it up North:mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MalUK wrote: »

Indeed that's the case here as well in places.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    The gulf stream area of the atlantic is currently 1C to 2C colder than normal right now, and getting colder every day.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=seatemps;sess=

Sorry, where on that link does it relay those precise stats ?

Not saying they're not there, but nothing is hitting me in the eye.