essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
Forum Member
Direct Line is my fave although I did like the Pimms one too

Comments

• Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the one where he blasts the horn.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him, he's great in 'Pointless' quiz show as well, a very witty man.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him in everything he does on TV. I get the feeling he is a lovely man. I enjoyed his episode of Who Do You Think You Are too.
  • Options
    WingerWinger Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    I like him, he's great in 'Pointless' quiz show as well, a very witty man.

Richard Osman is the best thing about Pointless and is, I imagine, wittier in his sleep than Alexander Armstrong, who, as a comic actor, often looks thoroughly outwit by an albeit very clever television executive.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you say Richard is very witty but he surely needs someone to "bounce" off and Xander is just the foil for him. As a pair they are the best on TV, without a doubt.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember that one where he's in a wedding marquee, and they're playing some modern dance stuff and then he changes it, and has them all dancing to Prince Charming, Adam and the Ants?
  • Options
    FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember that one where he's in a wedding marquee, and they're playing some modern dance stuff and then he changes it, and has them all dancing to Prince Charming, Adam and the Ants?

Loved that advert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0MEs9OE9w
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winger wrote: »
    Richard Osman is the best thing about Pointless and is, I imagine, wittier in his sleep than Alexander Armstrong, who, as a comic actor, often looks thoroughly outwit by an albeit very clever television executive.

I find Armstrong as irritating in adverts as he is in anything else on TV though I try to avoid TV adverts as much as possible.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I find Armstrong as irritating in adverts as he is in anything else on TV though I try to avoid TV adverts as much as possible.

Me too
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would watch him in anything...hes one of my not so secret crushes.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Flanny wrote: »

Great ad. He's rather attractive imo as well (even though his ears are massive!).
    Also re: who Do You Think You Are- I was thinking of the parody on Armstrong & Miller rather than the actual programme :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    ppaupy wrote: »

Mrs LCDMAN would be right with you on that....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winger wrote: »

Cant stand him. He seems so snobby stuck in front of a laptop.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him but there's nothing funny about any of those Direct Line adverts. Shocking that they've got so many great comedic actors yet not one of the adverts are funny in the slightest.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    I like him but there's nothing funny about any of those Direct Line adverts. Shocking that they've got so many great comedic actors yet not one of the adverts are funny in the slightest.

I thought he was the only name in them. Who are the est then - I just took them to be (really annoying) unknown 'actors' ?
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    I thought he was the only name in them. Who are the est then - I just took them to be (really annoying) unknown 'actors' ?

just AA and Chris Addison I think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »

Darren Boyd and Doon Mackihan play the married couple.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching an old episode of "You Bet!" and he appeared in one of the challenges. something to do with a stage play and changing costumes as frequently as possible in a given time
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    I don't find any of them funny either.....just very silly.

The 'free pen' is the one which really grates my nerves. After all what is so funny about someone who keeps banging on about 'a free pen', only to react rather childishly when he is asked if he needs a pen? :confused:

The other one I don't 'get' is that bloke with a rug on his head trying to act all cocky and clever, when his wife mentions he bought a ride on lawn mower when they don't even have a lawn, to which his response is to hold his fist out to the sales guy who put his fist to the rug head.....cue lots of silly giggly laughter with "oooh he fell for it". :rolleyes:

Pathetic and childish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I don't find any of them funny either.....just very silly.

The 'free pen' is the one which really grates my nerves. After all what is so funny about someone who keeps banging on about 'a free pen', only to react rather childishly when he is asked if he needs a pen? :confused:

The other one I don't 'get' is that bloke with a rug on his head trying to act all cocky and clever, when his wife mentions he bought a ride on lawn mower when they don't even have a lawn, to which his response is to hold his fist out to the sales guy who put his fist to the rug head.....cue lots of silly giggly laughter with "oooh he fell for it". :rolleyes:

Pathetic and childish.

The admiral ones years ago were funny.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    The admiral ones years ago were funny.

Some of that type might be mildly funny the first time, perhaps the second but not again and again and again ....

There seems a fashion now for annoying adverts, perhaps they appeal to some but I just mute the sound or even turn over if I see any of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Some of that type might be mildly funny the first time, perhaps the second but not again and again and again ....

There seems a fashion now for annoying adverts, perhaps they appeal to some but I just mute the sound or even turn over if I see any of them.

I just wish they would abolish all adverts altogether.

I miss the days of the 1980s where we had real proper adverts that advertised something everyone wants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    ppaupy wrote: »

Me too. I think he's lovely, and he makes me laugh. What's not to like.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    I just wish they would abolish all adverts altogether.

I miss the days of the 1980s where we had real proper adverts that advertised something everyone wants.

Confusing no? :confused: (I am guessing you miss the witty commercials like Carling Black Label, PG Tips or Cabdury's Smash)

Having said that, I watch the A.A. commercials, but I have zero interest in the products, he is a decent and funny guy. I await Richard Osman adverts with anticipation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Confusing no? :confused: (I am guessing you miss the witty commercials like Carling Black Label, PG Tips or Cabdury's Smash)

Having said that, I watch the A.A. commercials, but I have zero interest in the products, he is a decent and funny guy. I await Richard Osman adverts with anticipation.

Back then we didnt have crappy insurance scams clogging up out adverts we had ones for chocolate and you know kids toys ads that were on during kids cartoons.

Its disgraceful when you cant watch nick jr or boomerrang without insurance or ppi ads when it should be kid adverts.