Christina Aguilera - 'Your Body' official version

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Any chance that they will air the performance on tue? Since its just a recap episode and there is nothing much to show anyway.
    I think they'll air it next week when the battle rounds begin. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Any chance that they will air the performance on tue? Since its just a recap episode and there is nothing much to show anyway.

It was already confirmed by Billboard magazine, in the article/interview they did with her, that the performance will air during the battle rounds!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! Didn't like the demo at all but the final version is amazing. And the music video! OMG, it's stunning! Christina is gorgeous!

I have high hopes for Lotus now! :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^
    The demo and final version are very similar lol. That is why most people like it:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    ^^
    The demo and final version are very similar lol. That is why most people like it:)

It's been a while since I listened to the demo but I don't remember it being quite as full on as the final version? I remember feeling it was a bit half-arsed at the time. I also remember why I don't usually listen to demo versions now...I usually do dislike them.
    Forum Member
    Heard this on Capitol FM last night, they gave it a glowing review, 'best single from Christina since Dirrty' in their own words!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    The song has dropped to #69 on the Hot 100. I think the live performance might be wise ASAP! It's such a good song, but its not getting the appreciation it deserves!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Where is it on the hot 100 this week?

Edit: just seen above that it's at #69
    Forum Member
    Pompeygeek wrote: »
    The song has dropped to #69 on the Hot 100. I think the live performance might be wise ASAP! It's such a good song, but its not getting the appreciation it deserves!!
    No worries. 'Moves Like Jagger' fell out of the top 60 on the second and third week as well. :cool:

I do agree that the performance is necessary. I'm crossing fingers for Monday on the battle rounds. I'm sure it will rise anyway due to the airplay it's getting, but 'The Voice' could help it skyrocket :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beginning of the chorus is exactly the same as the beginning of the chorus in Abracadabra by Jessie J.
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    No worries. 'Moves Like Jagger' fell out of the top 60 on the second and third week as well. :cool:

I do agree that the performance is necessary. I'm crossing fingers for Monday on the battle rounds. I'm sure it will rise anyway due to the airplay it's getting, but 'The Voice' could help it skyrocket :)

Chart positions don't particular worry me, but it would be nice for Christina to have a smash hit just to shut up all those detractors! Their hating gets right on my wick!
    Forum Member
    Pompeygeek wrote: »
    Chart positions don't particular worry me, but it would be nice for Christina to have a smash hit just to shut up all those detractors! Their hating gets right on my wick!
    I really believe in this song, I think it's going to be a slow burner, so I'm not worried either. That said, there is a way to help the song rise faster. You can request it on the 2 biggest US radio stations (Z100, KIIS) just by ticking the box next to the song title, typing your name (doesn't even have to be your real full name) and a confirmation code (6 digits). It only takes 1 minute :cool: Links in the spoiler :cool:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also We Found Love stalled on the Billboard for ages.

I would have liked the song to have performed better though by this point as it is way better than most of those in front of it. I think the truth is once you reach 30 teenagers just don't care about you enough to buy your singles. They prefer the younger artists. Beyonce is in a similar position.

Hopefully the single will get a boost when she finally performs it on The Voice.

Its the album that really needs to do well. Thats the test but I can't see it doing any worse than Bionic. Blank Page I think will be the song which puts Christina back on the map.
    Forum Member
    Also We Found Love stalled on the Billboard for ages.

I would have liked the song to have performed better though by this point as it is way better than most of those in front of it. I think the truth is once you reach 30 teenagers just don't care about you enough to buy your singles. They prefer the younger artists. Beyonce is in a similar position.

Hopefully the single will get a boost when she finally performs it on The Voice.

Its the album that really needs to do well. Thats the test but I can't see it doing any worse than Bionic. Blank Page I think will be the song which puts Christina back on the map.
    'Your Body' has already put Christina back on the map and the album will get the job done just fine. She's slowly but surely becoming a force to be reckoned with again :) As far as the age stereotypes of the industry go, I think that when the song is that catchy, it doesn't matter. Besides, 1D are teenagers, a decade away from being 30 and currently on their commercial peak, yet Christina is doing better than them on US radio. :)
    Forum Member
    Chart update

'YB' reached a new peak in Ireland. It's #52 this week :)
    Also, top 20 in Canada and Belgium and top 30 in Spain.

I hope we get a lot of new debuts/ peaks next week or even during the weekend due to the video gaining rotation and VEVO views :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    asdabio234 wrote: »
    Where is it on the hot 100 this week?

Edit: just seen above that it's at #69

It's flopping just as I predicted ;). Airplay updates are getting smaller and smaller, and it's dropping on iTunes. She has released a mediocre song at a very competitive time and got lost in the shuffle among all the A-listers. Funny how some people were claiming to know how US charts work and implying that others don't :D
    Forum Member
    mm83 wrote: »
    It's flopping just as I predicted ;). Airplay updates are getting smaller and smaller, and it's dropping on iTunes. She has released a mediocre song at a very competitive time and got lost in the shuffle among all the A-listers. Funny how some people were claiming to know how US charts work and implying that others don't :D

Maybe Mystic Meg should use her powers for good, rather than popstar hating.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You clearly don't know the US charts though. Look at Moves Like Jagger and how long that took to reach the billboard top 20 before it even got to number 1. ;) It got released in July.
    Hit number 1 in September......

Do more research.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Even if this song doesn't ever take off, it's at the very least acting as a stepping stone for her comeback. Much like MLJ was, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if a ballad strikes more of a chord. Especially toward winter. That's what happened with Dirrty and Beautiful.

Even then, as long as they have more single material and keep trying...you never know. Could be a surprise hit in there.
    Forum Member
    You're still clueless about the US charts and you're still pressed ;)

As long as a song is charting in the upper half of the iTunes chart and getting increases (small or bigger) in spins and audience impressions, it's far from a flop and has potential to become a hit.
  • STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Dirrty flopped in America didn't it? I remember hearing about how the video suffered a huge backlash and the planned follow up single 'Get Mine Get Yours' which she had already performed on CD UK was scapped for a rushed out Beautiful.

Is that true?
    Forum Member
    Dirrty flopped in America didn't it? I remember hearing about how the video suffered a huge backlash and the planned follow up single 'Get Mine Get Yours' which she had already performed on CD UK was scapped for a rushed out Beautiful.

Is that true?
    Yes, it's true :cool: 'Dirrty' was a smash in Europe, but US radios didn't play it at all, so they released 'Beautiful' to salvage the album. I still wish she had released a video for 'GMGY' though, as it's one of my favorite Christina songs :(

Anyway, 'YB' is not going to be 'Dirrty' 2.0. It's not controversial and everybody's loving it so far. We're only waiting for a performance to raise awareness of the song and for radios to catch up with the hype. 'Dirrty' was dead on arrival in the US, 'YB' hasn't even begun yet :)
    Forum Member

Is that true?

Dirrty peaked at #48 on the Hot 100 which was not in trend with any of her other releases up to that point! I think a mix of the video & her image at the time just didn't click with US audiences like it did here in Europe! Beautiful was rush released & peaked at #2 on the Hot 100 & almost single handely turned the fortunes of the album around!
    An amazing album isn't always enough to create good sales, you need to sell it with the write selection of singles & Stripped's collection of singles & videos is just about perfect!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    You clearly don't know the US charts though. Look at Moves Like Jagger and how long that took to reach the billboard top 20 before it even got to number 1. ;) It got released in July.
    Hit number 1 in September......

Do more research.

You have to be seriously deluded to think this is going to be a "Moves Like Jagger". It's obvious where this song is heading.

Let's wait a month or so and then we can talk about who is clueless about charts and who isn't ;)