For those supporting Katie Hopkins

Comments

• ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are we "falling for" exactly?

Everything she has said about any HM in her conversations with others she has told to their face...and she tells the truth as she sees it....no hypocrisy there.

Perez and Nadia, if they cant win an argument (which is often) they either lie or shout over people...why does anyone support them?

So, when did she call Cheggers an alcoholic to his face then ?

Must have missed that ?
  • chackalacka1234chackalacka1234 Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moontaker wrote: »
    I don't think being kind has anything to do with political correctness, it's more to do with being human.

Exactly. Those who use the whole political correctness insult are usually using it as a way to normalize something that is usually considered offensive (i.e painting your face black, and drawing big lips) to appease their own bigoted agenda.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must have missed that ?

Unless you have live feed you would have missed it.
  • king_kong1king_kong1 Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must have missed that ?

Or it wasn't aired they do only air about 40mins from 24 hours
  • lynzeelynzee Posts: 8,193
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »
    What game exactly is she playing? She is just in the same role she plays as a writer of The Sun...i.e. a hyped up vulgar bigot. I guess there must be a lot of bigots that support her though which is the more depressing part of this farce.

Absolutely right!;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er...like, she did that ONCE and some people (not up to speed) still talk about it like it is ongoing...stuck record methinks! What's laughable is that they never acknowledge (or perhaps didn't "get") why she did so...it was to not take Hopkins' bait and stoop to her level, i.e. to not give her blood. Remember now?

There is no reasoning with these people. Any logic will fly over their head...

If we give them examples of Katies hypocrisy and rudeness, they will shut their eyes, cover their ears and scream "LALALA IM NOT LISTENING"
  • iwholdeniwholden Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er...like, she did that ONCE and some people (not up to speed) still talk about it like it is ongoing...stuck record methinks! What's laughable is that they never acknowledge (or perhaps didn't "get") why she did so...it was to not take Hopkins' bait and stoop to her level, i.e. to not give her blood. Remember now?

I don't think her going to the bathroom to have a bitch was anything to do with 'not taking Hopkins bait'. I think it was because she knew if it came down to a debate between the two, she knew she would loose.
  • Matt_MaherMatt_Maher Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must have missed that ?

Calling someone an alcoholic isn't an insult.
    Keith has talked about his past openly and honestly. Katie wasn't using it to put him down in any way.
  • THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moontaker wrote: »
    I don't think being kind has anything to do with political correctness, it's more to do with being human.
    it means shouting for what you believe in. no matter how hard they try to gag you in fear of some been offended
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member

Must have missed that ?
    Doesn't he call himself an alcoholic?

It's hardly an abusive term...it's just fact. :confused:
  • ThadThad Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    The idea of anyone supporting Katie Hopkins..... It's like stepping into some alternate reality.
  • Scamps8Scamps8 Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No people like her because its sort of the dark house approach, she was the most hated, and if she shows an inkling of kindness, it will be magified

Most of the public have a short attention span it appears... The public that seems to have forgotten what she has said in the past, and how much it contradicts so many things she says in the house.

The media said she was hated. They didn't poll the entire British public, so she may have been loved by a great deal by the British public before she went into the house.

Some people agree with some of the things she says and some don't. You personally might not like what she says but that doesn't mean the entire british public agree with you before or even after she went into the house.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No people like her because its sort of the dark house approach, she was the most hated, and if she shows an inkling of kindness, it will be magified.

Most of the public have a short attention span it appears... The public that seems to have forgotten what she has said in the past, and how much it contradicts so many things she says in the house.

Are you saying the public are wrong and people that don't like are correct. She tops every fave h/m poll on the internet. Perhaps its the people that dont like her are in the minority.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iwholden wrote: »
    I don't think her going to the bathroom to have a bitch was anything to do with 'not taking Hopkins bait'. I think it was because she knew if it came down to a debate between the two, she knew she would loose.

You have a bad read of character then. Honestly, Katie will not win an argument with most intelligent people, because theres too many things that can be used against her, and she is actually pretty childish and in the same league as Perez.

When she doing interviews, she is prepared for her comments, but she is certainly not in any shape or form quick witted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I love the idea that Katie Hopkins is only 'saying what the people think', that some of us (the PC brigade) are pursing our lips but desperate to let out our true racist, sexist, other people hating selves - you know there's a chance that we just don't think that way. Her 'career' - ability to gain a profile and money by slating everyone in a tweet or in a house or daily life - who knows, is just another persons fake boobs. Well done to her.
  • Alfie JackAlfie Jack Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No people like her because its sort of the dark house approach, she was the most hated, and if she shows an inkling of kindness, it will be magified.

How can you make a declaration like that - no, that is your opinion and other people have theirs, just because you don't like her for whatever reason doesn't mean everyone agrees.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Are you saying the public are wrong and people that don't like are correct. She tops every fave h/m poll on the internet. Perhaps its the people that dont like her are in the minority.

So because the majority agree, I am wrong? Even tho you have not tackled my points? I do not take public opinion seriously, especially the viewers that watch CBB. The public are easily fooled, AND as shown in the past, nasty people entering the house, have a higher chance to change opinions if they present a level of kindness compared to a nice person who comes in.

You are yet to acknowledge her hypocrisy, and give a comment on it... Like I said before, most of you supporters are without any depth, which makes it difficult to reason with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you make a declaration like that - no, that is your opinion and other people have theirs, just because you don't like her for whatever reason doesn't mean everyone agrees.

I can make that declaration, because it has happened far too many times in the past on other reality shows where low expectations for a villain, ends up being an advantage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scamps8 wrote: »
    The media said she was hated. They didn't poll the entire British public, so she may have been loved by a great deal by the British public before she went into the house.

Some people agree with some of the things she says and some don't. You personally might not like what she says but that doesn't mean the entire british public agree with you before or even after she went into the house.

The dailymail certainly loved her... and we know what type of readers are attracted by that newspaper (if you can even call it that)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    I can't stand Katie Hopkins, but will vote for her as a vote against Perez. I dislike him far more than Katie or anyone else in the house.
    I am loving perez!....he is crazy and his patter is funny!.making a boring house entertaining.
  • Alfie JackAlfie Jack Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can make that declaration, because it has happened far too many times in the past on other reality shows where low expectations for a villain, ends up being an advantage.

Well obviously you can't because people here disagree with you, so you're wrong, it is simply your opinion.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few reasons Katie has supporters:

Firstly, she is cashing in on the house divide and the fact that Perez is Public Enemy No1 - without his presence, that would be her default position.

Secondly, there are people who enjoy her - find her amusing, entertaining, funny etc.

Thirdly, there are people who agree with her opinions and believe that she says things which need to be said - the long-awaited anti-PC voice.

And there will be the occasional bod who believes her ridiculous grandstanding about Her British Public.

Appealing to the public on different levels is a huge vote winner - she is the only one in the house who has that in her armoury and it is the biggest reason that she is likely to win.

The only way she can throw it away now is by looking a bigger idiot than Perez, or if she continues to bad-mouth Cheggers.
  • iwholdeniwholden Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a bad read of character then. Honestly, Katie will not win an argument with most intelligent people, because theres too many things that can be used against her, and she is actually pretty childish and in the same league as Perez.

When she doing interviews, she is prepared for her comments, but she is certainly not in any shape or form quick witted.

I'd like to think I have a good judge of character tbh. As I say I don't like a lot of the things Katie has said but out of all those house mate's she's my winner. What's up is the odds on your favourite dwindling?
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE ROTCOD wrote: »
    it means shouting for what you believe in. no matter how hard they try to gag you in fear of some been offended

That's a lovely sentiment but I haven't seen Katie.H shouting anything other than hurtful, hateful insults.
  • jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Katie Hopkins before she went into the house and I like her even more now.

Tonight's episode was hilarious.