Options

Top Gear

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So will still get to see the recorded bits from the last three shows?

Even without the links?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

His reaction must've been 'oh cock!'
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member

Good to see some old fashioned friendship. A rarity in today's stab anyone in the back to promote yourself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    to be honest its not really my cup of tea but it does have a lot of viewers so i only hope that the quality content of the show continues to see the light of day for those viewers who really njoyed it...

me, im too busy watching my old time favourites on youtube...
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    opens the way for a move to BBC1?

K
  • Options
    MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That sounds very much like he's not going to stay on Top Gear.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I think that it was obvious that JC would be gone with everything that happened but how they going to do top gear now is.............it's interesting. Hardly doubt it will be the same though
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So will still get to see the recorded bits from the last three shows?

Even without the links?

The official statement from the BBC states that someone has been given the task of working out how the pre-recorded footage from the remaining 3 episodes can be broadcast – so it sounds like we will see them, in some form.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichPlat wrote: »
    To be honest I much prefer Fifth Gear anyways .

With Quentin "smug" Wilson?
    A man so smug it defies logic? A man who demeanor screams "I! AM! QUENTIN! WILSON!!!!!" Whose face seems to be in a permanent state of shock, surprise mixed with delight that it finds itself attached to "QUENTIN! WILSON!"

Fifth Gear is a tedious show... it took all the worst bits of the original Top Gear and has refined them into UberTedium.

Its one saving grace is the delightful Jodie Kidd but not even she can save the show from the only man on TV with an ego bigger than Clarkson's
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    With Quentin "smug" Wilson?
    A man so smug it defies logic? A man who demeanor screams "I! AM! QUENTIN! WILSON!!!!!" Whose face seems to be in a permanent state of shock, surprise mixed with delight that it finds itself attached to "QUENTIN! WILSON!"

Fifth Gear is a tedious show... it took all the worst bits of the original Top Gear and has refined them into UberTedium.

Its one saving grace is the delightful Jodie Kidd but not even she can save the show from the only man on TV with an ego bigger than Clarkson's

Wilson isn't on 5th gear anymore. He's on a classic car show on 5th gear and is a dreadful presenter. Not as dreadful as the new Indian presenter on 5th gear tho which has found a new home on the history channel
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Had to laugh as much as he is a knob comment from James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charger21 wrote: »
    Wilson isn't on 5th gear anymore. He's on a classic car show on 5th gear and is a dreadful presenter. Not as dreadful as the new Indian presenter on 5th gear tho which has found a new home on the history channel

Ah...well I only managed a couple of 5th Gears before it became a choice of turn over or get a new TV after every episode.

A classic car show on Channel five? with Quentin Wilson? I'm sure that consists wislon pleasuring himself over a mercedes of one sort or another :D

Fifth Gear is on the history channel??!? :confused: there is no way I can see how that fits :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Had to laugh as much as he is a knob comment from James

It was funny :)
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah...well I only managed a couple of 5th Gears before it became a choice of turn over or get a new TV after every episode.

A classic car show on Channel five? with Quentin Wilson? I'm sure that consists wislon pleasuring himself over a mercedes of one sort or another :D

Fifth Gear is on the history channel??!? :confused: there is no way I can see how that fits :confused:

I agree. I don’t understand why Top Gear USA is made by the History Channel in the US either.:confused:
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It will carry on" and it will be crap. I wont be watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just noticed you mentioned Jodie Kidd. She is Wilson's co presenter on the classic car show. There's is zero chemistry between them. It does mainly consist of him oohing and aahing. Its hard going viewing. 5th gear had been on discovery for a couple of years after it left 5 and now as I say on history
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    "It will carry on" and it will be crap. I wont be watching.

Of course you won't be, if it's on the telly... I'll bet you a bacon sandwich that you'll be there, complaining, saying it isn't how it used to be, that it's the biggest pile of crud since Crud McCrud did a pile of crud on an already very large pile of crud.
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC really know how to shoot themselves in the foot.TG is by far the best prog they have and I suspect the entire Clarkson,Hammond, May team will move to Sky with an exactly same format and the BBC licence payers will be stuck with a 4th rate show presented by a Noel Edmonds/Chris Evans lookalike or some other pillock.

Clarkson was a pillock but we liked him
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    If course you won't be, if it's on the telly... I'll bet you a bacon sandwich that you'll be there, complaining, saying it isn't how it used to be, that it's the biggest pile of crud since Crud McCrud did a pile of crud on an already very large pile of crud.

I wont watch it because I have no iterest in cars and i watched it for the last of the summer wine elements things like that cant be manufactured ufortunately
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    Regardless of the rights and wrongs of this situation, the BBC has just killed it's golden goose and lost a shed load of money in the process. Expect TV licence fees **cough** total waste of money** cough** to rise in the neat future.......

RIP Top Gear - I'll miss the jokey bloke travelogues, maybe they can just team up and do these elsewhere....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charger21 wrote: »
    Just noticed you mentioned Jodie Kidd. She is Wilson's co presenter on the classic car show. There's is zero chemistry between them. It does mainly consist of him oohing and aahing. Its hard going viewing. 5th gear had been on discovery for a couple of years after it left 5 and now as I say on history

that doesn't surprise me tbh.... after all... she's a woman, she can drive cars, quickly, has a personality and is easy on the eye.
    The QUENTIN! WILSON! would never be able to comfortably co-exist with that kind of talent.

So, who's doing Fifth Gear these days then?
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    The BBC really know how to shoot themselves in the foot.TG is by far the best prog they have and I suspect the entire Clarkson,Hammond, May team will move to Sky with an exactly same format and the BBC licence payers will be stuck with a 4th rate show presented by a Noel Edmonds/Chris Evans lookalike or some other pillock.

Clarkson was a pillock but we liked him

I think it was Clarkson who did the shooting.
    What an utter c***.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Could it not go back to as it used to be,
    Looking at everyday cars for everyday people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that doesn't surprise me tbh.... after all... she's a woman, she can drive cars, quickly, has a personality and is easy on the eye.
    The QUENTIN! WILSON! would never be able to comfortably co-exist with that kind of talent.

So, who's doing Fifth Gear these days then?

Tiff Needle, vicki butler Henderson and an Indian guy I don't know
This discussion has been closed.