Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Europe and Asia are two continents with India as a sub-continent, North and South America are the Americas. perhaps you had better tell the Olympic Committee they are wrong.

It's actually taught very different all round the world. Some are taught that Eurasia is a continent instead of Europe and Asia separate. Some are taught The Americas are one continent, others are taught they are separate. Some are taught Antarctica is a continent, others are taught its not.

So really there is no definite rule about this, so you can't keep using the Olympics as an excuse. I will always say there are 7 continents as that was how I was taught, and to me it makes sense, but others like i've said will have been taught differently.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The Trivago advert for so many reasons:-

Her silly, babyish voice
    The fact they're a pair of hipsters
    Him carrying her to the room (is she too drunk to walk?)
    He has his eyes shut while carrying her
    The brushing their teeth scene in the matching robes
    He has a man bun (can be seen in the brushing teeth scene)

No other advert makes me swear at the television like this one!

Also the fact that the ad is on so often. It's awful.

An ad that irritates me atm features a lot of people wearing one outfit then there's a transition and they're wearing a more extreme outfit and posing about like wannabe models - and in the end it's for a car advert. WTH.
    I guess there's no unique elements to the new car so we're supposed to be distracted by posing people instead.
    I can't remember the car company name now, I'm trying to block the ad outta my brain.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one on BBC showing a speeded up conversation between a young couple.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really trying not to make this thread the first-stop grief hole for any ad I dislike

Oh I wasn't complaining about you complaining about the advert, if that's what it sounded like! I meant that I thought to myself it was an irritating advert and imagined people were going to think the same on here! ;)
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yviebabe wrote: »
    I hate that Karcher window cleaner advert where the woman cleans one side of a set of windows quicker than her other half does the other side. The smug look on her face when she's finished!
    But there are two sides to stereotyping. Yes, she 'beat' her man in the cleanest window fastest competition... but all that is saying is women still gain great satisfaction and fulfilment from doing household chores well. Aaaagh. :D
  • middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Ginsters boy I don't understand, awkward, no coordination or rhythm, not particularly good looking, obviously no taste / can't cook... food of the wimps.
    Shit at sports, no worries, eat a pasty.
    Feel free to use any of my slogans :D
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's actually taught very different all round the world. Some are taught that Eurasia is a continent instead of Europe and Asia separate. Some are taught The Americas are one continent, others are taught they are separate. Some are taught Antarctica is a continent, others are taught its not.

So really there is no definite rule about this, so you can't keep using the Olympics as an excuse. I will always say there are 7 continents as that was how I was taught, and to me it makes sense, but others like i've said will have been taught differently.

There are 5 continents, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australasia, Americas, ,Antarctica is just a uninhabited sheet of ice.
    You must have had some strange teachers. Going by your theory, the North Pole and Oceana makes it 9.:D
  • lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her silly, babyish voice

That scene makes me think of a serial killer or rapist carrying his next victim to her doom. Probably not what the ad agency were hoping for.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    :eek: no he can't do that because chewing sounds right in your ear are exactly what you want from a man, surely...?

If Ashton Kutcher was sat beside me, cosying up whilst chewing in my lughole, I think I would find a way to deal with it.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    There are 5 continents, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australasia, Americas, ,Antarctica is just a uninhabited sheet of ice.
    You must have had some strange teachers. Going by your theory, the North Pole and Oceana makes it 9.:D

Antarctica is a continent; there's land under that ice, unlike the Arctic ice. Some of the land even pokes out above the ice, e.g. the Vinson Massif.
  • UsernameErrorUsernameError Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Winner Bingo. Need I say more?!
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
    Forum Member
    That grotesque, cackling old crone Barbara Windsor and her Bingo balls.

I suppose we should be thankful that her bra doesn't fly off! :o
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm guessing by your logic, National Geographic are just a bunch of idiots then http://www.nationalgeographic.com/faq/geography.html

Oceana is part of Australasia.

The North Pole is just ice, whereas South has land under the ice so is a landmass.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Heh heh, she said "balls".
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Karma Chameleon car advert is truly pathetic.
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vax cordless ad purely because mirandas voice is not very nice in it

ETA
    Oh no a different winner bingo ad with blonde man on bongos >:(
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

I suppose we should be thankful that her bra doesn't fly off! :o

TV ads are her new sphere of influence...;-)
  • TracyTracy Posts: 6,229
    Forum Member
    The Whats My Claim Worth TV ad I have to change channels.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Being a keen horse racing fan I'm appalled at the latest advert on Channel Four for racing at Aintree next month. It's awful. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, have a look at the comments on here:

http://youtu.be/NEmKIT0s3xg
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest Aldi advert is truly awful and is possibly enough to make me boycott Aldi.

Her silly, babyish voice

Makes one yearn for the gap toothed bint on the balcony in Venice, she was bang tidy though for a bint with such a huge gap in her teeth.
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Oral B ad. with the thick, annoying bird who cracks up laughing for no reason. It's the usual lies that accompany all toothpaste ads. 'I get the just-cleaned feeling I get when I've been to the dentist!' No you don't, love.

And then she says - in her Dalek-like voice - that's she's going to 'Go Pro.'

No doubt she will. When the adverts dry up.
  • bscbabscba Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    For me one of the really annoying ones is the British Seniors ad.

The guy is totally middle class, but still refers to "the wife" She is pottering in their lovely garden in some Home Counties property that will have at least half a million quid of equity in it.

The notion therefore that they need to take out a policy to cover their funeral expenses is totally risible.
  • CapparwireCapparwire Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Haribo ad with the people at a conference table speaking in kiddy voices. Mainly for the terrible, terrible overacting from the adults.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    That Karma Chameleon car advert is truly pathetic.

It's a bit creepy too, what is their relationship supposed to be? it all seems a bit weird.
  • NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Beeny and her tepilo ad. tepilo just sounds weird.
This discussion has been closed.