CORRIE: WHEN is someone going to give Bethany a SLAP!?!?

Comments

• cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear her ,Bethany is getting if not got to be my most disliked person in a Soap and that's saying something >:(>:( Sarah's not much better either this time round ,

I don't know what Coro is trying to achieve with the writing for these two ,but it really is just awful .Bethany just wants bringing down a peg or two as all she's doing at the moment is making me want to switch off whenever she appears on the screen ,..stupid little girl that she is >:(
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    She had her when she was only 13 then moved abroad where she brought her up with no help or guidance from her own mother. I think she has done it the only way she knows how. Bethany is a cheeky mare and treats Sarah like a sister rather than a mother but they are obviously very close and love and look out for each other.

I've no doubt that they're close and that Sarah loves her, but her primary role is to be a mother to her and raise her to be a responsible adult, otherwise she's not actually "raising" her at all.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I've no doubt that they're close and that Sarah loves her, but her primary role is to be a mother to her and raise her to be a responsible adult, otherwise she's not actually "raising" her at all.

I think we're possibly going to see something happen to Bethany which will really highlight how neglectful Sarah is as a mother. At the moment they seem to be presenting Sarah in such a bad light, and being so dismissive of Bethany's behaviour that there simply MUST come a point where she's forced to reevaluate her position in that relationship.....mind you if your daughter running away, to a completely different country without you noticing, doesn't work, I don't know what will!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I think we're possibly going to see something happen to Bethany which will really highlight how neglectful Sarah is as a mother. At the moment they seem to be presenting Sarah in such a bad light, and being so dismissive of Bethany's behaviour that there simply MUST come a point where she's forced to reevaluate her position in that relationship.....mind you if your daughter running away, to a completely different country without you noticing, doesn't work, I don't know what will!

Yes, that may well be the case. From what we can see, Sarah is a useless mother and is setting no clear boundaries for Bethany, who is effectively out of control at the moment. Often children from this type of dysfunctional parenting turn to drugs or drink or sex or whatever, so it will be interesting to see where it goes.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor playing Callum isn't gay. To suggest that a gay man would automatically accuse an employer of homophobia just because they were unsuccessful in a job interview is bit ridiculous IMO.

It's OK, I wasn't being serious. Though I have to disagree with your last comment - it may be unusual, but it happens. As for other minorities - it's just a routine accusation.
  • WoodyouratherWoodyourather Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    She is brilliant.
    they have made a great find there.
    Her behaviour is annoying but in a nice way, cos you can't be angry with the girl as she is just so appealing.
    her behaviour is all the fault of Sarah Lou......... she just laughs at her. Sarah Lou more bothered about her own love life than her daughter.
    Bethany far outweighs Sarah Lou in the likeable stakes.

I agree - she's a great character. Her commentary during the wedding was hilarious (all that about the burglary) and great drunk scenes too. Thumbs up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - she's a great character. Her commentary during the wedding was hilarious (all that about the burglary) and great drunk scenes too. Thumbs up

She's 14......what on earth are the producers doing portraying a drunk 14 year old in a comic manner?
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Lol, why? She was just joking around with her. I'm not sure why some people get so worked up over things like that. Some children speak to their parents in a way others don't approve of, but the parents are fine with it. Calling your mum "pramface" in a jokey way is not a big deal.

Yes maybe calling your mum pramface is fine in a jokey way, but it's Beth's whole persona/manner that is all wrong. I get on great with my teenage daughter and we have great banter but imo Beth oversteps the mark. Sarah needs to be more of a mum than a friend/sister :)
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    I can't bear her ,Bethany is getting if not got to be my most disliked person in a Soap and that's saying something >:(>:( Sarah's not much better either this time round ,

I don't know what Coro is trying to achieve with the writing for these two ,but it really is just awful .Bethany just wants bringing down a peg or two as all she's doing at the moment is making me want to switch off whenever she appears on the screen ,..stupid little girl that she is >:(
    Ditto from me, cah.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but SERIOUSLY..... Since this girl has come in to the show has she ever had a line that wasn't sarcastic???

EVERY SINGLE LINE she says is sarcastic. It's wearing very thin now.

Brat :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    i think shes funny!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bethany is amazing. The only decent thing about this show at the moment.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she was 18 or 19 I wouldn't have as much of a problem but she's 14 and needs to be taken down a peg or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she was 18 or 19 I wouldn't have as much of a problem but she's 14 and needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Exactly!! She's 14!!! Sarah is just as bad...she seems to smirk and find very bit of cheek funny??! :confused:
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she got drunk at Gail and Michael's wedding and destroyed the buffet she just giggled and showed no remorse afterward. Surely if anyone did that they would feel awful and guilty for a long, long time?. And your parent/s would go mad!:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she got drunk at Gail and Michael's wedding and destroyed the buffet she just giggled and showed no remorse afterward. Surely if anyone did that they would feel awful and guilty for a long, long time?. And your parent/s would go mad!:confused:

Exactly! When Sarah got back and asked where Bethany and Nick said she ruined the wedding table and the cake Sarah just shrugged!

Can't wait for Callum to kick Sarah's @rse; surely it's just a matter of time now.
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think so too. I like the fact that she is showing that not everyone is a natural mother. It's nice to see another side to a mother/ daughter relationship that's not straightforward and hopefully what corrie will do is find a way to make Sarah reevaluate her attitude towards parenting.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was hilarious again tonight. When she said "We should've come back years ago" when all the David drama was kicking off :D.
  • leon_blayerleon_blayer Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    why do corrie keep creating the same one dimensional characters with no redeeming qualities - tracy, bethany and todd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Craig might be right.....surely this can't go on forever! Something's gotta give. I'm sure Bethany will be brought down a peg or two sooner or later. I mean I know she's soooooooo cheeky to her but "if anything happened to Sarah", I think Bethany would be gutted....
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have stopped watching corries since Sarah Lou and her awful daughter turned up , the acting is just awful and over the top
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't mind Bethany at all, but I wondered last night'
    if it were real life, why would Callum not be getting a
    smack in the mouth every time he opens it to spout
    some more lisping camp 'hard man' drivel?
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Sarah who's the annoying one imo. This is a thirty year old WOMAN, behaving like a fourteen year old child. Getting off with the local drug dealer in your brothers house (who is letting you stay there with your daughter) and who was beaten up by said drug dealer, is just repulsive.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,839
    Forum Member
    Sarah and Bethany are such a pair of pi$$ takers - I hope their characters are developed a bit quite soon. Bethany's voice does my head in too, and she gets away with far too much :(

I don't mind Bethany or Sarah, but I'd be happy to see them both get a good slap. Maybe Gail will let them both have it when she comes back from her honeymoon. Two weeks alone with Les Dennis would provoke anyone to violence :D
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like her.
    She's obviously been left to run wild in Italy.

Quite refreshing.