44 Year Old Lottery winner 'splashes £2m on horses for 28-year-old fiancée'

1235»

Comments

• Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I was wondering whether the horses were any good so I've checked on the Racing Post site and there are no racehorses registered in either of their names.......nor in the name of the Forest Edge Arena.

Why would you be doing that? The horses aren't racehorses, they're part of a private stable/arena. And to be honest, you checking them out like that is borderline creepy.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably more than you think, but with a nice name like yours francie, I'll take it back,
    Je suis desolée.

Oi! Aren't you supposed to be an actual Frenchman?
    Then surely you should be désolé?

Anyway, as for the two people in the OP, if it suits them - and it must - good luck to them.

What I never quite get in these threads is why people look down on either party.
    I reckon that if I was a multimillionaire, I'd be laughing my cashmere and unicorn tail socks off that there were anonymous people who had to work for a living or who were unemployed who went on the internet to say they felt sorry for me and/or looked down on me or my other half, as we went on our merry way with our multi-millionaire lifestyle.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the story meant to be here, exactly? Fat millionaire gets slim younger girlfriend?
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Why would you be doing that? The horses aren't racehorses, they're part of a private stable/arena. And to be honest, you checking them out like that is borderline creepy.

don't be daft........

I follow racing every day and usually have the Racing Post site open as I am a subscriber to it..........what's creepy about trying to see which horses they are and if they are any good ?
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    What's the story meant to be here, exactly? Fat millionaire gets slim younger girlfriend?

Jealous, holier than though DS Forum Members get their knickers in a twist and look down their judgemental noses at a lucky sod enjoying his lottery winnings.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    Pretty much.....plus you can't say 'fat millionaire ex wife buys new husband' because that would be seen as 'sexist' or 'misogynist'. ;-)
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jealous, holier than though DS Forum Members get their knickers in a twist and look down their judgemental noses at a lucky sod enjoying his lottery winnings.
    Thought as much. :D
  • Options
    Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd rather get by on my charm, good looks, charisma and oh yes, lest I forget- modesty, as opposed to my bank balance, but fair play to him I say.

As cynical as I am with these kind of things, who knows, perhaps she sees more in him that just his wallet, and either way, if it works for both of them then who am I to judge.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jealous etc ? Just because people come out with comments that you don't agree with doesn't automatically mean jealous posters.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to the pair of em .... Although if I won that sort of money no fricking way would anyone know about it till i knew they were interested in me for me

I'd make up a fictitious background (average job average flat average car ) of she stick around is know she was a keeper

Same here mate. Even then she'd only get to know about a tiny fraction of it.

Plead poverty :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know you love me really ..
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    don't be daft........

I follow racing every day and usually have the Racing Post site open as I am a subscriber to it..........what's creepy about trying to see which horses they are and if they are any good ?

I had a look here, but no joy.

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_GB/
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you love me really ..

Depends how full your bank account is :p:D
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Oi! Aren't you supposed to be an actual Frenchman?
    Then surely you should be désolé?

I saw this, and as I speak a bit of the language, I thought that it was misspelt too, so I asked a French girl who works in a restaurant near my place.
    She said that the word can be spelled desolée, désolé, or désole.
    Spelled desolée, it is normally being written by a female, spelled desolé, by a male.
    Some people use an acute accent over the first e, as in é, some don't, she said that she thinks, but was unsure, that it depended on their local accent.
    If it is spelt désolé, it would be said as daysolay, or dayzholay, if it was spelt desolé it would be pronounced as dezzolay, or dessolay.
    Using one e or two at the end of the word, people would know what was meant, and wouldn't care if it was coming from a male, or female.
    It is no worse than writing there are TO many, instead of TOO many she said.
    You would know what was meant.
    Incidentally, I'm sure that J-F has said that he was born in France, with a Polish mother and French father, but has been in the UK since he was a toddler.
    Maybe he doesn't get much opportunity to use his French now.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    No, he's with a woman, not a man.

Oh, the only pictures fooled me then