Jason

2»

Comments

• peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Sorry, but what evidence is there that Jason takes himself seriously? :confused:

I was no fan of his back in the day but he comes across as very professional. I also know someone who worked at the school where his kids went at one time who said he was always very pleasant - unlike a certain X Factor judge, whose children also attended the same school ...

Given the number of people complaining about Kristina's lack of success in previous years, I would have thought there would have been delight at her pairing this year ... apparently not! :eek:;)

I actually think that if Jason can dance, and improve across the series, he should do well. He should have the stamina from his stints in the West End - and I'd've thought the SCD audience would be more likely to go for him over Harry ... we shall see!

I think this kind of endorsement is very useful, since really the only other way we can assess a celeb's personality is by believing Strictly's editors. Jason was portrayed as somebody who is taking the competition seriously when he was quoted as saying 'fail to prepare: prepare to fail'. No doubt he said other things as well that were left on the cutting-room floor, and those snippets might have revealed self-doubt, for example. We will never know.

I think it's a bit of a reach to say that, because he takes the competition seriously, he takes himself seriously. But this is as much a personality competition as a dancing competition, so how the celebs are portrayed does, I think, have a huge bearing on the outcome.

I am really looking forward to seeing how they do. Personally, I love Kristina - her tweets, blogs and other bits and pieces reveal a sunny personality; she is an excellent dancer; and an experienced teacher and choreographer.

Servalan, I am one of those who is delighted that Kristina has a partner who could/should be a contender - but we said that about Joe Calzaghe and Jimi Mistry, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Jason can do more than the 'dad dancing' he did in the launch show.
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason trains hard at everything he does. I think an element of that transfers into taking himself seriously - it has to - but I'm equally sure that he has a laugh too! It's a balance. You cannot be focused on something like dancing, and be 100% commited to learning the dances and doing your best, without being a dedicated and focused person. I don't think you get one without the other - it takes a certain type of personality to be that focused on a new skill, as opposed to learning for fun without the pressure of a competition or live tv each week, to be able to apply yourself sufficiently. I don't think that means that Jason is totally serious all the time - but that he is professional to know when it's not appropriate to be mucking about - and that's how you learn more !
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »
    Jason trains hard at everything he does. I think an element of that transfers into taking himself seriously - it has to - but I'm equally sure that he has a laugh too! It's a balance. You cannot be focused on something like dancing, and be 100% commited to learning the dances and doing your best, without being a dedicated and focused person. I don't think you get one without the other - it takes a certain type of personality to be that focused on a new skill, as opposed to learning for fun without the pressure of a competition or live tv each week, to be able to apply yourself sufficiently. I don't think that means that Jason is totally serious all the time - but that he is professional to know when it's not appropriate to be mucking about - and that's how you learn more !

I agree I also get the impression Jason will train very hard and give this show his all.