Options

Girls Aloud Sarah Harding Caught Using Mobile Phone ( Whilst Driving )

Comments

• Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GAZ237 wrote: »
    Hardly the crime of the century. Using a phone is 3 points and £60 fine. How many of you smoke or eat at the wheel? Give her a break.

She wont be found guilty of failing to stop for a cop on a pushbike. Probably only a pcso anyway and they can be ignored as they have no legal right to do F-all.

A pcso has no more right to flag her down than i do.

Exactly. It was irresponsible, but hardly worthy of such condemnation. Hopefully she's learnt her lesson.

What George Michael did on numerous occasions was far, far worse.
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly the crime of the century. Using a phone is 3 points and £60 fine. How many of you smoke or eat at the wheel? Give her a break.

She wont be found guilty of failing to stop for a cop on a pushbike. Probably only a pcso anyway and they can be ignored as they have no legal right to do F-all.

Actually...

If you’re caught using a hand-held phone while driving or riding, you can get an automatic fixed penalty notice. You’ll get 3 penalty points on your licence and a fine of £60.

Your case could also go to court and you could be disqualified from driving or riding and get a maximum fine of £1,000.

As for the comment about the pcso that is just an assumption.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would you have been so quick to minimise it if she'd killed someone? Because it's probably mainly luck she didn't.

There's too much of a tendency to regard driving offences as not trivial. They aren't: they put the safety of other people at risk.

I do sympathise with Sarah if she has problems, but she risks having far worse ones if she goes on using a phone while driving.
  • Options
    GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually...

If you’re caught using a hand-held phone while driving or riding, you can get an automatic fixed penalty notice. You’ll get 3 penalty points on your licence and a fine of £60.

Your case could also go to court and you could be disqualified from driving or riding and get a maximum fine of £1,000.

As for the comment about the pcso that is just an assumption.

It could go to court, but guidelines are to hand out the fpn.

Pcso,s have no power of arrest or detainment. You do not need to stop for them or even speak to them. In this case they would of radioed for a real policeman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you have been so quick to minimise it if she'd killed someone? Because it's probably mainly luck she didn't.

There's too much of a tendency to regard driving offences as not trivial. They aren't: they put the safety of other people at risk.

I do sympathise with Sarah if she has problems, but she risks having far worse ones if she goes on using a phone while driving.

Have you never gone over 30mph in a 30 zone?.

Carries the exact same penalty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could go to court, but guidelines are to hand out the fpn.

Pcso,s have no power of arrest or detainment. You do not need to stop for them or even speak to them. In this case they would of radioed for a real policeman.

Ah but you are ASSUMING a PCSO was involved.....can you show me any proof of this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah but you are ASSUMING a PCSO was involved.....can you show me any proof of this?

Yes i am. But i suspect it was, even so i would not readily stop for someone on a pushbike.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i am. But i suspect it was, even so i would not readily stop for someone on a pushbike.

But she was arrested and charged for failing to stop for a police officer (as well as using her phone). So if it had been a PCSO, and if like you say you're not required to stop for PCSOs, then why would she be arrested for it in the first place?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well that's like me ignoring an unmarked police car......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's like me ignoring an unmarked police car......

Your quite within your rights to drive to the nearest police station if an unmarked car trys to stop you.

Could be anyone with a blue lights behind their grills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    But she was arrested and charged for failing to stop for a police officer (as well as using her phone). So if it had been a PCSO, and if like you say you're not required to stop for PCSOs, then why would she be arrested for it in the first place?

Expect thats tabloid dross to dress up the story.

Sounds more dramatic.

Hence the *allegedly
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AFAIK they don't use them these days anyway, so that's your theory shot. In no story I've read about this incident does it say a PCSO was involved.
    Exactly. It was irresponsible, but hardly worthy of such condemnation. Hopefully she's learnt her lesson.

What George Michael did on numerous occasions was far, far worse.

George Michael might have killed someone, and so might Sarah Harding. Warning - this is pretty graphic.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaatpi_texting-while-driving-very-graphic_shortfilms#.UWH-GqKWD5w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don,t use what?

Plus nobody has said she was texting. So what has that link got to do with anything?
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you never gone over 30mph in a 30 zone?.

Carries the exact same penalty.

No, I haven't. I don't drive because I find the thought of killing someone too daunting to try.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I used to but now I am older I am wiser. Also having a friend who works in A&E makes you just think a little more when you drive your car. Listening to some of her stories makes you realise how quickly it can be Game Over.

I personally try and be the best driver I can when on the road. Eating, using phones and speeding are things I used to do when I thought I was invincible and these terrible things would never happen to me. I don't want to be the cause of an accident/death, not for the sake of a phone call anyway.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don,t use what?

Plus nobody has said she was texting. So what has that link got to do with anything?

Pushbikes.

And she was using a phone, same difference.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ignore my phone if it rings when I'm driving, but if it keeps ringing then I pull over and see who it is, I wouldn't even dream of answering a phone or a text whilst driving but I have been driving for decades.

I used to know this girl who was constantly texting and she knocked a jogger over, her reflexes were slowed down, a car pulling out in front of her, she didn't have time to react as she was looking at her phone, the jogger she knocked over was a lady in a very high paid job who was off work for several months due to broken stuff, the girl's insurance made a massive 5 figure pay out to the jogger and this was all because she was texting while driving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It may seem like a trivial crime, but it's that attitude that has led to so many accidents? What if she had hit someone? Would you be calling it trivial then? I don't use the phone at the wheel because I'm not arrogant enough to believe my text/phone call is more important then other road users. I don't smoke or eat while driving either
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She doesn't seem like a girl who is coping very well with life in general to me. Ok, no excuse for what she's done here but she does seem a troubled soul

She has got something of the Lohans about her.

She claims to have got over one crisis and then does another stupid thing a week later.
  • Options
    tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She used to be so bubbly and crazy and that is why people loved Sarah. Since her break up and rehab stint you could tell from interviews she did and the whole GA reunion she wasn't really herself. I hope she sees the light and becomes the old Sarah again.

Oh and the work she has done on her face has aged her about 20 years. She did not need it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    tpau21 wrote: »
    She used to be so bubbly and crazy and that is why people loved Sarah. Since her break up and rehab stint you could tell from interviews she did and the whole GA reunion she wasn't really herself. I hope she sees the light and becomes the old Sarah again.

Oh and the work she has done on her face has aged her about 20 years. She did not need it.

Yeah, you watch videos from a few years ago and she's so fun, also on stage she rarely knows the dance routines and it was funny, watching the recent tour, it's not really that funny anymore, don't know if it's because of the work she's had done makes her look worse but she just doesn't look good.
  • Options
    Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She doesn't seem like a girl who is coping very well with life in general to me. Ok, no excuse for what she's done here but she does seem a troubled soul

I agree. It's an inexcusable thing to do but I don't think she's been in a good place for a long time. She should seek help, especially if she hasn't already tried...and I mean more than just a holiday at the Priory.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No excuses. What she did was wrong. Sick of folk making excuses for bad not to say illegal behaviour.
  • Options
    Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    No excuses. What she did was wrong. Sick of folk making excuses for bad not to say illegal behaviour.

I don't see anyone doing that. Describing someone as a troubled soul or saying that they need help doesn't automatically mean you are okay with what they do - far from it, if anything.
  • Options
    tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly14 wrote: »
    Yeah, you watch videos from a few years ago and she's so fun, also on stage she rarely knows the dance routines and it was funny, watching the recent tour, it's not really that funny anymore, don't know if it's because of the work she's had done makes her look worse but she just doesn't look good.

I agree. She isn't a bad dancer but even now when she dances with the girls she does it halfheartedly and without any enthusiasm and seems to be looking at the other girls to copy dance moves. She even said she shadowed Cheryl in an interview she did recently because of her nerves and how scary it was.

Before she used to have fun the dance moves and especially if they were cheesy she used to take it in her stride and just have fun with the whole thing.