Your top 5 boxers that you enjoyed watching!

BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Your top five boxers that your enjoyed watching, not necessarily the best or most gifted boxer just your top five you have enjoyed watching over the years.

1: Roy Jones Jr, I loved how he could finish people off.

2: Floyd Mayweather, The pinnacle of defensive boxing.

3: Nigel Benn, win or lose this guy had heart of a lion.

4: Sugar Ray Robinson: The best ever for me, sheer class.

5: Marvin Hagler: my dad loved him and watching him as a kid got me into boxing

Comments

• HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyson.

Naseem Hamed.

Hatton.

Groves.

Mayweather.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too many to name but a few who spring to mind.

Thomas Hearns - a beautiful boxer with astonishing power.

Sugar Ray Leonard - another Robinson.

Muhammed Ali - simply the best heavyweight of all time.

Joe Frazier - walking guts.

George Foreman - in his prime seemed invincible before the Rumble.

Modern day - GGG and Froch (an old school hardnut who has fought everybody around).
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy Jones jnr
    Naseem Hamed
    Amir Khan
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    Shane Mosley
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In no particular order.

Ray Leonard - At his peak he was the perfect all rounder.

Roy Jones - At his peak he was simply brilliant! So good he could toy with almost any opponant.
    He took on Toney when Toney had taken over the number one pound for pound ranking and won every minute of every round.
    He beat Hopkins so easily, Hopkins said it forced him to change the way he fought from then on.

Carl Froch - My favourite British fighter.
    I just love the way he almost disregards his defence and loves a good tear up. He's like a modern day bare knuckle fighter.

Peaktime Tyson.

Pacquiao.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince Nassem, and did anyone ever watch that in depth interview with him?
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your top five boxers that your enjoyed watching, not necessarily the best or most gifted boxer just your top five you have enjoyed watching over the years.

1: Roy Jones Jr, I loved how he could finish people off.

2: Floyd Mayweather, The pinnacle of defensive boxing.

3: Nigel Benn, win or lose this guy had heart of a lion.

4: Sugar Ray Robinson: The best ever for me, sheer class.

5: Marvin Hagler: my dad loved him and watching him as a kid got me into boxing

Errmm... if you got into boxingw atching Hagler as a kid you couldn't have seen Robinson live....?

Anyway, I could easily do a top ten of fighters whose fights I just had to watch -maybe even a top fifteen - but you asked for five so here goes:

Ali: Much more than just a boxer. I only saw him from 73 on but even then he had such an aura I had to watch him even if it was just a five-minute clip of him talking trash or reciting one of his terrible poems. Flawed in and out of the ring but quite possibly the toughest heavyweight ever to don gloves. Certainly the fastest.

Tyson: His aura was different, but still magnetic. Loved by few, hated by many, respected (and watched) by all. I often have that debate with friends about peak Tyson v peak Ali. Of course it is meanlingless as we will never know. But what is for certain is that if they had both met at their peaks it would have made an alp-size mountain of cash.

Hagler, Hearns, Leonard : Three very different fighters but I have to group them together simply for the fact that until the very late stages of their careers they were never knowingly involved in boring fights and all were ATG's.

Honourable mentions go to:

Chris Eubank, Nigel benn, Michael Watson, Carl Froch, Roy Jones Jr, Roberto Duran, Julian Jackson, James Toney, Vitali Kitchlsko, early Arron Pryor, Prince Naseem, my Mum and my Dad, the rest of the cast, the director, the academy and of course the fans at home.
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew up in America, and they an invention called the television @Makosi's pants