Is Jordan more successful than Lord Sugar yet?

george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
Forum Member
I'm really annoyed with myself, because for years I intended to post this on the five-year anniversary, and I missed it a few weeks ago. Anyway...

On May 12 2010, the first episode of Junior Apprentice was broadcast. The first person to be fired, Jordan De Courcy, had some very strong words to say in his taxi interview:

'Right now I'm just gutted that I'm leaving. It just annoys me so much to know that there are people left in the house, in the competition, that I know I'm better than them. I think give it five years, I can be just as successful, if not more successful, than Lord Sugar.'

So chaps and chapesses, we're five years on now. Anyone heard from him recently? :D

Comments

• Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be doing pretty well for himself

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/jordandc

Although not Lord Sugar yet.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    Seems to be doing pretty well for himself

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/jordandc

Although not Lord Sugar yet.

Hmm, good on him.

In fairness to him, although that statement was ridiculous, I did think that he was one of the most capable candidates. Out of all the first firees in the series, he is up there with Bilyana in terms of those whom I would have liked to see get a second chance.

It was, without a doubt, very impressive for him to have set up a profitable business at the age of twelve. I don't think he was actually that bad a team leader on the cheese task - I think the mistake that he made was putting himself forward to lead too quickly, and then feeling out of his depth for a while (understandable given the high-pressure situation). His teammates admitted in the boardroom that by the end of the day, his leadership had become a lot stronger. I would have liked him to stay, I think he could possibly have turned it around. He seemed more capable than Rhys ever did anyway.

Having said all that, he didn't come across as a particularly pleasant person. I think his very high opinion of himself was his downfall.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Whilst we're on the subject of that series actually, what happened to Hannah Cherry's world-changing invention? Is it out yet?
  • Matt_HarbinsonMatt_Harbinson Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Obviously not but he was very credible; it was a very difficult task for 16 year olds to do, the girls did ok but making a sizeable profit on £500 of wholesale cheese that wasn't listed with cost prices, a market trader would struggle with that. If you think about series 4 with the seafood, they just about broke even in both teams. If it had been a series 2 young apprentice task like the ice cream, he would have done well I think.