When will we expect an announcement on the move to C5 if at all.

chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
Forum Member
I think we should get over that it's done on C4 first.

Comments

• Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Depends when it's finalised, if it's still going ahead.
  • snotrageatersnotrageater Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is going to C5 I would expect an announcement in the next couple of weeks as this will give the fans something to look forward to while its still in the public eye via the mags etc.

If they delay an announcement for too long most people will have got used to the idea of it being gone and it will be greeted with a large amount of derision.

About 2 weeks time would be right.

Unfortunately its likely the new channel might want to adjust it simply to make it different to the C4 version but Davina and Marcus Bentley are the 2 main ingredients that need to return aswell as using the same theme music.

It may have dropped ratings over the years but even at the level its at now it beats anything that C5 air.

And hopefully BBLB and BBBM will be on FIVER to complete the picture

Of course all this is dependent on C5 being able to reach a deal with Endemol , but the longer the delay the less chance I think there is of it becoming a long term success again
  • lazermanlazerman Posts: 1,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is going to C5 I would expect an announcement in the next couple of weeks as this will give the fans something to look forward to while its still in the public eye via the mags etc.

If they delay an announcement for too long most people will have got used to the idea of it being gone and it will be greeted with a large amount of derision.

About 2 weeks time would be right.

Unfortunately its likely the new channel might want to adjust it simply to make it different to the C4 version but Davina and Marcus Bentley are the 2 main ingredients that need to return aswell as using the same theme music.

It may have dropped ratings over the years but even at the level its at now it beats anything that C5 air.

And hopefully BBLB and BBBM will be on FIVER to complete the picture

Of course all this is dependent on C5 being able to reach a deal with Endemol , but the longer the delay the less chance I think there is of it becoming a long term success again

god no, not davina, her time has gone,it needs a fresh presenter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brian could host-or ben he was after presenting work!
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    The 10th of Never
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    zombie wrote: »

No Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Do we really want it back??...a sub-standard version?

let it go...we had 10 great years...well mostly !
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I doubt they're even close to a deal if discussions are indeed still ongoing. Lots of speculation but mostly from sources I'd rarely consider to be reliable.
  • crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never.....Why?

Endemol have become greedy they think that as the production team they hold all the cards and powedr forgetting that without somebody to broadcast the show it is little more than a primary school play.

CH5 is now owned by a shrewd business man who knows that it will take a few years to build up revenue for his channel and certainly isn't going to line the pockets of a two bit production company buying a programme that has essentially failed due to incompetance and poor production values.

I doubt CH5 and Endemol will ever come to an agreement around BB as CH5 can still fill the void left in next summer with new and innovative reality programming that moves in a new direction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    18 October at 2.50pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    zombie wrote: »

No offense, but when it comes to Ben, get real. It's a big job, they're not going to give it to someone with no real presenting experience.

He has to prove himself in a lesser presenting job first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I doubt they're even close to a deal if discussions are indeed still ongoing. Lots of speculation but mostly from sources I'd rarely consider to be reliable.

It was actually reported by The Guardian that talks were taking place between Endemol and Channel Five. The owner of Channel Five said in a televised interview that he wanted Big Brother. Reliable enough for you?,
    If the talks hadn't worked out, that would also have been reported by now.
    Rumour (yes, I know) has it that Endemol has already applied for another three year lease on the Borehamwood site, which strongly suggests they've reached a deal.
    Nothing is certain until / if the news breaks, but it's looking very likely. :)
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    18 October at 2.50pm.

I'd laugh if that was correct.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    lazerman wrote: »
    god no, not davina, her time has gone,it needs a fresh presenter.

Wouldn't that be a bit of an anticlimax... not to mention extremely embarassing after this big ending complete with funeral and lots of tears. Suddenly Davina is back gurning at the camera "BB House, this is Davina - AGAIN - you are Live on Channel 5... etc' :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if they carry on as usual it will be soon so that the speculation about who goes into Celeb BB begins. However if they are wise they will give it a break for a year to allow for a fresh start.
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Well if they carry on as usual it will be soon so that the speculation about who goes into Celeb BB begins. However if they are wise they will give it a break for a year to allow for a fresh start.

PEJ confirmed a while back that there will be no CBB in 2011 whatever happens.
  • apinkprincess3apinkprincess3 Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it would be a bit werid to see davina back again after her saying goodbye lol.
    Yes for once I agree a new presenter would be really good besides davina seems to look tired lately lol.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18 October at 2.50pm.

Very good, and how many seconds would that be and will it be raining at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEJ confirmed a while back that there will be no CBB in 2011 whatever happens.

Then they are as wise as me. ;):D
    Forum Member
    It was actually reported by The Guardian that talks were taking place between Endemol and Channel Five. The owner of Channel Five said in a televised interview that he wanted Big Brother. Reliable enough for you?

I never denied talks hadn't took place. I was suggesting that the rumours that a deal had already been done was coming from sources I would not consider to be reliable. Even The Guardian article pointed out that a deal was nowhere near imminent. Talks take place all the time - they don't always amount to something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I'd laugh if that was correct.

Maybe it will be :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    I never denied talks hadn't took place.

:confused::confused::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Rose34 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::rolleyes:

What?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    If it does go to C5, then it has to have a live feed or it will die. That's what has lost C4 BB viewers when they didn't have it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never denied talks hadn't took place. I was suggesting that the rumours that a deal had already been done was coming from sources I would not consider to be reliable. Even The Guardian article pointed out that a deal was nowhere near imminent. Talks take place all the time - they don't always amount to something.

The article actually says: "However, it is understood the full details of the deal are still to be finalised and no announcement is imminent." which is a bit different :)

That was nearly three weeks ago, so discussions will have moved further by now - though how far, who knows? But talks are certainly taking place.

Full article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/25/big-brother-channel-5