Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Comments

• gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine met Val Kilmer when he was doing a show in the West End a few years ago and said he was the most obnoxious person she's ever encountered.
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess he's pretty uncommunicative these days.

No different to when he was alive then! :rolleyes:
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    A friend of mine met Alan Davies once.
    The man plays an affable idiot most of
    the time on Q.I. but when meeting the
    public,aparently he is a right miserable
    and grumpy so and so!

I met Alan Davies last year, he was lovely and posed for a very nice photo ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Tweedy and Lea Michele.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Millican.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not so much of a celebrity now, but Carol Smillie. My sister was unfortunate to sit next to her when flying up from London only to be told "don't even thing about engaging in any conversation with me..."
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Alan Davies last year, he was lovely and posed for a very nice photo ...

He used to date Julia Sawalha and her sister Nadia said for a comediene he was the most miserable sod she had ever met! :(
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough Hitler was a lovely bloke offscreen. And Genghis Khan was a real animal lover, you should have seen him with our two dogs. Vlad the Impaler,believe it or not, turned up to our disabled son's birthday party and had us all in fits.
    On the other hand, I met Jesus once and boy did he think he was it.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Maybe not so much of a celebrity now, but Carol Smillie. My sister was unfortunate to sit next to her when flying up from London only to be told "don't even thing about engaging in any conversation with me..."

Oooo nasty, I always liked Carol, she was smiley :)
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In retaliation, did she dig out her IPod or something similar, without a word?
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AidanLunn wrote: »
    James Bolam is a miserable, selfish arse, IIRC.

Not talked to Rodney Bewes since the 70s, IIRC and blocking any repeats of The Likely Lads.

Total opposite of his Likely Lads character - hates Newcastle and not spoken to Bewes since he revealed to the press that James' wife was pregnant.

Well said. even when Bewes found work to be a bit thin on the ground and could have done with repeats fees from WHTTLL, Bolam took every opportunity to block terrestrial repeats
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Tweedy and Lea Michele.

Have you met Cheryl Cole in real life then?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough Hitler was a lovely bloke offscreen. And Genghis Khan was a real animal lover, you should have seen him with our two dogs. Vlad the Impaler,believe it or not, turned up to our disabled son's birthday party and had us all in fits.
    On the other hand, I met Jesus once and boy did he think he was it.

Probably not with Jews though.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have met Clive Owen and he is as wooden off screen as he is on it.
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I have met Clive Owen and he is as wooden off screen as he is on it.

Is he friends with Mr Sheen ?? :D

Anthony Cotton has been witnessed as an arrogant & brash individual.Very egotistical & not to be approached..unless you're the producer of Corrie..
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    No different to when he was alive then! :rolleyes:

I used to like him in Callan, but in the Equaliser, as a tough guy, he was laughable, which was a shame as otherwise, he wasn't a bad actor.
  • NorthcroftNorthcroft Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Anna Karen (Olive from On the Buses), I worked with her when she was resting, the most horrible person I've ever met
    On the other hand Sophie Lawrence was lovely
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Northcroft wrote: »
    Anna Karen (Olive from On the Buses), I worked with her when she was resting, the most horrible person I've ever met

In what way?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clive Dunn was OK, at the age of twenty in the sixties I managed an electrical store near Putney bridge. He'd come in for light bulbs, plugs and the odd small appliance, as he only lived round the corner in a flat on Lower Richmond Road. He was always very polite.
    He wasn't much different in real life to his TV characters.
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I used to work in Fulham, and would sometimes see Leslie Grantham (Dirty Den from EE) queuing up in the NatWest Bank - this was in the days of proper banks with wooden counters and human cashiers.

He looked, and dressed, exactly the same as his character, and was quite happy to chat with anyone.
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew someone a few years ago (I don't think it's right to say who without their permission) and they pointed out that from the moment they set foot outside their front door, to the moment they got home, people were recognising him, and how difficult it was to be permanantly cheerful and happy. He said sometimes he would just be lost in his own thoughts at the supermarket check out, doing what we all do, in terms of thinking of all the other things he still had to do, but because he wasn't grinning from ear to ear this counted as being miserable in the eyes of the checkout girl. I would imagine the novelty of being recognised when you want to be off duty soon wears off.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    I knew someone a few years ago (I don't think it's right to say who without their permission) and they pointed out that from the moment they set foot outside their front door, to the moment they got home, people were recognising him, and how difficult it was to be permanantly cheerful and happy. He said sometimes he would just be lost in his own thoughts at the supermarket check out, doing what we all do, in terms of thinking of all the other things he still had to do, but because he wasn't grinning from ear to ear this counted as being miserable in the eyes of the checkout girl. I would imagine the novelty of being recognised when you want to be off duty soon wears off.

Absolutely spot on. We all have our "off" days and our "away" days as described above. You can't seriously deliver a verdict of "vile" on somebody on the basis of a single encounter - either your own or one you have heard repeated. The Jimmy Saviles of this world, on the other hand ...
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

What a jumped up madam, who would want to talk to her anyway. I would've laughed back in her face and said "don't flatter yourself love, the in-flight magazine is probably more interesting than you."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I have met Jamie Oliver, who is a lovely person and very friendly. On a flight back to NY, I was seated next to jeremy clarkson and he was rude and obnoxious. And got drunk pretty quick and It was sickening to see him chat up the young stewardess who promptly moved to the other section to be replaced by a camp steward. That shut Jeremy up :D The people in our cabin pissed themselves laughing.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

She should have said "That's okay, I don't talk to strangers." or just looked down her nose at her and said "Do you know who I am?"