Options

My Kitchen Rules Australia series 5

Comments

• Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Yay! Now off you go again. More fluffy balls to report on. Hope you're feeling a bit better?

No doubt they cooked a great dish but I can't praise them. Kelly in particular is obnoxious and that colours my view of everything they cook. I'm not proud of that trait in me but it's the way I feel :blush:

I am keeping it at bay by overdosing on hot Ribena!!! But I could really have done with sorting out my expenses... So will do some before heading off and will try and do a ton tonight!

I a, sure they are being edited thus but I still find Chloe and Kelly abhorrent. I am not sure anything happened per se between them and the twins, but they took against the, early on, saying that there was no room for two young female teams (and the students were in the other group) so it seemed to be an issue for them right from the start.
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nickname for Kelly is barracuda - those teeth - that mouth - the ugliest young woman I can remember on a TV show, ugly of face and character. Chloe is prettier but is just as poisonous, always was according to someone who was at school with her. (read it in the Australian forum). Dont go there, it contains spoilers.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Good task last night - but did they really have to build their own BBQ Kitchen's....:(

Did think Helena&Vikki were close to SD again, a close thing.
    You feel Carly {prawntown} & Tresne, are on borrowed time.
    Liked Paul&Blair vetting for Vikki's suitors.:D

And loved Anna's Shoulders.;-)

'43'....'42'
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    No-one's ever volunteered to shut it for them? Although come to think of it that's hard to believe if that's how they behave in real life. And if they're playing up to the cameras, shame on them for setting such a bad example.

You'd expect Chloe, a mother, to behave in a more mature fashion wouldn't you? They both seem to be incredibly immature and for some reason they seem to be threatened by Helena and Vikki. I hope to god that Chloe and Kelly reach the final but then suffer the humiliation of losing to a team that they have slagged off throughout the competition
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    My nickname for Kelly is barracuda - those teeth - that mouth - the ugliest young woman I can remember on a TV show, ugly of face and character. Chloe is prettier but is just as poisonous, always was according to someone who was at school with her. (read it in the Australian forum). Dont go there, it contains spoilers.

I like Kelly, I always was one for the wrong 'uns! 😁
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My theory on mean girls like Chloe and Kelly, fwiw, is that the bluster and boasting and sniping and superior attitude is because they're actually not that confident in their abilities, despite appearances, so they do feel threatened, in this case on both their cooking ability and their attractiveness as young women, which is why Vikki and Helena are their targets as they're closer in age to them than Thalia and Bianca. Anyone who is genuinely confident doesn't need all that nonsense. There's no need, they can clearly cook and they might not be super models but, leaving aside the ugly attitude, neither of them would frighten the horses.

To have a team with that attitude in the pack is a gift for the production team, of course, and I dare say they seek them out from the applicants.

I really don't want them to win, though!
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. 6.30 tonight.

Hope the first night went ok cika?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. 6.30 tonight.

Hope the first night went ok cika?

Oops, just realised the early start.

It was a very short night indeed! He cried so much I ended up giving in and getting up with him at 3.30 this morning, after which he played for hours. Today the other cat, my namesake Cika, has decided to stalk him so he's mostly retreated to under the sofa. But he's eating well and purrs like a train when I do get to see him so it'll sort itself out - she's just making sure he knows his place.

The last food truck challenge. From the trailer it looks like an interesting one. In the Chinese curse 'may you live in interesting times' sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, way to set yourself up to fail, Jess.

Saying from the start she didn't want to do it, she couldn't do it - not the best way to motivate herself or the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wretched internet keeps dropping out >:(
    Oops, just realised the early start.

It was a very short night indeed! He cried so much I ended up giving in and getting up with him at 3.30 this morning, after which he played for hours. Today the other cat, my namesake Cika, has decided to stalk him so he's mostly retreated to under the sofa. But he's eating well and purrs like a train when I do get to see him so it'll sort itself out - she's just making sure he knows his place.

The last food truck challenge. From the trailer it looks like an interesting one. In the Chinese curse 'may you live in interesting times' sense.
    That doesn't sound too bad for a first night. I'm sure he'll be better tonight. At least kitty Cika hasn't reacted badly. They will be great friends in no time.

Gosh, neither of these teams are doing well tonight. I'm surprised at Jessica breaking down like that, I thought she was a tough cookie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those bugs give me the creeps - I love lobster and crab but I don't think I could touch one of those. All I can think of is cockroaches.

When Chloe and Kelly are under pressure as head chef and maitre d' they seem to forget to be bi ... I mean, obnoxious and just get on with it. Makes them almost bearable.

Stop moaning Bree. No-one had been maitre d' before and they managed.

It's a shambles all round, isn't it?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Head chef Kelly complains that she has to check every lamb dish before it goes out. Durrr
    Anna cracking now.
    Tables leaving! Good grief the wait must have been bad. It's a disaaaster dahling :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thalia & Bianca shine again. I can see them going all the way to the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just in so a bit behind... I am preparing a Quiche Lorraine with haricot rouges and Les saucissons... (Leftover quiche and a tin of beans and sausages... I thank you) ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Just in so a bit behind... I am preparing a Quiche Lorraine with haricot rouges and Les saucissons... (Leftover quiche and a tin of beans and sausages... I thank you) ...

And would you like red or brown with that? Or a cheeky mayo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One minus and three plus courses for each team. Close call but we didn't see customers leaving the other kitchen.

ETA 6.30 again tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One minus and three plus courses for each team. Close call.

The bug was the killer, along with people leaving because of the delay, I imagine.

If Jessica can't get her confidence back up they could be in trouble tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And would you like red or brown with that? Or a cheeky mayo?

I opted for neither, but chose a cheeky merlot-Ribena to accompany the dish
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bug was the killer, along with people leaving because of the delay, I imagine.

If Jessica can't get her confidence back up they could be in trouble tomorrow.

Thoose bugs are seriously creepy - why would you call a 'luxury' ingredient 'bug'. Just goes to prove that just because you can technically eat something, doesn't mean you should (see also squid and sea urchin).

Am in total shock at Bree and Jessica. Had them down - from what we've seen so far - as capable and confident not the wobbly mess that Jess seems to have been. Might have to revise my finalists and promote Paul and Blair from the semis :D
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Thoose bugs are seriously creepy - why would you call a 'luxury' ingredient 'bug'. Just goes to prove that just because you can technically eat something, doesn't mean you should (see also squid and sea urchin).

I don't know the origin of the name, but it's a kind of lobster, so I'd expect seafood lovers to find it delicious. (There is also the Balmain bug, a close relative.)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    As this is a cooking competition, Bree&Jessica, can still cook, they just can't do service and cook at the same time - which I guess they didn't sign up to do on MKR, in the first place.

I'd be mad as hell, if I was on their team, and they had mucked up service big time in this task....Uel said it was their best dish they had done - Helena&Vikki's 'nut custard' looked the best - Paul&Blair's 'skippy', never looked better....all to no avail, because of the service.

Bree&Jessica - should go straight to sudden death.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    As this is a cooking competition, Bree&Jessica, can still cook, they just can't do service and cook at the same time - which I guess they didn't sign up to do on MKR, in the first place.

I'd be mad as hell, if I was on their team, and they had mucked up service big time in this task....Uel said it was their best dish they had done - Helena&Vikki's 'nut custard' looked the best - Paul&Blair's 'skippy', never looked better....all to no avail, because of the service.

Bree&Jessica - should go straight to sudden death.>:(

Except that by Series 5 everyone has got to know that they'll have all sorts of things thrown at them that they've never done before. And while it's easy to sit and judge from the comfort of our living rooms, and no-one can know how they're going to react in a particular situation, and I'm not one for 'envisioning' or 'thinking positive thoughts', if you go into something like the food truck service not wanting to do it and sure that you can't, you're pretty much bound to fail at it. And in this case, take other people down with you.

I agree if there's any justice they'll be in sudden death but justice doesn't figure in this sort of competition. Like MasterChef, the best cooks don't necessarily make it to the end.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that's what the Come Back Kitchen was supposed to address - the only problem is that the early leavers do tend to be the ones you think will struggle anyway. Bree and Jessica, up till last night, really seemed to be front runners - even Chloe and Kelly said they were among the best!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    I guess that's what the Come Back Kitchen was supposed to address - the only problem is that the early leavers do tend to be the ones you think will struggle anyway. Bree and Jessica, up till last night, really seemed to be front runners - even Chloe and Kelly said they were among the best!

Tthey did look like contenders, didn't they, but it's the nature of this sort of competition that pressure is as big a factor as cooking. If you can't stand the heat, get out if the cooking competition.

I'm never sure with MKR how much most of the teams want to be involved in the industry, rather than wanting to be on the telly, unlike the MasterChef franchise, where the majority do seem to want to make a change in their lives. If they do, then if they're good and just make a mess of sudden death, say, they've probably met enough chefs to get a foot in the door, I would have thought.

I hope this is the last jury judged cook. Everyone is going to be able to recognise each other's cooking by the time the numbers have shrunk much further, surely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jess is seriously getting on my nerves now. I wonder if those two are still friends. (Not Googlng to find out!)

Although I'm assuming there's misdirection going on fairly blatantly here.