Options

Rocket League

Comments

• Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    mojobrew wrote: »
    I think the only one which is a long way off is the Collector one - how many games did it take? I don't even have the 50 items trophy yet. Got pretty much all the rest though, just the collection ones, the 500km (might boost that one tonight) and play online against a friend one (easy enough).

Never got a Platinum before, this one will be miiiinneneeene

I'm not sure. I had played a few full 36 game seasons (4 maybe), a dozen or so exhibition games & the rest online. I've played 182 games in total so maybe it was around the 160-170 mark.

I was at hospital first thing on Monday for medication & when I got home around 9:30am, I literally played the game non stop until around 7pm and got the trophy after the next game I played later that night. That's the first time I've marathon played a game for years!!! Had a really sore head yesterday after it though :(
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    mojobrew wrote: »
    I think the only one which is a long way off is the Collector one - how many games did it take? I don't even have the 50 items trophy yet. Got pretty much all the rest though, just the collection ones, the 500km (might boost that one tonight) and play online against a friend one (easy enough).

Never got a Platinum before, this one will be miiiinneneeene

165 games for the stocked trophy. Extras>Stats tells you how many you've done. I've done 70 matches so far. Got the far far away trophy at last, it popped at 88km for me. Having a lot of fun online, although my gold/black 'away kit' seems to be confusing my orange teammates at times. :D
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    165 games for the stocked trophy. Extras>Stats tells you how many you've done. I've done 70 matches so far. Got the far far away trophy at last, it popped at 88km for me. Having a lot of fun online, although my gold/black 'away kit' seems to be confusing my orange teammates at times. :D

I see a pattern emerging. Trying to blind us with your car design in Driveclub and confuse everyone in this :p
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »
    I see a pattern emerging. Trying to blind us with your car design in Driveclub and confuse everyone in this :p

Spot on.

We're onto her. It wont be long until her reign of terror comes to an end.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm up to 38 games. Fair way still to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's so much better when you're on a team with a dedicated goalie. Had a great session online with randoms last night, keep an eye out for XAngelicTerrorX or at least their name is something like that, virtually unstoppable in goal, I'm just glad I was constantly rematched onto their team!

They say pride comes before a fall, I thought I was the bees knees during one match, getting the playmaker award for 3 assists, and scoring 2 goals, including a bicycle kick - the very next match, I may as well have not been there for all the use I was. :D All part of the fun though, got 30 games to go until the plat and it's not been a chore at all, definitely be playing this for ages to come yet.
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I just need the 500km trophy for the plat. The devs have already said you can get it through online play, it just doesn't show in the stats. I certainly won't resort to driving around in circles for it like some of you lot have :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's so much better when you're on a team with a dedicated goalie..

Oh a dedicated goalie is brilliant. I like to take that role :)

Are the servers decent yet ? Anyone up for some online fun tonight ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Oh a dedicated goalie is brilliant. I like to take that role :)

Are the servers decent yet ? Anyone up for some online fun tonight ?

I'm better at being in the right place at the right time for fluke goals than I am defending, 9 times out of ten it only leads to disaster when I'm the only one chasing back.

The servers have been fine for me the past couple of days. There's nowt on telly so I'm pretty much on for the night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm better at being in the right place at the right time for fluke goals than I am defending, 9 times out of ten it only leads to disaster when I'm the only one chasing back.

The servers have been fine for me the past couple of days. There's nowt on telly so I'm pretty much on for the night.

Awesome. If I see you on I'll send an invite your way. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awesome. If I see you on I'll send an invite your way. :)

Figured out why I couldn't join your party - https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3dezns/party_size_ps4/
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out double jumping the way you are facing is as good as a boost. Makes coming back to defend far more easier.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the etiquette, would it be okay to join a match with someone on your friends list?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just found out double jumping the way you are facing is as good as a boost. Makes coming back to defend far more easier.

That and meeting the ball side on to do a trick shot flick left or right are my favourite shots.
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I switched exclusively to ball-cam over the past few days and it seems to have improved my game by quite a bit. I've been scoring a lot more goals and racking up those MVP awards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good games there Lisa.

Its crazy how I can be great one game, and beyond useless the next.

But a keeper between the posts full time is definitely the way to go. So many soft goals go in when theres noone minding the posts. Although for about an hour the other teams were making it their missions to take me out .... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good games there Lisa.

Its crazy how I can be great one game, and beyond useless the next.

But a keeper between the posts full time is definitely the way to go. So many soft goals go in when theres noone minding the posts. Although for about an hour the other teams were making it their missions to take me out .... :(

I've got sore thumbs now! :D

Yeah I saw that anithero someone seemed to take a shine to you...
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Just back from holiday yesterday so will download this later and give it a go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good games there guys.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good games there guys.

Yeah, good fun. A couple of close ones ( and a couple of stuffings ).

MarvelHero-8 is my son btw. ( and yes, he did score better than us in a couple of games! )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ian_Troon wrote: »
    Just back from holiday yesterday so will download this later and give it a go!

Warn you now, it's more addictive than crack! I went back onto Driveclub this afternoon and was confused as to why I wasn't getting a speed boost pressing circle. :blush::D
    claymore74 wrote: »

MarvelHero-8 is my son btw. ( and yes, he did score better than us in a couple of games! )

It says a lot that in some games the opposition were putting 2 in goal at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »

Ah cool. What age is he ?

It says a lot that in some games the opposition were putting 2 in goal at times.

Hose games at the end were a nightmare. We fell apart. Couldn't score, couldn't save :(
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warn you now, it's more addictive than crack! I went back onto Driveclub this afternoon and was confused as to why I wasn't getting a speed boost pressing circle. :blush::D

Quick everyone, let's get a DC challenge going before she remembers how to play ! :D
    Ah cool. What age is he ?

7 ( and he manages to beat me way more often than I'd like to admit! )
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(
    Cant believe I wasnt included in these games
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :(
    Cant believe I wasnt included in these games

Do you be online ??? That would help.