How dare the Royal Family complain that Prince George is being photographed too much?

Comments

• Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    If they are out in public, it's perfectly reasonable for them to be photographed. They shouldn't be covertly photographed.

Oh great how somebody is bringing Katie in to it all.
    Forum Member
    RubyNyx wrote: »
    You might as well turn from your device, face the wall, and talk to that when it comes to Royal adorers.

Wills can campaign to save whatever animal suits him from the threat of hunters/poachers, his worshippers quite easily forget that he's fond of a bit of the old blood sports himself.

When Kate had little Georges nursery painted, then decided once he was born she didn't like the colour, so spent a further million or whatever on repainting it - it didn't even enter the heads of those who adore them, that they perhaps know, or live near children who don't even have their own bedroom, or maybe won't even have eaten that night.

Old Lizard pays someone to run a tap for her bath, or should I say WE, pay for someone to run a tap for her bath.

When there are those of us who can't even pay the gas/electricity bill for hot water to run a bath.

Crazy don't you think?

it's hard to know whats worse that it happens or the people who don't think it's wrong.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    He is a helicopter pilot because he is good enough, it does not matter who you are the Army and RAF do not train you to fly if you are not up to it and a medical service does not allow you to fly if you are only there because of who you are. Plenty of ordinary people are pilots who you are does not outrank your ability to do the job in those areas.

If we are going to go the stolen and pillaged route then most of us live on land sold to developers by councils, lands they will have got from large estates sold to them by people whose ancestors took it, should we all look for the rightful owners from hundreds of years ago and move out ?

He nearly lost his wings because he wasn't flying enough when he lived in Wales. He may be good at flying but he is also lazy with it and took the job from someone who would most likely have put all the effort they could in to keep their wings. And another thing when he was training he abused his position by flying his helicopter and landing it in a field outside the Middleton's home to show off and impress his girlfriend something Joe Public wouldn't be allowed to do.

Also was it him or Harry who rang one of their protection officers or Secretary (or something) whilst studying at Sandhurst and asked them for help because they couldn't do some of the work. It all came out during the phone hacking scandal.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    He nearly lost his wings because he wasn't flying enough when he lived in Wales. He may be good at flying but he is also lazy with it and took the job from someone who would most likely have put all the effort they could in to keep their wings. And another thing when he was training he abused his position by flying his helicopter and landing it in a field outside the Middleton's home to show off and impress his girlfriend something Joe Public wouldn't be allowed to do.

Also was it him or Harry who rang one of their protection officers or Secretary (or something) whilst studying at Sandhurst and asked them for help because they couldn't do some of the work. It all came out during the phone hacking scandal.
    I wouldnt give phone hacking the time of day, its low and underhand.. William asked permission to land the helicopter on the Middletons land from them and the police, he never got out the helicopter and it lasted only seconds before he took off again..wo secs to be precise..
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member

Also was it him or Harry who rang one of their protection officers or Secretary (or something) whilst studying at Sandhurst and asked them for help because they couldn't do some of the work. It all came out during the phone hacking scandal

So, he 'phoned a friend instead of using Google. Off with his head!!!!
    calamity wrote: »
    I wouldnt give phone hacking the time of day, its low and underhand.. William asked permission to land the helicopter on the Middletons land from them and the police, he never got out the helicopter and it lasted only seconds before he took off again..wo secs to be precise..

Now come on, calamity, don't spoil a good tale with the truth!!! ;-)
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she did, but William had to fall in love with her. What if he hadn't fancied Catherine?

I bet she wasn't the only pretty girl who applied to St Andrews when it was known that William was going to be studying there!! ;-) Where are all these pretty girls now?

Tis said that his father was the same .... That he never fancied Diana. ;-) He soon started carrying on behind her back. She was just a baby making machine. Poor girl.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    But her money came from her massive divorce settlement, which came from her ex, who wouldn't have had it if he wasn't the heir to the throne.

You might as well say anyone who gets a high divorce settlement would not have it if their partner did not own a company or have a good job.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

What has that got to do with anything? Is it really so shocking? My daughter was never off the phone to me when she was at Uni - I practically did her degree for her. My son also regularly rang to talk over aspects of various assignments. I'm not sure why people that ^^ so odd. We learn by asking and listening to others don't we?
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My daughter often rang me or my husband with queries about her college work . It wasnt like his secretary did his exams for him ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Re the asking for help, Harry asked for some help with an essay he had to write, please tell me you have never asked for help with any part of your homework or study ???? if you haven't then you are probably the only person in the country, far from not being able to hack it he asked for some information on the Iranian Embassy siege he said he had most of what he needed but asked if the officer had any extra bits he could pass on.

William and his wings and allegedly nearly losing them ??? Now rather than tabloid crap lets look at the facts, he was asked to take on more Royal duties he and his senior officers were then tasked with looking at a way he may be able to do both so he could keep up his required flying time , not that he did not fly enough when there and would lose his wings at all.

Re landing the helicopter at the Middletons, it was as has been said authorised , he was training in that area and take off and landing is part of that training so he was given permission, it was admitted by senior RAF officials later maybe they should not have given permission as it was taken out of all context by the press and they should have foreseen that would happen.

Basically its a case of pick ta him because of who he is rather than what he does
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's hard to know whats worse that it happens or the people who don't think it's wrong.

Quite.

It's also hard to distinguish whether or not people are genuinely in awe, and truly oblivious, in denial, or just stupid.
    You might as well say anyone who gets a high divorce settlement would not have it if their partner did not own a company or have a good job.

The difference being, we're not funding anybody else.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Basically its a case of pick ta him because of who he is rather than what he does

Well, he does bugger all so that leaves no option.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member

I'm no royalist but that's obviously untrue.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    During the Falklands there were more resources protecting Prince Andrew than there were protecting the Falklands

I've seen plenty of royalty bashing but that is the most ridiculous example ever.

And that one is close on it's heels
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen plenty of royalty bashing but that is the most ridiculous example ever.

Same could be said of William. He has a driver to take him to "work" on his helicopter along with security men who are on duty the whole time. What the heck does that cost?
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually....they're more scared, according to the statement, of some stupid fecker getting plugged by the Royal Protection Squad officers when seen peeking out of a car boot...

Couldn't happen to a nicer lot, frankly.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Same could be said of William. He has a driver to take him to "work" on his helicopter along with security men who are on duty the whole time. What the heck does that cost?
    You're seriously not comparing that with Andrew and the navy task force we sent to the Falklands?
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He actually drives himself to work here in the sticks, his protection officer is in the passenger seat
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Incorrect again , as has been said he drives himself and he does not have a protection officer when on duty, to and from work yes but not during and if we did not have so many nutters about then maybe he wouldn't need protection, and for those that will then say give up the job, if he did he would still need protection as ex PM's have as well.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might as well turn from your device, face the wall, and talk to that when it comes to Royal adorers.

Wills can campaign to save whatever animal suits him from the threat of hunters/poachers, his worshippers quite easily forget that he's fond of a bit of the old blood sports himself.

When Kate had little Georges nursery painted, then decided once he was born she didn't like the colour, so spent a further million or whatever on repainting it - it didn't even enter the heads of those who adore them, that they perhaps know, or live near children who don't even have their own bedroom, or maybe won't even have eaten that night.

Old Lizard pays someone to run a tap for her bath, or should I say WE, pay for someone to run a tap for her bath.

When there are those of us who can't even pay the gas/electricity bill for hot water to run a bath.

Crazy don't you think?

Absolutely. It's the modern-day equivalent of bread and circuses imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Crazy don't you think?

Right so lets sort out a bit of fact from fiction, Kensington Place in its entirety including public areas had to be revamped to comply with current laws it was decades since it was done and the wiring and plumbing were out of date and illegal as well as the pace being full of asbestos. Internal decoration for their family rooms was paid for by them. The £1 million was the cost of replacing the roof , tiling and leading, the boilers, plumbing and wiring and for large amounts of asbestos removal , not the cost of repainting the nursery.

William pays a rent decided upon by a commercial estate agent which is paid over to the Treasury as do other royal residents .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    If you want to have a dig at Monarchy they at least do so with facts rather than just ill informed disinformation , to me when people resort to insults and name calling as has been happening on this thread and made up information they really have lost their battle before they start

Nothing made up about it...this has been documented a few times.
    I don't do name calling either, cause Im an adult
    So....:p
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Tis said that his father was the same .... That he never fancied Diana. ;-) He soon started carrying on behind her back. She was just a baby making machine. Poor girl.

Interesting point, Hotgossip, but remember Charles had to marry a virgin by tradition. Now, things are very different and William and Catherine lived together for a while.

Apparently, Charles and Diana had met only about a dozen times before their wedding.

You're right about her being a baby machine-once she'd produced the heir and a spare, she was no longer useful but refused to 'go quietly' and allow Charles to have a mistress. Again, you're right-poor girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

I don't really do bashing of anyone cause I really don't care enough about people Ive not met, althought I did meet the Queen and she was lovely
    Go do some research, theres wads of it, or even better go ask a veteran
    Forum Member
    Quite.

It's also hard to distinguish whether or not people are genuinely in awe, and truly oblivious, in denial, or just stupid.

The difference being, we're not funding anybody else.

People are deluded in this country it's a conclusion I've had to come to. For quite a while I used to think that they just got on the bandwagon, there was something in it for them or they didn't want to rock the boat.

Over time though it has become more clear that the psychological manipulation of the ruling classes is complete. The majourity of people lack the cognitive ability to consider and compare their position in the system

It is a depressing conclusion to come to but the positive is that you realise it's not their fault. They suffer from a maliciously and premeditated inflicted mental disablement.