Options

Caitlyn Jenner

13»

Comments

• Options
    BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    wblastyn wrote: »
    Some of you are so ignorant I'm surprised you remember how to breathe. I seriously doubt someone would transition just for some attention. If someone transitioned from male to female, and they weren't truly trans, they would experience gender dysphoria, which is debilitating. Do you think the NHS would fund something like this if it was just about vanity/attention.

Of course she can be tried for something Bruce did, they're the same person.

Yeah. Sadly it's something that isn't confined to this site and the suggestions that anybody would transition if they weren't actually transgender are ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Caitlyn has used the name Bruce on an application form to a golf club so that getting in and handling the locker room situation is easier and I'm not sure what to make of it.

If transgender people are one minute a woman and the next a man, how are the rest of us supposed to know how to handle the whole thing? Very confusing.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caitlyn has used the name Bruce on an application form to a golf club so that getting in and handling the locker room situation is easier and I'm not sure what to make of it.

If transgender people are one minute a woman and the next a man, how are the rest of us supposed to know how to handle the whole thing? Very confusing.

Perhaps she put that name because legally she is still called Bruce. Just the same as married people putting their maiden name if they haven't legally changed their name over, they aren't going back to being unmarried they are simply using their legal name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    Perhaps she put that name because legally she is still called Bruce. Just the same as married people putting their maiden name if they haven't legally changed their name over, they aren't going back to being unmarried they are simply using their legal name.

This is a good explanation, thanks.
  • Options
    PaulJoseph22PaulJoseph22 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how she wants to help all these people but what about the victims of the car accident?
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte wrote: »

Are you serious ? Its very easy to legally change your name in America as it is here, you just fill out a few forms, and its job done. Why has he not done this? They have had ample time to do it. If he was serious about it why not change his name ? As it stands, he is still a man called Bruce.
  • Options
    user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I used to like him for his quiet character and respect him for his incredible sport achievements but at the end of the day he turned out to be worse than his Kar-trash-ian relatives. He seems to think that being a woman is all about dresses, makeup and hair (extensions). As a woman I find him an insult to my gender and to all the transgenders who went to hell and back to be accepted. Why aren't those voices heard? Bruce did all that to be on a stupid reality... and to be honest with you, I am waiting for the moment he says "Sorry, I made a mistake!" and ditches his feminine "phase". I reckon that he is only damaging the LGBT community as Bruce is doing nothing to help them: he simply does not have the brains to speak up for them. His new mission is to buy plenty of frocks and makeup and parade himself in front of the cameras. How pathetic is that? Vanity really is a beast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    user986 wrote: »
    to be honest with you, I am waiting for the moment he says "Sorry, I made a mistake!" and ditches his feminine "phase".

I am increasingly feeling the same way. There is something very phony to me about Bruce/Caitlyn's "journey" at this point.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am increasingly feeling the same way. There is something very phony to me about Bruce/Caitlyn's "journey" at this point.

I hope I'm wrong, and I will get some flack for this, but I totally agree. It's as if Bruce saw all the attention his family were getting and decided I want a piece of that, and I don't care how I get it.

The fact she is working towards equality and acceptance for transgenders, yet is against gay marriage? Just another way to get media attention in my opinion.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

I agree too, as there was other thread about Bruce became Caitlyn, I was try said that was some PR stunt from the family as their viewings went down.

yep I am daft to think that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's as if Bruce saw all the attention his family were getting and decided I want a piece of that, and I don't care how I get it.

To me it's not even that...there is just something really "off" to me about the whole thing. At first I wouldn't have had any doubt he/she was genuine and was impressed and touched by the coming out Vanity Fair spread, but as time goes on something doesn't ring true.

We will see, I guess.