Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours of Steve Allen's demise look once again to have been greatly exaggerated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Fanny Allen obsessed with death? He drones on and on abut it.
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours of Steve Allen's demise look once again to have been greatly exaggerated.

Poor, poor old Steve. How much longer can this silliness continue? He's the laughing stock (and not in a good way).
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not listed on the schedule yet but the Best of Steve Allen has replaced Ferrari's Review of the Week on Saturdays. LBC must think Steve is going to pull in more listeners.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    The best of Steve Allen?

What will fill the other 59 minutes of the hour?
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,751
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    I'm guessing that's true. Does make me wonder why he doesn't make better preparation instead of wandering from subject to subject unchecked. Don't think it's right for him to 'blame' his diabetes: surely if you have diabetes you would be the opposite of forgetful? Things turn really unpleasant for diabetics if they forget to take their meds.

I have been Type 2 diabetic for 8 years and I hate the way he uses it as an excuse for his behaviour. I've not experienced half the problems that he attributes to diabetes. Assuming he is telling the truth one might think he would be more careful about managing his diet but he is always talking about eating things that I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near. He is either an idiot or a liar (or both).
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5am is a dead slot and its used with the cheapest possible filler.
    simples
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best of Steve Allen?

Two hours! :o
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During the 15 minutes that I listened to Steve Allen this morning he gave away not one, but two spoilers, one for Strictly and one for the X Factor. Hardly earth shattering items of news but fans of both shows will be disappointed. People do know that this information is out there and if they want to they can find it out, it's easily done. Does this give Steve some kind of illusions of power? I cannot think of another reason why he should do this:confused:
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    The best of Steve Allen?

I quite like listening to Steve Allen....is there something wrong with me :confused:
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Jesus wept! J O'B in full hand-wringing, bleeding-heart mode this morning. Listening to him sighing and using his hushed confidential tone is enough to give the most sensitive person compassion fatigue. He's probably hoping to get calls slagging off the PM as a hardhearted b****** but if the callers to Ferrari are typical, he might be disappointed.

Morning all. :)

And.....an hysterical Iain Dale was at it too later in his Drive Slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    I quite like listening to Steve Allen....is there something wrong with me :confused:

Erm.... :D No, there are all levels of enjoyment in listening to Steve. Some of us revel in the sheer awfulness! :blush:
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Is Fanny Allen obsessed with death? He drones on and on abut it.

He has a very unhealthy obsession with death and the means of obtaining that status. He has always had this obsession with all things cruel, nasty and unsavoury. He revels in it.
  • Options
    Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    The pace of Nick Ferrari at Breakfast seemed a bit off this morning. I listened to the programme for an hour between 8am and 9am, and normally Ferrari would cover three or four stories in that time. However, this morning he spent most of the hour talking to callers about the migrant crisis, presumably because Nigel Farrage's phone-in was coming up later in the programme, but it got rather tiresome because the callers were making similar points to each other and even Nick didn't seem particularly engaged in the discussion.

They did talk about gender bias in toys for five minutes during the hour but after Nick had spoken to the head of a toy company he didn't take any more calls on the subject, instead moving swiftly back to the migrant crisis.

I know that having one topic of discussion works for some LBC hosts but it doesn't work for Ferrari unless it is a really big breaking news story- today his show felt a bit static.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron can't win with J O'B. Yesterday he was the devil incarnate for not accepting refugees. Today he's weak and manipulative for changing his mind.

I wonder if James brought a can of Glade with him, to sweeten the air in the studio after Farage's visit.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Cameron can't win with J O'B. Yesterday he was the devil incarnate for not accepting refugees. Today he's weak and manipulative for changing his mind.
    Cameron can win, he should have said that we would accept refugees in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Beresford ‏@LucyBeresford 46m46 minutes ago

V excited to say that I'm joining the wonderful team @LBC. Catch me from TOMORROW, 8-10pm Saturdays, for my sex/relationships phone-in x
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    "Even the Germans were looking down on us" said James.

Even the Germans? What could he possibly mean I wonder?
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Lucy Beresford ‏@LucyBeresford 46m46 minutes ago

V excited to say that I'm joining the wonderful team @LBC. Catch me from TOMORROW, 8-10pm Saturdays, for my sex/relationships phone-in x
    I thought this was a joke at first so I went and had a look on twitter! :o

https://twitter.com/LucyBeresford/status/639719731080101888
  • Options
    karen tracekaren trace Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    " If you don't like thinking then don't phone the show". I cannot believe the prat said that.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »

No, not at all. :)

But there is something wrong with him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    "Even the Germans were looking down on us" said James.

Even the Germans? What could he possibly mean I wonder?

I think that's what he would call casual racism!
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    I think that's what he would call casual racism!

I think so too.

Rancid!
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron can win, he should have said that we would accept refugees in the first place.

Bit of a Gobber non story - people change their mind .Germany really had no choice - thanks to the disaster that is Schengen .UK was already one of the biggest aid donors to Syrian refugee camps .
This discussion has been closed.