The Nolan's and their silly feuds

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Bandita wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/coleen-nolan-reveals-could-affair-3221665 more meaningless sh!te from Coleen, why does anybody need to know this absolute rubbish? I would be embarrassed if she was a relative of mine.

what a load of old guff, this bit made me laugh
    “But the situation was starting to stir up uncomfortable feelings from my time with Shane, feelings I thought I’d buried a long time ago.”

LOL buried a long time ago, she's harped on about it for years at any given opportunity.
    That Ray sounds a right piece, fancy being jealous of her sons for apparently making it in the music biz, what a tool.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon she has to keep these autobiographies coming as by the sounds of it, she's living way beyond her means and talent. If I were a bloke, I'd definitely cheat on her. But that's assuming I was silly (or desperate!) enough to get with someone who wears their ignorance like a badge of honour in the first place...
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    what a load of old guff, this bit made me laugh
    “But the situation was starting to stir up uncomfortable feelings from my time with Shane, feelings I thought I’d buried a long time ago.”

LOL buried a long time ago, she's harped on about it for years at any given opportunity.
    That Ray sounds a right piece, fancy being jealous of her sons for apparently making it in the music biz, what a tool.

Then didn't she say in her last biography that she had had an affair first, might be wrong but sure I heard it that way after making a living off Shanes bad behaviour.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member
    Christ, she going to be on This Morning any minute now! :o
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ, she going to be on This Morning any minute now! :o

Couldn't watch....was it really bad?
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This seems an effective way of keeping your family in the spotlight.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Couldn't watch....was it really bad?

Yes, still spouting the same old rubbish, she said that she can now be in the same room as sister Denise and be civil.

How very mature of her! ;-)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are her two sons and in what way are they successful in showbusiness :confused:

Never heard of them!

One son (Jake Roche) is an actor and has appeared in Emmerdale I believe
    The other son (Shane Jr) is in a band but I don't know it's name
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, still spouting the same old rubbish, she said that she can now be in the same room as sister Denise and be civil.

How very mature of her! ;-)

Sad, just sad. I know hurt can run deep in families and that things that might seem petty to the rest of us can be triggers for much deeper-rooted stuff but, despite knowing that a lot of people thought the Nolans naff even back in their day, they were still highly successful (the Japanese adored them). Each had their own range of abilities (not to mention their two brothers who are also talented musicians) and should be proud of what they have achieved for themselves and each other. Still, not knowing the whole story and all its complexities I guess I'm not in a position to judge.

It's a shame they can't come together as a whole family and be proud of the adversities they have overcome. I'm sure that, deep down, they do still love each other deeply but sometimes life gets in the way.

I've never met them personally, despite seeing some of them in Panto but have always had an affection for them. My late dad used to book them when they were a young group doing the working mens' clubs, before they got onto telly (I was either not born or a tot). I know it was eons ago but he spoke very highly of them. Little Bernie took a liking to him and once climbed on his knee for a hug, when they were not on stage (I'd always thought it was Coleen but my mum swears it was Bernie). We also used to go to Blackpool a lot and their mum used to attend the church we went to, when we holidayed there. Once, during Mass, a beautiful solo soprano struck up for one of the hymns. My dad whispered to me "You know who that is? It's the Nolan sisters' mum!" An ex- teacher of mine was at school with some of them, near Poulton-le-Fylde and said they were typical teenagers.- into boys and being a bit rebellious (was a strict Catholic girls' school). I know there have been certain family revelations that must have been very difficult and painful for then to deal with but am not sure the best way to address them is in in the 'showbiz' eye, where every salacious little detail will be milked for our titillation. For that reason, I've not read any of the autobiographies or serialisations though would be open to reading Bernie's because her story was inspirational.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened to Linda being interviewed on BBC Radio Ulster here this morning and she was asked about Maureen claiming the father had sexually abused her. The radio host got a very curt 'That's her story, not mine, you'll have to talk to her about it' in reply. The host tried a different approach and she replied again 'I said that's her story, not mine, so can we leave it?'.

It's obviously a very sore topic between them.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened to Linda being interviewed on BBC Radio Ulster here this morning and she was asked about Maureen claiming the father had sexually abused her. The radio host got a very curt 'That's her story, not mine, you'll have to talk to her about it' in reply. The host tried a different approach and she replied again 'I said that's her story, not mine, so can we leave it?'.

It's obviously a very sore topic between them.

Linda really showed just how nasty she could be on CBB. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't Maureen. It was Anne, the eldest. Maybe Linda didn't want to comment on something that was her sister's story. It didn't happen to Linda and she didn't witness it at the time.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Why why why do these people think that WE the general public have one iota of fascination with why they are not talking to each other. I could not care less who is talking to who in the Nolan family, how long they have not been talking, why they are not talking or when they will ever talk to each other again.

Imagine sitting minding your own business on a park bench and a stranger walks up to you and starts offloading their entire family history to you. Wouldn't you look at this person baffled and ask… why are you telling me this…. I don't even know you !!!!!

This is the same only with extra cheek….. this one expects us all to PAY for hearing the whole story in her BOOK !!!!

Bore off….you nonentity !!

There's enough 'fascination' that a thread like this gets onto a third page pretty quickly.

And no, it's not the same as a stranger walking up and unloading family history, except wanting you to pay.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many Nolan sisters are there?
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member
    It wasn't Maureen. It was Anne, the eldest. Maybe Linda didn't want to comment on something that was her sister's story. It didn't happen to Linda and she didn't witness it at the time.

Yes, Anne, surely. I was going to say the same thing about her reaction to the interviewer, completely justified and nothing nasty about it.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member

6? I mean the 6 singing ones that I know of.

(Not 100% sure of age order) Denise, Anne, Linda, Maureen, Bernie (sadly passed), Colleen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There were 6, until Bernie died.
    In birth order,
    Anne
    Denise
    Maureen
    Linda
    Bernie
    Coleen

There are also two brothers, Tommy and Brian.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Very insensitive of the radio presenter to ask her about something that must be deeply upsetting. Without prior warning that she was going to be asked about it, I can understand her being very short with him, even more so when it's regarding another family member & not Linda herself.
    For him to return to the subject when he quite clearly knew it wasn't up for discussion was bang out of order. From reading how she responded, I'd say she showed remarkable restraint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very insensitive of the radio presenter to ask her about something that must be deeply upsetting. Without prior warning that she was going to be asked about it, I can understand her being very short with him, even more so when it's regarding another family member & not Linda herself.
    For him to return to the subject when he quite clearly knew it wasn't up for discussion was bang out of order. From reading how she responded, I'd say she showed remarkable restraint.

Bloody well said!

Anne has revealed what she wanted to about what happened. What more is there to add and how was it relevant to Linda's interview, in particular?
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody well said!

Anne has revealed what she wanted to about what happened. What more is there to add and how was it relevant to Linda's interview, in particular?

Apologies for misquoting Maureen instead of Anne :blush:

The interviewer (Stephen Nolan) was referring to the difficulties that all the sisters had dealt with over recent years - the rifts, loss of husbands, Bernie's cancer - which Linda spoke about with no problem, only when he mentioned Anne's revelations did the mood suddenly change.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    Then didn't she say in her last biography that she had had an affair first, might be wrong but sure I heard it that way after making a living off Shanes bad behaviour.

Yes she did - exactly what I thought when she said that.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Bloody well said!

Anne has revealed what she wanted to about what happened. What more is there to add and how was it relevant to Linda's interview, in particular

Well precisely, a subject such as this should be left to whoever was concerned to reveal details about, if they choose to do so, not a family member who was in no way involved.

The interviewer (Stephen Nolan) was referring to the difficulties that all the sisters had dealt with over recent years - the rifts, loss of husbands, Bernie's cancer - which Linda spoke about with no problem, only when he mentioned Anne's revelations did the mood suddenly change.

I think the family have all been very open about Bernie's battle with cancer, which is why, I presume, Linda had no problem discussing it.
    However Anne's revelations are quite rightly, not something Linda felt comfortable about discussing & the interviewer should have respected that.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,981
    Forum Member

There is of course a difference between being asked about having fights with your sisters, the death of your husband and sister, which have all been spoken about previously, and being asked about your sister being sexually abused by your dad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think there is some difference, Susie, although thanks for putting the interviewer's question in context (you heard it, I didn't). Bernie was well loved and made her breast cancer very public, so to raise awareness. In fairness to your comments, yep, Anne chose to document what happened to her in her book and because it is in the public domain, now, maybe the interviewer felt justified in asking about it. However, maybe Linda is still getting her own head around what her father allegedly did to her sister and just can't discuss it publicly. Alleged incest and the experience of cancer go down different roads. I agree that Linda can be a tetchy one with a bit of a 'battle' mentality. In other words, the hackles go up easily when she's on the defensive. We did see that in CBB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giving these clowns airtime on big bruvva or Loose Women gives these women the power to air their dirty laundry in public whilst selling their latest perfume or in Colleens case, her latest keep fit video.
    You're gonna get trailer trash families feuding left, right & centre.
    I'm this, I'm that, she done this, she done that, it's playground stuff for uneducated bimbo's.
    It's just like going down the pub in the past, now we can watch it on tv.
    There's a lot of channels & magazines to fill & these ladies want their bank balances filled up in return.
    Spill the beans Colleen & we'll give you a wad of cash . .
    It's modern day whoring . .