Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• koshernostrakoshernostra Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    It did not help that they treated the court as as a joke. Van houten and krenwinkel will die in jail.

Oh FFS as that all you can say? It's exactly the point I made in my post.

20 yrs ago I spat at a cop in a court room. Do you think I would be stupid enough to do the same thing today?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twice I meet him. Once at party and once on a video shoot, both in Los Angeles.

And......was he really nice/friendly/chatty?

I'm a huge fan of his and he always comes across as a really humble normal guy...
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh FFS as that all you can say? It's exactly the point I made in my post.

20 yrs ago I spat at a cop in a court room. Do you think I would be stupid enough to do the same thing today?

I agree with you. These murders were committed by weak, damaged individuals under the influence of an evil man. The murders were atrocious and it was absolutely right that those involved spent a very long time in prison. But it's perfectly possible for those involved to have changed in over forty years. Whether they have, or whether it's a show to get parole, I can't say, but someone like you who has spent time incarcerated with them is likely to be in as good a position as anyone to judge.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've contributed to this thread/similar threads in the past but I'll add a few more I may or may not have mentioned:

Nice:

Ieuan Evans - A rugby legend who is down to earth and genuine in real life.
    Phil Bennett - Ditto.
    Huw Edwards - I know he's not universally liked but he was absolutely great with me. I suspect his critics are production staff who are poor at their jobs.

Not so nice:

Aled Jones - I work in the media and have never heard anyone who has worked with him say a good word about him.
    Tommy Boyd - the former TV presenter, NOT the Scottish footballer. A horrible little man who is not short of enemies.
    Alan Mullally - the former England cricketer is a big-headed prat.
    Owen Money - A well-known broadcaster in Wales. Horrible bloke.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aled Jones is a pisshead.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    I've contributed to this thread/similar threads in the past but I'll add a few more I may or may not have mentioned:

Nice:

Ieuan Evans - A rugby legend who is down to earth and genuine in real life.
    Phil Bennett - Ditto.
    Huw Edwards - I know he's not universally liked but he was absolutely great with me. I suspect his critics are production staff who are poor at their jobs.

Not so nice:

Aled Jones - I work in the media and have never heard anyone who has worked with him say a good word about him.
    Tommy Boyd - the former TV presenter, NOT the Scottish footballer. A horrible little man who is not short of enemies.
    Alan Mullally - the former England cricketer is a big-headed prat.
    Owen Money - A well-known broadcaster in Wales. Horrible bloke.

i went to the same school as his son, matthew i think his name was/is. he was quite slow to be honest and the last time i saw him he was working at a carwash in briton ferry.:eek:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not so nice:

Really? I've heard rumours before. What's the issue with him, then? What do people say? His on-screen persona seems quite friendly.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Really? I've heard rumours before. What's the issue with him, then? What do people say? His on-screen persona seems quite friendly.

He is very rude and demanding to the people he works with. He lacks basic good manners and respect. Most people who have had dealings with him would agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig DoyleI ( Tv Presenter ) a complete ****wit really ignorant and wanted to be seen talking to the right people and had very little time for me.
    Nick Kennedy the London Irish player total knob jockey, very ignorant and expected everyone to fall at his feet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    I met Patrick Stewart and he was a miserable turd, and incredibly short. A friend and I waited for him outside a theatre after a performance and there was a weird superfan waiting for him too, with a special diary of all her encounters with him. When he spoke to her, she told him that his scottish accent had sounded northern, it was a very tense moment. He looked flumoxed and I tried to change the subject by asking him who is favourite x-man was (much to the extreme mirth of my friend) and he stalked off.
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    Aled Jones is a pisshead.

Hasn't he been chosen as the new co-presenter of ITV's Daybreak?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    ive heard that elaine c smith is a right bitch
    Have to disagree, we met her several times as kids after her pantos in Glasgow and she was lovely every time, chatted for ages and seemed really genuine, posed for photos, signed programmes.

The late Gerard Kelly who also did the Glasgow pantos was the same, really nice guy.

Great thread tho, have enjoyed reading over the years!

Apart from that, have also briefly met Dave Grohl who was every bit as nice as they make out and Lemmy who was polite and a real gentleman.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike1948 wrote: »

I don't suppose they'll care what his off-screen personality is like, just so long as he gets the job done.
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I would take the opinions of people on this thread with a pinch of salt. While some might have met celebrities, their opinions could be based on less than a minute with the celebrity or could be based on a dislike they have anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    happy tv wrote: »
    To be honest, I would take the opinions of people on this thread with a pinch of salt. While some might have met celebrities, their opinions could be based on less than a minute with the celebrity or could be based on a dislike they have anyway.
    Isn't that the point though?
    I don't think this thread is intended to analyse a person's entire personality but just reflect how they are towards their fans/people who meet them - these instances usually lasting only a few minutes anyway.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou-kate wrote: »
    I met Patrick Stewart and he was a miserable turd, and incredibly short. A friend and I waited for him outside a theatre after a performance and there was a weird superfan waiting for him too, with a special diary of all her encounters with him. When he spoke to her, she told him that his scottish accent had sounded northern, it was a very tense moment. He looked flumoxed and I tried to change the subject by asking him who is favourite x-man was (much to the extreme mirth of my friend) and he stalked off.[/QUOTE

Seems as if you had some bad luck probably due to him wanting to get away from 'superfan', because I met him a few times and he was really pleasant. It must make people nervous, when people ( not you ! ) are obssessive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is very rude and demanding to the people he works with. He lacks basic good manners and respect. Most people who have had dealings with him would agree.

That's a shame although I can believe it. Thanks for answering :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first ever post...so here goes!
    Nice
    Elle Mcphearson
    Mark and Kian from Westlife
    Jenson Button
    Judith Chalmers
    Rhino and Wolf (gladiators)
    Juan Pablo Montoya
    Rowan Atkinson
    Jeremy Clarkson

Not so nice
    Tanni Gray-Thompson
    Huw Higginson (ex bill actor)
    The other 3 in Westlife
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chief wrote: »
    Isn't that the point though?
    I don't think this thread is intended to analyse a person's entire personality but just reflect how they are towards their fans/people who meet them - these instances usually lasting only a few minutes anyway.

I am suspicious of some of the "he blanked me, therefore, he`s a horrible person" ones. Everyone has an off-day, and you only get one side of the story (I suspect shyness could be a problem with some celebs). I am sure there is not a celeb on the planet that someone on here cannot claim to have had a bad experience with. However, there are a couple about whom we are struggling to find anyone who has anything nice to say about them, including people who have worked with them.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    That's a shame although I can believe it. Thanks for answering :)

He comes across a bit prickly on his radio show sometimes. Shame though, as I used to think he was an example of a former child-star who was actually well-adjusted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    He comes across a bit prickly on his radio show sometimes. Shame though, as I used to think he was an example of a former child-star who was actually well-adjusted.

Yeah, I remember from donkeys' years ago when there was an article in the tabs about him bullying other kids at school. You never know when to believe it, though as we all know the tabs can make stories from nowt. Haven't heard his radio show but I remember there was a little bit of the 'diva' in him when he was on SCD. Saw him live playing 'Joseph' in the musical when he was still quite young. He was a bit thin and weedy and didn't come across too well. We put it down to his age and lack of experience in musical theatre.

In terms of 'nice' and 'not so nice' celebs on this thread, I tend to pay more attention to the names that crop up consistently in both categories.
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Met a few celebs, mainly through my job but the nicest one that sticks out is Reece Shearsmith.

My daughter & I went to see him in "Ghost Stories" at the Duke of York theatre 2 years ago. We hung around the Stage Door as she had a Psychoville DVD she was hoping he'd signed. He came out and he must have been in a bit of a rush between shows but stopped and had a lovely chat with us and rubbed my arm soothingly (I actually swooned a bit)

When we got home, my daughter messaged him on Twitter to thank him for signing the DVD etc and that we'd thoroughly enjoyed the show: he sent such a nice reply back!

Top bloke!
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike1948 wrote: »

yeah/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    rionia wrote: »
    My mum tells the story of when the Queen and Prince Philip got married, they travelled through Gravesend on their way to their honeymoon. Some of the official route through the town had been published, but mum didn't want to wait with the crowds so she worked out the route the car would have to go on its way out of the town, and that it would probably have to slow a bit going up a steep hill. Anyway she waited by the side of the road (she was the only one there), with a bunch of flowers from her grans garden. She said when the queen (or Princess Elizabeth as she was then) saw her she asked the driver to stop, and thanked mum for the flowers. Mum said the queen chatted briefley, then Prince Philip said 'something cheeky' to my mum which made the queen laugh, and then they drove off. Mum was 18 years old at the time, she's 81 now and has never forgotten that day. She says she'll aways remember the twinkle in prince philips eyes, and that the queen had the most beautiful blue eyes she's ever seen.

I know this was posted a long time ago but I just wanted to say what a lovely story this is. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met a few celebs, mainly through my job but the nicest one that sticks out is Reece Shearsmith.

My daughter & I went to see him in "Ghost Stories" at the Duke of York theatre 2 years ago. We hung around the Stage Door as she had a Psychoville DVD she was hoping he'd signed. He came out and he must have been in a bit of a rush between shows but stopped and had a lovely chat with us and rubbed my arm soothingly (I actually swooned a bit)

When we got home, my daughter messaged him on Twitter to thank him for signing the DVD etc and that we'd thoroughly enjoyed the show: he sent such a nice reply back!

Top bloke!

Papa Laz :D