No matter how bad things are we have our pets

PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have been quite low recently for one reason or another but I can honestly say that no matter how sad or down or angry I am, the moment my princess curls up next to me purring and staring at me with her big eyes, it all just fades away. I can't help but smile at her.
Once I look at her, everything in those 2 minutes just seems forgotten. She has her own problems bless her. She's deaf, has a heart murmur and a suspected cleft palate but she just shirks it off and knows when and how to be there for me.
Have your pets helped you through difficult times? Reassured you even though they can't speak? Suppose it sounds silly really but its true.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my little cat is the reason I get up in the morning so early:)
    she comes into the room and lets me know it is her breakfast time,but if i am still asleep she will wait.She does not say a word but me and her have had some conversations,if you know what i mean and she always cuddles up to me when i am down or have had an argument with the Mr, she has always been there for me and I will always be there for her, she does not care if i put on a few pounds or am not cool,she just loves me for me,it is the kind of unconditional love that we humans could emulate a bit more:D

And my dog is telepathic as well, i would swear he can read minds, the Mr just has to think of the word park and he knows, it is quite mystical. Hope you feel better soon, i have had my moments as well but my pet was reliable and always there unlike some people
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog, despite her problems (!) keeps me occupied and stops me waking up thinking about IVF and being childless. It's sometimes my first thought but not always and for that I am truly grateful. She doesn't fill the gap - she's a dog not a baby though!
  • cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I lost my mum last year and my cats and of course friends and family helped me get through. My 2 cats sooty and nutkin were basically me and my mum sooty was cheeky and did stuff to wind my mum up like me while nutkin was pampered by my mum lol I lost sooty last year also and it broke my heart like I have said in other threads our bond was amazing no one had ever seen a cat like her , but the cuddles she gave and nutkin continues to gives make me smile when I'm having a low day. Sometimes when people are trying to help all the want to do is talk but I found having a cuddle and just a meow or purr helped more at certain times.
    We now have a kitten leo who is coming up to 9 month old and sometimes when my bf and nutkin are driving us mad we just give a look to each other lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cats always know when I'm feeling down. I am going through a horrible time at the moment and when the tears come, one of them crawls onto my lap and curls up. It's the best feeling knowing they are there to comfort me.
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So true, I lost my sister 5 months ago, she always told me to look after her 2 bunnies, meaning I know have 6, but they just cheer me up, it's like she is there.
    Our Dalmatian is just a huge comfort, a pain in the bum sometimes, but gives the lushest cuddles.

I prefer my pets to the remaining of my family....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is true. My cat saw me through a life 'n' death illness five years ago and keeps me going daily. Most amazing companion.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always been my cat's who have got me through difficult times. I keep telling people that I'm going to end up as the mad woman with umpteen cats who feeds the pidgeons in the town centre, they don't believe me!!!
    It has been my cats who have always been there for me, no matter what. I wouldn't swap them for the world.