Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Get thee over to the Riogate thread!! *passes over big wooden spoon*

lol nah cant be bothered with that. Too many idiots around at the moment :D
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    lol nah cant be bothered with that. Too many idiots around at the moment :D

We'll save it until a certain poster appears who seems to take pleasure in annoying Utd fans then drop our little gem.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    We'll save it until a certain poster appears who seems to take pleasure in annoying Utd fans then drop our little gem.

Little Gems, where did you buy them from?? I've not seen them in ages, you used to be able to buy them at the kiosks in Old Trafford, many years ago.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    I'm more concerned about getting cover/replacement for Evra at the moment. Providing Fabio goes out on the loan then we've got a gap to fill temporarily and permanantly in the not too distant future with Pat.

I think the problem will come next season, since Patrice must hold the record for consecutive games. Even if he misses a few, we could send out Fryers for a game or two, or stick Jones there since he seems to play everywhere else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zieler wrote: »
    I think the problem will come next season, since Patrice must hold the record for consecutive games. Even if he misses a few, we could send out Fryers for a game or two, or stick Jones there since he seems to play everywhere else.

Please tell me this is done tongue in cheek....

That record is still held and probably won't be beaten ever by Steve Coppell, as far as outfield players are concerned. He played in 207 consecutive games between 1977 and 1981. Most of which he did so wearing his rightful number 7 shirt. That number was his, and not Atkinson's to take away and give it to some upstart midfielder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yesterday, as I sat on a very slow moving tram, into Manchester, before heading off to Levenshulme on the train, I struggled to come up with any sort of proper post regarding Powell's arrival. I was trying to make comments with regard his and Gigg's age.

However this tweet this morning just about sums it up way better than anything I could have put it.

"On the day Nick Powell was born in 23rd March, 1994, Paul Scholes was scoring a hat-trick for #mufc reserves in a 7-0 demolition of Leeds."

I think that puts into perspective the service I guess both Scholes and Giggs have given to this club. Giggs and Scholes are both old enough to be his dad. :eek: I started to feel old when I realised some players were being signed who weren't born when I left school, but now it's getting even scarier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    Please tell me this is done tongue in cheek....

Don't worry that was. He does however have a knack of staying fit most of the time, which is why Fabio has to go out on loan because he never got any game time. I just checked and Evra has played in all bar 3 of the league games in the last 3 seasons.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Chelsea brought on that Josh lad (who they loaned to Swansea last season), in the Champions League, and he became the first player to play in the tournement since it was re-named "The Champions League",who was born after the name change, and at that time I thought, wow, that kinda makes me feel old! :D

The times are a changin that much is for sure!
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Chelsea brought on that Josh lad (who they loaned to Swansea last season), in the Champions League, and he became the first player to play in the tournement since it was re-named "The Champions League",who was born after the name change, and at that time I thought, wow, that kinda makes me feel old! :D

The times are a changin that much is for sure!

Is that not Josh McCreachan (sp)... Apparently he's supposed to be as good (if not better) than Pogba... good for England if he develops well.

I'm quite excited for the Powell signing... he seems a little precocious which I like and want in a young player.

There was some good commentary this morning on the Ox and how it was a little disappointing in his post match interview he talked about team performance and blah blah blah... at his age and his skill he should be thinking about knocking the ball past some old bloke and skinning him.. much like Rooney did all those years ago and Owen years before him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kierenj wrote: »
    Is that not Josh McCreachan (sp)... Apparently he's supposed to be as good (if not better) than Pogba... good for England if he develops well.

I'm quite excited for the Powell signing... he seems a little precocious which I like and want in a young player.

There was some good commentary this morning on the Ox and how it was a little disappointing in his post match interview he talked about team performance and blah blah blah... at his age and his skill he should be thinking about knocking the ball past some old bloke and skinning him.. much like Rooney did all those years ago and Owen years before him.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure on the spelling of Josh's surname.

I am looking foward to seeing how Powell develops, he certainly comes from a club who know how to develop players, so I do have faith in him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I wasn't too sure on the spelling of Josh's surname.

I am looking foward to seeing how Powell develops, he certainly comes from a club who know how to develop players, so I do have faith in him.

It isn't often this happens a Crewe youngster coming to us, it's normally our youngsters going to Crewe and then going on to make a good living out of football. Savage and Platt spring to mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see rumours that say Adnan Januzaj will be going on tour with the first team. No confirmation yet, being reported by the Belgian media
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zieler wrote: »
    Interesting to see rumours that say Adnan Januzaj will be going on tour with the first team. No confirmation yet, being reported by the Belgian media

They are rumours as it states it's a summer tour to the US, when in fact we are playing games in China and Norway. I can't see us going to the US for a third straight year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are rumours as it states it's a summer tour to the US, when in fact we are playing games in China and Norway. I can't see us going to the US for a third straight year.
    John Chapman @BelgoFoot

Het Nieuwsblad say that Adnan Januzaj will join ‪#mufc‬'s summer tour (without mention of USA). Lots of folks told me "no tour to USA".

I can't see us going to the US again either, but another Belgian outlet has the story that he'll be in the squad for United's tour without the US story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that we were touring China and South Africa this summer? As that is what Sir Alex said at the Player awards dinner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought that we were touring China and South Africa this summer? As that is what Sir Alex said at the Player awards dinner.

Looking on the official webpage, it's got down 3 destinations, China, Norway and an yet unannounced venue. However that's probably South Africa..
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see PSG are signing Thiago Silva for 46m Euro. :eek: No doubt Platini will forget FFP, when it comes to one of his own teams :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking on the official webpage, it's got down 3 destinations, China, Norway and an yet unannounced venue. However that's probably South Africa..

It is very late indeed for us to have not announced in full detail as to where and whom we are going and playing during the summer.

What with all of the tournements from first team (Euro's), to younger players (Olympics), and youth (Under 19's have a tournement as well I think), I wonder what sort of sqaud we will be taking on these tours?
    As Sir Alex does like to give those who play in summer tournements a bit of extra rest doesn't he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CTD101 wrote: »
    I see PSG are signing Thiago Silva for 46m Euro. :D No doubt Platini will forget FFP, when it comes to one of his own teams :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see how PSG and Malaga do in the Champions League this coming season, as since they are part of the club of "new money", they will be under pressure to do well I would imagine.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I must admit I do find it unfair that Utd leave it so late in the day to make proper announcements about pre season. Last year we contemplated the USA one but it got to the point that flight prices got so high because it was close to the time, getting time of work was a pain cos kids are on hols so in the end we just booked a normal holibob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It has been confirmed in the last 10 minutes we'll be playing 2 games in South Africa, on July 18th, we'll be playing Amazulu FC, in Durban. On July 21st, we'll be playing Ajax Cape Town in Cape Town.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It has been confirmed in the last 10 minutes we'll be playing 2 games in South Africa, on July 18th, we'll be playing Amazulu FC, in Durban. On July 21st, we'll be playing Ajax Cape Town in Cape Town.

Cheapest flight I can get to Durban is £1117 so for both of us plus hotels and tickets I can't see me managing to convince M that its a go-er. It'd be best part of £4k for the two of us with spends and stuff.

2½ hr flight from Durban to Cape Town as well.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £1117 to see a friendly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    £1117 to see a friendly?

I went to the Amsterdam Tournament for about £100!! They announced it early and we got flights for £23 with Jet2 and then just got two nights hotel. Thats more like it for me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very late indeed for us to have not announced in full detail as to where and whom we are going and playing during the summer.

It is nice of the club to answer my requests so very quickly! :D
This discussion has been closed.