Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire announced

Comments

• davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    It has taken me almost a year but I finally have my full competitive team all in shiny! I've been working on it since someone wonder traded me a shiny flawless Japanese ditto. I'd clearly hacked but perfect for breeding. So I've been MMing my team and Dratini finally hatched this week, I've been working on him since August!

All just in time for ORAS.

Dang that's impressive. How many hours you rack in for that? I hit ~250 in total and I only bred 7 or 8 competitive pokemon. Can't even begin to imagine how much longer it would have taken me if I was trying to get them all to hatch as a shiny aswel as the 5 IVs.

Really looking forward to ruby/saphire remakes though. Never played them first time around so I'm not that familiar with the 3rd gen.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double Post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »
    Dang that's impressive. How many hours you rack in for that? I hit ~250 in total and I only bred 7 or 8 competitive pokemon. Can't even begin to imagine how much longer it would have taken me if I was trying to get them all to hatch as a shiny aswel as the 5 IVs.

Really looking forward to ruby/saphire remakes though. Never played them first time around so I'm not that familiar with the 3rd gen.

I'm up to 360 hours on it at the moment. Probably the longest I've spent on a Pokemon game and the majority of that was riding up and down outside the day care centre lol.

I'm a bit disappointed though because I had a system of using Dragon Dance and Substitute with Speed Boost Blaziken and then Baton Passing the double attack and double speed to Machamp. It worked great on Pokemon Showdown but online the actual game he still doesn't go first or hit very hard. I'm questioning whether Baton Pass is working.

Il be creating new teams and trying to make doubles teams and trying out other things but I don't think I'll try and make them all shiny again, that took far too long.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it really sad that I can't wait until Friday :D
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ No - because I can't wait either. (Especially as I missed these ones back in 2003.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait either and am still annoyed that the US, Japan and Australia have had it since last Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait either and am still annoyed that the US, Japan and Australia have had it since last Friday.

In an attempt to get a perfect Mega Charizard X (preferably shiny) I have had a lot of really good baby Charmanders to wonder trade. Up until last week you could get some pretty good level 1 pokemon with 4 or 5 perfect IVs as people were obviously doing the same. Now every other trade is a ferking wild caught Wurmple>:(

And there seems no reason for the US & Australia to get it first. Japan maybe, as it is a Japanese company. But why leave us out :(

Oh well. Just two more sleeps :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh that's why I'm not big fan of wonder trade, a lot of the time it's crap although I did get a shiny lucario once and a flawless shiny Japanese ditto but they were golden nuggets out of a lot of crap.

It was a bit of a farce last year with them trying to get a worldwide simultaneous release but some retailers sent it out a day early. That meant shops started selling it a day early which meant we got it earlier then Japan. I don't think they liked that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would explain it :D

I'm not over keen on Wonder trades but it can be a good way of getting a different region Pokemon with 4 or 5 good IV for breeding. My male Charmander came from a wonder trade. He's Japanese with 5 perfect IVs - missing speed so teamed it with a female Charmander I bred with 4 Good IVs including speed & the right nature & moves. They're popping out eggs faster than the Day Care Man can cope :D

Every now and then I like to Pokerus up a few Pokemon & share it about - Again it was Wonder Trade where I got Pokerus.

And it breaks the monotony of Breeding - cycling up that same darn road all day :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha yeah it can help with things like pokerus.

I wish game would sell these a day early. Apparently some places on Germany and Netherlands have been selling them all week when they shouldn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm under strict instructions to go into town after work tomorrow to get our copies :D

I hate town on a Friday afternoon - hopefully all the 'Black Friday' customers will have gone away by the time I get there though. Sadly I doubt the games will be in the Black Friday offers :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah me and my girlfriend finish at 12.30 tomorrow and are going straight to Tesco to pick it up. Unfortunately its my mates birthday and he's wanting to go out.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait either, I'm getting both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire tomorrow and I've already decided on my two teams as well.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to recreate my desert secret base :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, anyone got theirs yet? :D

I was going to pop in at lunch but a meeting over ran & I was so hungry I ate at work :( So not getting ours until later.:(
  • MystygirlMystygirl Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Can't wait!
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to Mauville City, well, I think it's Mauville City. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too tired to play anymore. All set to hit the first gym tomorrow :D

Son has got to the second gym and is still playing:o
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine today but no time to play it:(

I'll try tomorrow.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Got mine, about to hit the first Gym.

Looking forward to getting the mega stones so I can make the perfect Swampert I bred during X and Y Mega :D.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Seems to be selling nicely in Japan
    Software Sales

[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 1,327,671 (New)
    [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Double Pack (Pokemon, 11/21/14) – 90,497 (New)

I suppose Diamond/Pearl remakes will be done in a few years.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Didn't get much time to play this last night. Managed to pick my starter (Treecko) and soft reset until I got a neutral nature on it. Think I'm going to use a mixed moveset so figured it wouldn't be wise to go nerfing one of the attack stats.

Got as far as getting the pokeballs, so about 15 minutes in. Going out in a couple of hours so again won't have much time today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else preorder this from Amazon? I did and I still haven't got it yet, will have to wait until Monday now :(
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else preorder this from Amazon? I did and I still haven't got it yet, will have to wait until Monday now :(

I only placed mine on the 21st, and I had mine yesterday.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I don't have the game yet, I might make a run out later to get it :p Loving the new megas, not that happy with the cut and paste job on the battle maison though :( Since the battle resort and daycare are probably the two places I spend most of my time in Pokémon games, I'm amazed they didn't include the full battle frontier from Emerald. Apparently there's a sign that tells you it's 'under construction'. I won't hold my breath for dlc. I feel this should have been something that was in the game from day 1.