Options

Has the Wii done it again? Sales picking up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Large amounts of Capcom's shares are going up for sale. From what I'm reading on gaming websites, combined with the shares they already have, if Nintendo decided to buy the shares going up for sale, then Nintendo would become the controlling member of Capcom.

This is due to the shareholders not renewing their takeover defence deal to prevent the shares going up for sale.

This could be a chance for Nintendo to properly cement the Wii U on the map. With exclusives like Resident Evil and Street Fighter... it would seem almost stupid for Nintendo to pass up this chance.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Large amounts of Capcom's shares are going up for sale. From what I'm reading on gaming websites, combined with the shares they already have, if Nintendo decided to buy the shares going up for sale, then Nintendo would become the controlling member of Capcom.

This is due to the shareholders not renewing their takeover defence deal to prevent the shares going up for sale.

This could be a chance for Nintendo to properly cement the Wii U on the map. With exclusives like Resident Evil and Street Fighter... it would seem almost stupid for Nintendo to pass up this chance.

Yes and Resident Evil 4 really worked for the Wii? Developers will be keen to make use of what Sony and MS are doing.

A few games won't change the Wii U's fate. It's a terrible console and it's just not aimed at the market the old Wii was. Nintendo can't attract everybody like last generation and serious gamers go for the PS4 and XB1.

I'm sure I read Nintendo is done with the Wii U it's all about next generation for them. I wouldn't be susprised if they rush out another console in 2015 like a Wii HD with motion and virtual reality to combat the PS4.

Another poor console next time and they could head the way of Sega?
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused by the Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition comment. The game was widely praised and is considered one of the best Wii games there is. I'm not sure how that comparison is relevant anyway, since the Wiimote and nunchuck are completely different to the GamePad. Re: your Sony and MS comment, that would be irrelevant since Nintendo would be the major share holder. They wouldn't have a choice about what they would be developing.

The comment about Nintendo's next home console has been taken widely out of context. Iwata said in an interview that Nintendo are already working on their next console (just like Sony and MS probably are). Some sites took this as Nintendo giving up on the U, which isn't true. This can be seen by Nintendo buying IP's for the console - Devil's Third for example (although I think it looks like crap anyway). A few games of course can change a console's fate. MK8 sold over 1 million copies in the opening weekend, boosting U sales by 666%. Of course, 666% of nothing is still nothing, but the game has held on to 2nd spot for 3 weeks now - that's a huge achievement for the console. Of course, we won't know how well the U has done until the next conference call, but still, all signs seems positive at the moment.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and Resident Evil 4 really worked for the Wii? Developers will be keen to make use of what Sony and MS are doing.

A few games won't change the Wii U's fate. It's a terrible console and it's just not aimed at the market the old Wii was. Nintendo can't attract everybody like last generation and serious gamers go for the PS4 and XB1.

I'm sure I read Nintendo is done with the Wii U it's all about next generation for them. I wouldn't be susprised if they rush out another console in 2015 like a Wii HD with motion and virtual reality to combat the PS4.

you really do not know what you are talking about, do you???

as brb mentioned, RE4 was considered one of the Wiis finest hours..

and if the Wii U was a failure, which it isnt..Nintendo could afford to write it off, as they have pots of money, where as SEGA had too many disasters, 32x, Saturn etc....

as for everything else you have said, i think you are just trolling now and for that reason, im out

its very annoying
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Yes and Resident Evil 4 really worked for the Wii?
    What? RE4 Wii edition was fantastic and scored highly in reviews, up until Sept 2011 it sold 1.9 million copies which was more than the GameCube version sales by Jan 2007.
    It's a terrible console
    And from what basis have you come to that conclusion? Things you've read from others maybe? Have you even used a WiiU?
    Anyone that has actually used a WiiU would quite rightly say it's far from being a terrible console.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

as for everything else you have said, i think you are just trolling now and for that reason, im out

its very annoying

Welcome to the club. I'll put the kettle on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had my Wii U since MK 8 launched and impressed with it so far it feels unique when compared to an Xbox or Playstation. Interesting titles on the way so happy with my purchase.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Official NPD figures show that during May Wii U shifted over 60,000 consoles in the USA, an increase of 85% on the same time last year despite MK8 only being available for the final 2 days. This number should increase further still in June.

Estimated figures suggest that globally Wii U sold around 87,000 units last week alone. That's more than double the amount of Xbox Ones.
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not happening. Nintendo at E3 announced loads of games for Wii U in 2015, including a new Zelda and a new Starfox. They're not abandoning the system any time soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    What? RE4 Wii edition was fantastic and scored highly in reviews, up until Sept 2011 it sold 1.9 million copies which was more than the GameCube version sales by Jan 2007.

And from what basis have you come to that conclusion? Things you've read from others maybe? Have you even used a WiiU?
    Anyone that has actually used a WiiU would quite rightly say it's far from being a terrible console.

I've had one since launch and i love it. There's something to be said about Nintendo's game design and play. Quite an impressive library on the WiiU now. Mario Kart 8 is totally amazing. :D
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you really do not know what you are talking about, do you???

as brb mentioned, RE4 was considered one of the Wiis finest hours..

and if the Wii U was a failure, which it isnt..Nintendo could afford to write it off, as they have pots of money, where as SEGA had too many disasters, 32x, Saturn etc....

its very annoying

He does this on the Mobile Forum too usually with threads like this on how Apple will destroy Android.....

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1956403&highlight=
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does this on the Mobile Forum too usually with threads like this on how Apple will destroy Android.....

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1956403&highlight=

You only need to "google" his username to see examples of people berating his posting style from all over the web.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You only need to "google" his username to see examples of people berating his posting style from all over the web.

So he's a troll?

Perhaps we should all put him on ignore?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    So he's a troll?

Perhaps we should all put him on ignore?????

I don't know if he's a deliberate troll, but he's certainly making a name for himself. He's becoming a minor celebrity. Our very own Piers Morgan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know if he's a deliberate troll, but he's certainly making a name for himself. He's becoming a minor celebrity. Our very own Piers Morgan.

Yeah his Apple threads are always a treat Lol.
    I remember when iOS7 was first announced and he started this hate campaign covering both the mobile and tablet forums using multiple threads in which iOS7 was the worst thing ever and everyone should abandon iOS and go android, here's a quote
    IOS7 is by far the worst looking junk I have seen on any mobile operating system in the past 5 years.
    Then all of a sudden some posts to existing threads and a new thread pops up saying how good iOS7 is now that he's used it. :D
    So I'm half expecting a tread to pop up soon saying how wonderful WiiU is as he's actually used one.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I hadn't realised he was so well known. If I were on a pc, I'd see his post count and probably have looked through it, but alas I'm only on a crappy android phone, or is that a good android phone. Wait. Does he hate or love android?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anybody download Another World????

Had this on the SNES back in the day, didn't get very far
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smash Bros will sell it's fair share of wii u consoles coming out around christmas as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anybody download Another World????

Had this on the SNES back in the day, didn't get very far

Nah I've not downloaded, I much preferred Flashback to Another World.
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭