Options

premier league thread

Comments

• Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dns is working on beinsports but the stream is fluctuating wildly so it may as well be geoblocked only a matter of time for all of the other services go the same way enjoy the blackouts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    If they are then surely it's misleading and they could end up in hot water?
    None of these sites are as clever as they think they are as people will just find alternative ways of watching which i won't discuss for obvious reasons, the companies are only hurting themselves.

It won't because we're not supposed to be using a SDNS with it.

As long as it gets the numbers down and makes life difficult then it is worth it to them. Not everyone can change about services, discover new ones and some of us ITT.

I'm going back to my old ways of watching which doesn't involve online streaming for the time being. This internet streaming stuff is bs anyway. Don't think companies or the infrastructure is ready for it. Will keep up and watch a few games but for the important ones it's not good enough. 30 second delay minimum, feel like a tit celebrating a goal with my mates much later than my neighbours!
  • Options
    lylinalylina Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    the new player doesn't even have the Audio button anymore.. awful
  • Options
    BMoxBMox Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    For what it's worth, I use Airplay with the NBC app and have found it to be reletively pain free.

I normally let the game start, then flick open the control panel and select airplay and it beams it to my Apple TV.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using Unotelly

beIN - The free channels are playing. But no others streams loading i am just getting an "Error" or "please sign in or subscribe to view contect" appear. i AM signed in. Highlights of a German game have played though.

StarSports - no live content atm - Man City v Liverpool full match reply loaded, at 864kb but is that free anyway?

Update: Just realised my subscription had expired! Stupid me! Renewed and content is playing. Has anyone noticed they they are using a new player? I cant see an option to change my connection rate?

I am using Chrome Remote Desktop, so might not see the option?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to do what someone suggested earlier in the thread just use a VPN but i'll keep the Smart dns for my Appletv and ps3 until i can get a VPN router.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lamby wrote: »
    Using Unotelly

beIN - The free channels are playing. But no others streams loading i am just getting an "Error" or "please sign in or subscribe to view contect" appear. i AM signed in. Highlights of a German game have played though.

StarSports - no live content atm - Man City v Liverpool full match reply loaded, at 864kb but is that free anyway?

Update: Just realised my subscription had expired! Stupid me! Renewed and content is playing. Has anyone noticed they they are using a new player? I cant see an option to change my connection rate?

I am using Chrome Remote Desktop, so might not see the option?

Yeah it's been mentioned 100 times that they are using a new player and the new player is awful. no language button among other things. quality fluctuating all the time. awful.
  • Options
    BigBadJimmyBigBadJimmy Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lamby wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed they they are using a new player? I cant see an option to change my connection rate?

I am using Chrome Remote Desktop, so might not see the option?[/B]

Yes, someone mentioned that earlier. Also there is apparently no longer an option to change the audio (not that English customers need that with channel 11).
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, someone mentioned that earlier. Also there is apparently no longer an option to change the audio (not that English customers need that with channel 11).

Sometimes 11HD has been so bad for a game i have put 1HD and changed the audio to English for commentary. Cant do this now i guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Changing the language was so important.

e.g. when using a different stream to 11HD-12HD or sometimes the stream loads up in a different language you could get English by selecting 'AR' then 'ENG'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Charge back from PLP successful in full + my overseas transaction fee.
  • Options
    donjohn1109donjohn1109 Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Message from Overplay:

Please note that, Bein Sports started blocking all of the major SmartDNS/VPN-type providers.

However, some customers are reporting that the website is working intermittently for them with our service.

It is not a website we will be able to actively support. If they decide to block access, it might remain that way for a while.

So, I would suggest you to use our VPN service to access that website, that should be the ideal solution for you.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The main problem is that the new player is a piece of crap.
    I'm gonna ask them for a refund if they don't revert it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lylina wrote: »
    The main problem is that the new player is a piece of crap.
    I'm gonna ask them for a refund if they don't revert it

Do the apps still work with smart dns?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    akki007 wrote: »
    Do the apps still work with smart dns?

yes they do

and the webplayer works too. It's just terrible
  • Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just logged into beinsports and the old player is back with the audio switch
  • Options
    PattaPatta Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Harsh. Anyone I've helped fancy countering that?

Very harsh. I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks but Akki has helped me a lot either via the forum or direct messages. Everything he has said has been spot on. As someone else said, it can take a bit of perseverance to get up and running but you get there eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jcm193 wrote: »
    just logged into beinsports and the old player is back with the audio switch

Yup they have indeed.
    Old player and top notch stream quality again.
    Let's hope they keep this one..
  • Options
    ChrysalisChrysalis Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it really worth it for £25!!

£76 for NZ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    £76 for NZ

Ah yes. Point taken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Smash41 wrote: »
    Charge back from PLP successful in full + my overseas transaction fee.

Nice one.. maybe they will give the sneaky user campaign a rest once they get an avalanche of chargebacks. And then leave us undetected in peace :p
  • Options
    ChrysalisChrysalis Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    Interesting article here;

http://gulfnews.com/business/media-marketing/network-bein-sports-not-alone-in-piracy-battle-1.1375264

I suspect that the next EPL rights sale will be different again for international markets. You can see them all being sold with access to just 1 live game at 3pm and maybe no 3pm games broadcast in English commentary at all.

The EPL can probably afford this given what they will get from the domestic rights bidders.

so they are so desperate for uk people to not watch these games the company breaches its contract with its paying customers by not showing the games to "anyone" ouch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Nice one.. maybe they will give the sneaky user campaign a rest once they get an avalanche of chargebacks. And then leave us undetected in peace :p

i would say you are correct, it is not in their interest to block revenue streams against t&c anyway they just need to be seen to be doing their bit or they will get 'BEINed', also due to you're successful charge back they will be charged a fee which is upwards of $75 usd.

Its a battle every year but every year one way or another I watch as many of the 380 premier league games as I see fit.
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    so they are so desperate for uk people to not watch these games the company breaches its contract with its paying customers by not showing the games to "anyone" ouch.

I think the EPL is behind the blackout as a clause in the rights sale agreement. They got really shafted with Tring years ago didn't they? Mind you they used to have the strange blackout at 3pm times every now and again.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    I think the EPL is behind the blackout as a clause in the rights sale agreement. They got really shafted with Tring years ago didn't they? Mind you they used to have the strange blackout at 3pm times every now and again.

Of course the Premier League are behind the blackout, who else do you think it would be?

As for Tring - yes, they didn't go down well with the PL. So much so, Albania as a whole is in the elite club of not being invited to the last tender at all.