Three UK (Global Outage)

Comments

• Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    That's not my point. And Vodafone's network isn't crap either.

What I'm trying to say is a spike in down detector doesn't mean there is a nationwide outage.

It's 'Crap' in my area within a 10 mile radius with a 0.10meg highest recorded speedtest. Maybe not in your area but i'm on about a overall network.

It doesn't but the point I was trying to make is many places are offline and was warning users I wasn't aware exact places but I was aware there was more places down to list to to easily sum it up 'Global' was used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    So your "global outage" became a "Yorkshire outage"?

And you are still off the mark, as I was in York today (and I'm sure that's in Yorkshire) and I had service...

Look at the Three UK Facebook page and EE's facebook page, downdetector etc... It's clear issues was in place and after being on a phone call on hold for a hour and half and you think everything was okay? All that doesn't add up to a 'Perfect service'. They was a issue but it looks like it's been sorted in my area at least not sure about other places. (It may not of effected everyone but there was 100% a issue that can be confirmed via the amount of people complaining).
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do any of the networks give a data speed guarantee?

I don't think so.....

This seems like a 'silly season' thread.

I won't be making any further contribution.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Look at the Three UK Facebook page and EE's facebook page, downdetector etc... It's clear issues was in place and after being on a phone call on hold for a hour and half and you think everything was okay? All that doesn't add up to a 'Perfect service'. They was a issue but it looks like it's been sorted in my area at least not sure about other places. (It may not of effected everyone but there was 100% a issue that can be confirmed via the amount of people complaining).

Is this thread worthy at all? Not really. Especially when your title says "global outage"

If it was like the Three outage of June 2013 or the 3 O2 outages last year then sure, post it.

But one little outage isn't worth posting about. Especially when no one here has confirmed that it's affected them.

This is a completely pointless thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of the networks give a data speed guarantee?

I don't think so.....

No they don't but 0.03meg on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (I could understand if it's a nokia 3330) but higher speeds are expected for use on a smartphones. 0.03meg is not acceptable on a SmartPhone.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member

You didn't mention "less than perfect service" though, you ran screaming through the forum shouting "global outage", perhaps next time a little less histrionics?

What is your actual area where you experienced the outage? You said Yorkshire, when I know Three was working in Yorkshire (at least the parts I was in).
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think somebody is exaggerating a bit, if there was any outage it must have been short at there's little peak on downdetector, but not a huge number and it looks like it lasted minutes.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at the Three UK Facebook page and EE's facebook page.

There's a handful of comments on Three's page and nothing relating to it on EE's page. In comparison, when Three's data service went down across the country in January there were hundreds of posts on Facebook.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    You didn't mention "less than perfect service" though, you ran screaming through the forum shouting "global outage", perhaps next time a little less histrionics?

What is your actual area where you experienced the outage? You said Yorkshire, when I know Three was working in Yorkshire (at least the parts I was in).

From my experience it wasn't working in Kingston Upon Hull.

From friends experience as I checked with them Grimsby, Beverley, London was out.

From Facebook pages and downdetector it appears more places was down.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

From friends experience as I checked with them Grimsby, Beverley, London was out.

Did you work for Fox news on their last global ebola outbreak story?

Because if not, you should have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Did you work for Fox news on their last global ebola outbreak story?

Because if not, you should have.

Look I was just informing DS that issues was arising with Three UK and it wasn't just in one location it would take too much time to write down all the reported areas so it was easier to say global as it would paint a pretty good picture of the idea of the scale of the outage.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look I was just informing DS that issues was arising with Three UK and it wasn't just in one location it would take too much time to write down all the reported areas so it was easier to say global as it would paint a pretty good picture of the idea of the scale of the outage.

Global = across the globe! I can't help thinking you went just a little over the top. Just like the others in the thread, no interruption for me, looks like it only affected some areas or accounts.
  • gardensleepergardensleeper Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's been fine all evening in my particular corner of East Yorkshire
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I would take anything on down detectors page around peak time with a pinch of salt. Most networks get reports on a good day around this time.

I've not heard anything from my MBNL pals or anyone I know on Three. If it did go down.. It was very brief or very localised, unsure what would even cause a "global" issue as there are reduncencies for this sort of thing. There might have been data issues in certain areas.. Nothing new. It happens.. Probably what's going on. Not even UK wide let alone Global.

Bare in mind how many folk moaned about O2 in the UK going down for a few hours and also bare in mind the majority of Three's customers are big data users.... Next.
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working here all day, I think the OP has deleted his APN settings LOL
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This seems to have been scaremongering. No issues where I am.
  • daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There might be something a bit funny going on with MBNL tonight... In mid Wales at the moment, and Three and EE (both 2G and 3G) are only available sporadically in a place where there is usually good reception (Newtown). A network search currently only shows voda and o2.
  • interactiv-ukinteractiv-uk Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost 3 3G service at around half 4 in Darlington. Dropped back to Orange 2G.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I lost 3 3G service at around half 4 in Darlington. Dropped back to Orange 2G.

EE have been upgrading core services in the last week or so.. I noticed this has been happening most days usually early in the morning though. Usually visually by 4G/3G dropping back to 2G randomly for a small period then coming back on line and pings being dreadful for say 10 mins.

Might be related to todays issues or just this ongoing work.

However Something happening to Three's core should not affect EE and vice versa..

A software upgrade to MBNL sites are really the only thing i can think of that could kill a huge area or UK wide that or Virgin's backhaul having a UK boobs up moment.. However Virgin has lots of backups in place for that sort of situation.. It should in theory become really slow than actually die completely.
  • lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE 4G speed was really slow at around 1630 in Oxford.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what, it's been fine here too.

Lol global outage, outage in your area yes, not global
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everywhere near Yorkshire is down I've spoken to multiple people around the area
    Experiencing the same issues.

I'm on hold to three UK atm been on hold for a hour and half and counting I'll update when I speak to them.

I'm in Yorkshire and mines been fine all day.
  • npah3npah3 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I'm in Newcastle and mine went off around 4pm-5pm, was off where I live in Northumberland and has just come back on 8am this morning.
  • johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three UK said there's being technical problems throughout the country although my area has being resolved.

I had problems after 6pm last night, texts were taking an age to send, although they eventually did.

Didn't try to use data so can't comment on that.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lamby wrote: »
    EE 4G speed was really slow at around 1630 in Oxford.

Their network has much improved in the 384 years since.:D