Options

Ghostwatch

2»

Comments

• Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    It wasn't a more innocent time. It was a less dumbed down time.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being drawn in at first but the penny dropped eventually. Was in my twenties and had some of the local kids in the house watching it after they had done with trick-or-treating. We were all engrossed but I was brought back to reality when my new puppy did an enormous plop on the carpet and it cleared the room :D
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I admit it freaked me out, I have a very overactive imagination and i was around 13 at the time , was watching with my sister and my mum around a neighbor's house, could not sleep for over a week after lol

I am still bad with this sort of stuff I even had nightmares after watching flipping Buffy the vampire slayer:o:eek::D
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    solenoid wrote: »
    Didn't someone commit suicide over this programme?
    Nope, was just a silly rumor. However one child was apparently excused from school for a month because he could not sleep after watching it.
    Takae wrote: »
    There were headlines about it, yes, but I think the police couldn't find a proven link between Ghostwatch and the suicide victim. I think there were later reports that the victim had a long history of mental health problems and perhaps Ghostwatch was a trigger, but not the cause.

Yes, was an 18 year old with the mental age of a 13 year old, If I'm recalling correctly. He'd been scared to death of the noises the pipes in his home had been making, according to wiki.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a theory that ghost watch in the most influential horror movie of all time.....

Look at

Most haunted
    The blair witch project.

All thoughs films that came after Blair witch.....

Paranormal activity, sinister, incidious, the conjuring..... They all got a touch 'pipes' in them....
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    Yes, was an 18 year old with the mental age of a 13 year old, If I'm recalling correctly. He'd been scared to death of the noises the pipes in his home had been making, according to wiki.

I first saw it when it was originally broadcast. I was, 13. I was crying with fear by the end.....
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Its the 21st anniversary this year since the first and only time it was broadcasted.

I feel bloody ancient now. Was 16 at the time and yes I crapped myself. I always remember the fact they were using the telephone number they used on other shows made me think it was genuine.
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Watched it last night on YouTube....I absolutely adore it now, but when it came out, it was a different story. :p
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I was 9 and I was absolutely terrified, but I did think it was real back then. I'd love to watch it now.

I was exactly the same, sat there mortified. I had to keep flicking the channel over!

I've watched it since, and whilst it's pretty funny now, back then I was mortified!
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 8, terrified me. I watched it again a bit back and it doesn't really have the same effect nowadays, with spooky noises coming from "The Gloryhole" and whatnot.