Options

Amanda Bynes off the rails again ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that supposed to be an excuse for them? Just because they "get paid for this stuff" and it's "not just Amanda who gets treated like this" doesn't make it at all right, it just means horrible people are doing a horrible job.

Prostitutes get paid for sex. That doesn't make it right.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's too funny. She should get a job just her sitting in front of a laptop tweeting all day.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Is that supposed to be an excuse for them? Just because they "get paid for this stuff" and it's "not just Amanda who gets treated like this" doesn't make it at all right, it just means horrible people are doing a horrible job.

Prostitutes get paid for sex. That doesn't make it right.

It's a job end of , anybody who wants to work instead of claiming or watching tv all day I have no issue with .

i personally could never be a pap as you have to have to not give a crap about morals but if people want to do it as a career then it's there choice .

Amanda is giving them a show and it's the people around her who should be protecting her from the paps instead of letting her go clothes shopping .
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    She's too funny. She should get a job just her sitting in front of a laptop tweeting all day.

Yes because mentally ill people are hilarious, grow up.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been utterly heartbreaking to witness Amanda's second series of meltdowns. It's a relief she's hospialised for now but I desperately hope the courts wake up and realise that she's a very, very ill young woman who needs looking after for much more than a few months at a time.

I also feel so much for her parents. It seems to me they have no idea how to deal with having a mentally ill adult child and they are elderly and should be enjoying their twilight years without going through such distress.

What's also depressing is watching how people have reacted to Amanda's illness. There is still so much truly vile stigma out there towards mental health problems. I fear we will never be able to really erase it when you see attitudes like that of the piece of dirt who took the picture of Amanda dining at the airport a few weeks ago and wrote those absolutely horrible observations about her. Much more needs to be done to educate people.

Oh, and if Sam Lufti has indeed been anywhere near her, that is VERY alarming. I remember all too well what Britney was like when he was around her back in her darkest days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supposedly Sam Lutfi helped her get placed on involuntary hold. At least she is safer now. She must be full of rage though, so I imagine this time it will take a much longer time for her to heal and trust her family again. She just seemed like she didn't want any help this second time around.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so glad she is getting some help. I'm just baffled by the way her parents and older siblings have acted. Even a blind man can see she is extremely unwell, but they seem to not be acknowledging this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I'm so glad she is getting some help. I'm just baffled by the way her parents and older siblings have acted. Even a blind man can see she is extremely unwell, but they seem to not be acknowledging this?

Well she was living with them until the Conservatorship ended and that's when she went crazy again . So it's not there fault .
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Well she was living with them until the Conservatorship ended and that's when she went crazy again . So it's not there fault .

Her parents didn't seek to extend the conservatorship as they believed that Amanda wasn't ill and didn't need to be on medication. So I would say they do need to take some responsibility for her relapse.
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not looking good again, more erratic tweets today :(
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Her parents didn't seek to extend the conservatorship as they believed that Amanda wasn't ill and didn't need to be on medication. So I would say they do need to take some responsibility for her relapse.

They only seem to have conservator ship over her finances, not of her whole life and decisions. As she is an adult who poses no threat to herself or other people, she cannot be held in against her own wishes. And as erratic her behaviour is, she hasn't threatened to hurt anyone or herself.
    It's a bit sad how people are demanding her to be held in some mental institution, while Charlie Sheen and Shia are given new job opportunities and more $$. Bot the men have posed actual threats to others on top of their erratic behaviour.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor lass.
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Poor lass.

Those were the very words I thought when I read this thread. I wish someone would step in and help her. The hounding of her is just abhorrent, with TMZ being one of the worst sites doing it.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Not looking good again, more erratic tweets today :(

I see she is going on about her dad again :(

someone had tweeted something very true re. Amanda Bynes which a lot of people don't seem to get -

'If you cry over Robin Williams but laugh over @amandabynes - you have a twisted understanding of mental illness.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Her tweets even tho shocking seem more cohesive at the moment .
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Who knows, she may be telling the truth here. But because she's got mental problems her parents can brush it off as being 'Amanda losing it again'... I hope she'll get the help she so desperately needs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Who knows, she may be telling the truth here. But because she's got mental problems her parents can brush it off as being 'Amanda losing it again'... I hope she'll get the help she so desperately needs.

I am amazed she got released but I guess as long as she takes her pills then she will be a lot more normal .
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    It's a job end of , anybody who wants to work instead of claiming or watching tv all day I have no issue with .

i personally could never be a pap as you have to have to not give a crap about morals but if people want to do it as a career then it's there choice .

Amanda is giving them a show and it's the people around her who should be protecting her from the paps instead of letting her go clothes shopping .

So what about Contract Killers? Are they just doing a job too?

Plenty of genuinely disabled people are on benefits. Clearly you have an issue with them as you appear to have lumped them into the same category as scroungers.
    It's nice to see Ian Duncan Smith is posting.