You're Fired too much of a comedy show now?

13»

Comments

• Alex_McNameeAlex_McNamee Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think (if one candidate was fired) it should've been done in the format as the GBBO spin off show. They spend the first half talking about the show then the second half with the fired candidate.

That way, it's a better balance.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Could Nick Hewer take over from Dara? If he was willing, it would be a nice way of keeping him involved with the whole process. Obviously it wouldn't be as time-consuming for him as being an advisor to to Sugar. He knows better than most how the show works, and with Countdown and everything we know that he is a capable TV presenter in his own right. I'd be interested to see him doing it.

Incidentally, Dara has made another statistic mistake in this interview. He has actually interviewed 83 people, not 84 - Ella Jade didn't get an interview. (You can't really count his 30-second chat with her on the final show an interview...)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    I think those hoping for a return to the earlier days of the show are going to be disappointed. Judging by the comments elsewhere (and even on the DS main page), it seems that a lot of people feel that You're Fired! was just a bland, pointless filler show back in the Adrian Chiles era, and that Dara O'Brien rescued it by essentially turning it into a comedy panel show based around The Apprentice.

I'm not one of those people. I never thought it was pointless or a filler show. I preferred it as Adrian tried to get to the nitty gritty, much more so than Dara. I like Dara and have nothing against him but he lets a joke go on and on and on.... That doesn't make a good television show for me.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I'm not one of those people. I never thought it was pointless or a filler show. I preferred it as Adrian tried to get to the nitty gritty, much more so than Dara. I like Dara and have nothing against him but he lets a joke go on and on and on.... That doesn't make a good television show for me.

I only really watched Adrian's first series, so I can't really judge on that front. I didn't actually have a problem with Dara when he started, I just think that the show needs to go in a new direction. Who knows, maybe in five years' time if it's still going, I'll feel the same way. I think a show like that needs the odd reshuffle.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Adrian Chiles might have some free time now ;-)
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,174
    Forum Member
    Only just seen this thread, and didn't realise Dara was leaving - that's a real shame, he was a massive improvement on the extremely dull Chiles - and if he returns to the show after his various failures elsewhere, then that's one show to remove from the planner.

Dara was still very good on the last series, but some duff panels (Byrne apart), and trying to squeeze in too many candidates into 30 minutes - as well as some of the pointless skits - didn't help. Starting with 20 candidates was a mess too.

Still, it seems a lot of people on here have had their wishes granted in Dara leaving, let's hope the replacement isn't someone like Millican or Trevor Nelson - or who knows, maybe even Joey Essex...

Andy Townsend will be out of work soon, and he's had years of analysing people with puffed-up egos, who deliver far less than they promise...:o