Samantha Wommack to take a break at Christmas

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's barely in it anyway, I don't think it will make a difference.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering they gave her time off to do Mount pleasant, she is taking the P to ask for more time off to do Panto. If i was an EP, it would of been one or the other.

I guess we will be expecting Lacey turner to take another break to do another series of Our girl or something else next year as well.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering they gave her time off to do Mount pleasant, she is taking the P to ask for more time off to do Panto. If i was an EP, it would of been one or the other.

I guess we will be expecting Lacey turner to take another break to do another series of Our girl or something else next year as well.

Both this panto and Mount Pleasant were prior commitments so they were in her contract when she signed a permanent deal back in EE (don't forget her return was only meant to be for a short period).

Its not like they are using Ronnie when Sam is free to do EE anyway. Where has she been for the whole month of November?!
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do these actors get away with having breaks and coming back when they feel like it? that doesnt happen in other everyday jobs
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do these actors get away with having breaks and coming back when they feel like it? that doesnt happen in other everyday jobs

Because being a actor isn't a everyday job. You've answered your own question there.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should recast Ronnie. ;)
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of actors do panto or things like Strictly Come Dancing, but that is generally not felt on screen. For all we know Sam may have accumulated overtime and may have been working flat out, filming every day with long hours since she returned to EE in the summer. But her return to work has not transpired on screen regardless.

Just because there is block filming or a break from it doesn't equate strorylines and characters being absent for weeks and weeks on screen. It is the production's role to spread the episodes and play out story lines ensuring good and equal pacing.

Sam's break from filming is not the reason she hasn't been on screen and I am sure it won't be the reason why she won't be on screen if that will be the case. Ronnie's storyline and the absence on screen is for the same reason that the majority of other characters and strorylines are suffering terrible pacing; the reason being the Carter's strorylines taking priority and hogging the screen the majority of time. Whilst it understandable that Mick and Linda would have a higher episode appearance count than other characters due to being landlords of the queen Vic the gap between their appearance and the others is significantly big. Even with characters like Ian let alone the likes of Ronnie.
    Where has Denise been until this week, for example? Is Diane been on a long break too?
    What about Roxy? Has Rita been on a long break? The same can be said for many other characters except the Carters.

I wish the producers would take better care of spreading the strorylines and making episodes more of an ensemble piece.

Regarding the baby, Ronnie's baby won't be due until mid January. She slept with Charlie around mid April.