Do you vote ?

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    I would say spoiling your ballot is the best option and that's what I will be doing from now on. If you don't vote it will be put down to apathy rather than dissatisfaction with a broken system.

This.

If you're dissatisfied with the current system (which many people are for obvious reasons), either spoil your ballot or, if it's possible, vote for a small fringe party. That way you've made your objections clear. It might not make much of an impact, but at least you've said something. If you say nothing, nobody will know you've got a problem with the way things are run.

Also, as others have said, if there are a huge number of spoiled ballots, or a huge number of votes for a previously unknown party, changes may be made. It's worth voting

I think we need to vote for different parties, myself. The system has to be more competitive. Labour and the Tories are apathetic towards their voters because they can afford to be. They know that even if they miss out in one election, they'll probably be back in the next time around. They have no reason to work hard to earn our trust, no reason to focus on our interests, no reason to think about the country as a whole. If their position is made less secure by an influx of new competitors who could pose a genuine threat to their power, they'll probably become less complacent.

Oh, and don't vote for a party who have more than one ex-Eton student in the top jobs. If you do that, you're asking for a Government who are ridiculously out of touch with most of their electorate.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In your opinion. In my opinion, it demonstrates ignorance and stupidity. Nothing more, nothing less.

So what else can people do to get their point across that none of the parties are worth the time of day?

If you don't vote that is wrong, if you spoil your paper that is wrong, if you vote for a party that have no chance of getting in, then that is wrong as people say it is a wasted vote.

i not voting anymore because i think it is a waste of my time.