Christopher Tweets He Wants Online Abuse To Stop

Comments

• JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    The guy that made that video was a stalking pest simple as that, the stuff he was shouting out about an old lady was a disgrace , had I been in Christophers shoes I would have given him a good hard kick where it hurt, he is not my idea of funny. That is my opinion and Im not a fan of Christophers and I don't care who agrees or disagrees

I agree. The scumbag making comments about an elderly lady like that and that horrible girl on the video making comments. They need to get a life.
    He would have had a slap off me if he had made comments about my relatives like that!
  • lizmlizm Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    If someone weeps and wails about the abuse and 'bullying' they are getting on twitter, my response is ... "well don't go on there then "

Let the bullies win.. Is your response.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    ..and if he walks down the street and the same thing happens ...I guess he should "stay at home then".

Be it the real world or the digital one...people have a right to be there and not be threatened.

Yes that true but here an example

You know the lion is going to attack if you go into his den. so most normal people wouldnt go into the den.

The same applies to Chris he knows that twitter can be nasty but yet still goes on there. And Chris is an adult so he should be protecting himself by staying away from twitter untill the idiots die down. As everyone know there is no way to stop them doing what they are doing ( wrong I know but thats life ) so we have to protect ourselves the best way we can.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lizm wrote: »

The bullies are winning if they are getting to him and he showing them they are, They would not be winning if he just ignored them and says nothing.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Christopher, but come on...some of the stuff people tweet him is disgusting, homophobic, threatening and whatever other abuse you can think of. If I was him I don't think I'd be able to tolerate it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I don't like Christopher, but come on...some of the stuff people tweet him is disgusting, homophobic, threatening and whatever other abuse you can think of. If I was him I don't think I'd be able to tolerate it.

I agree 100% they are nasty and disgusting humans, And I wouldnt be able to tolerate it but then again I would stay away from twitter if it was happening to me so I wouldnt have to tolerate it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    The bullies are winning if they are getting to him and he showing them they are, They would not be winning if he just ignored them and says nothing.

this is different than a couple of bullies in a playground...
    This is mob/gang mentality. How can you not react when you are being took down so cruelly by a load of sheep who react to every rumor and believe every single piece of crap fed to them.
    Every single year the X factor give you a villain to create publicity / headlines and every year the public tear them down!
    MINDLESS PEOPLE!!
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is mob/gang mentality. How can you not react when you are being took down so cruelly by a load of sheep who react to every rumor and believe every single piece of crap fed to them.
    Every single year the X factor give you a villain to create publicity / headlines and every year the public tear them down!
    MINDLESS PEOPLE!!

These people are cowards and would be very unlikely indeed to say anything like this in person. Twitter needs to have a more prominent report abuse button. As it stands you have to click through too many options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MINDLESS PEOPLE!!

First of all I was replying to you using the word bullies now you change it to mob/gang mentality make your mind up and then people can understand what you mean.

And I have never said that he shouldnt react so dont start acting like I have.

All i was pointing out was if he stayed away from twitter untill it died down he would save himself a lot of upset. And in doing so he not letting the bullies/mob etc win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He isn't restrained, the guy's a fraud and he was caught being one.

Joshua Fox is actually a funny guy. This was the best thing ever. Did you even read those comments? Most of the comments there were actually in support of him that he was actually funny.

Of course he was restrained. In the face of fairly extreme goading and whilst clearly under the influence of drink, he handled it wisely and well.

That other guy is not even one little bit funny. He is the fraud of the piece here, ripping off an age old celebrity baiting act that was kind of hit and miss funny when it was original and done by people more skilled to others more deserving 15-20 years ago.
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsmartz wrote: »
    Of course he was restrained. In the face of fairly extreme goading and whilst clearly under the influence of drink, he handled it wisely and well.

That other guy is not even one little bit funny. He is the fraud of the piece here, ripping off an age old celebrity baiting act that was kind of hit and miss funny when it was original and done by people more skilled to others more deserving 15-20 years ago.

Exactly. There are loads of witty comments he could have made to Chris and others that would be snipey but in a funny way. But he was just boorish and abusive. It's probably a set up by X management anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. There are loads of witty comments he could have made to Chris and others that would be snipey but in a funny way. But he was just boorish and abusive. It's probably a set up by X management anyway.

Quite seriously, I'd considered that myself. It was actually quite clear that the guy was hoping to be physically assaulted, for whatever fu**ed-up reason.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popsmartz wrote: »
    Quite seriously, I'd considered that myself. It was actually quite clear that the guy was hoping to be physically assaulted, for whatever fu**ed-up reason.

I was thinking the same. This Joshua bloke is absolutely offensive to Marvin (? Not sure that's his name JLS ) shouting stupid things about the baby his wife is expecting. He wanted him to be abusive to him to put on YouTube to soil his nice guy image
  • JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. Some utter scumbags and vermin in our society!:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First of all I was replying to you using the word bullies now you change it to mob/gang mentality make your mind up and then people can understand what you mean.

And I have never said that he shouldnt react so dont start acting like I have.

All i was pointing out was if he stayed away from twitter untill it died down he would save himself a lot of upset. And in doing so he not letting the bullies/mob etc win.

I replied to a poster that used the word 'bullies' that is why I used the same word. I personally think this is worse - mob mentality. I think I explained it well & in a way people can understand me.
    I agree to save a lot of pain he should avoid twitter/ face book but in avoiding it he is unable to defend himself which is letting the bullies/mob win because they are exaggerating/ saying untruths. I think the whole thing has spiraled out of control.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I replied to a poster that used the word 'bullies' that is why I used the same word. I personally think this is worse - mob mentality. I think I explained it well & in a way people can understand me.
    I agree to save a lot of pain he should avoid twitter/ face book but in avoiding it he is unable to defend himself which is letting the bullies/mob win because they are exaggerating/ saying untruths. I think the whole thing has spiraled out of control.

yes you did explain but that was after I had replied to you, So how did you expect me to know what you meant in up until then. :rolleyes:

Chris does not need to defend himself from the bullies as they are not worth replying to, His fans will know what sort of guy he is and if he know the crap the bullies are saying are not true then he just needs hold is head up high and ignore them.

After all a bully aim is to upset the person they are aiming at and if that person shows them that it upsets them then they think they have won. If the person shows them nothing then the bullies wont have felt like that have won.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes you did explain but that was after I had replied to you, So how did you expect me to know what you meant in up until then. :rolleyes:

Chris does not need to defend himself from the bullies as they are not worth replying to, His fans will know what sort of guy he is and if he know the crap the bullies are saying are not true then he just needs hold is head up high and ignore them.

After all a bully aim is to upset the person they are aiming at and if that person shows them that it upsets them then they think they have won. If the person shows them nothing then the bullies wont have felt like that have won.

Seriously..........?

I disagree with you..
    Chris is unable to defend himself from this avalanche of abuse. It has spiraled out of control. Why should any person have to ignore slander/ attacks against them? everybody has the right to defend themselves. This is too big of an attack to turn a blind eye to! It's not like a child calling another child 'smelly' This is a full blown character assassination with everyone mud slinging and piping up without the full facts. I personally do not believe he tried to strangle some one. I take newspapers with a pinch of salt. I have learnt from watching the X factor what type of show it is and what happens to the contestants when they are done with.

If somebody was calling you a shop lifter to everyone in the town you lived in.. would you just ignore it?
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just don't see the point in complaining about nutters when he is choosing to actively engage with them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously..........?

I disagree with you..
    Chris is unable to defend himself from this avalanche of abuse. It has spiraled out of control. Why should any person have to ignore slander/ attacks against them? everybody has the right to defend themselves. This is too big of an attack to turn a blind eye to! It's not like a child calling another child 'smelly' This is a full blown character assassination with everyone mud slinging and piping up without the full facts. I personally do not believe he tried to strangle some one. I take newspapers with a pinch of salt. I have learnt from watching the X factor what type of show it is and what happens to the contestants when they are done with.

If somebody was calling you a shop lifter to everyone in the town you lived in.. would you just ignore it?

Yes I would after all I and the people I care about would know the truth and if others want to believe that shit them more the fool them.

Also there is a saying what the eye dont see does not hurt you.
    So if Chris stayed away from twitter they could not hurt him therefore the attacks would fall on to death ears.

And as you said yourself
    Chris is unable to defend himself from this avalanche of abuse. It has spiraled out of control
    So this is more of a reason for him to ignore twitter and stay away from it.

Or maybe you think its better for him to stay on twitter and try and defend himself even though you know its to much for him and he will get more gurt by it. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I would after all I and the people I care about would know the truth and if others want to believe that shit them more the fool them.

Also there is a saying what the eye dont see does not hurt you.
    So if Chris stayed away from twitter they could not hurt him therefore the attacks would fall on to death ears.

And as you said yourself
    So this is more of a reason for him to ignore twitter and stay away from it.

Or maybe you think its better for him to stay on twitter and try and defend himself even though you know its to much for him and he will get more gurt by it. :rolleyes:

I don't want to keep repeating myself but I think
    No person should carry this abuse, Everyone has the RIGHT to a defense but in this witch hunt he can't defend himself because what ever he says or does will be distorted and used against him, new stories will be coming out daily. I think
    he should not look at social networking sites/forums for his own sanity I do agree with you but he shouldn't have to take this crap because he went on a talent show and wanted to win a record contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to keep repeating myself but I think
    No person should carry this abuse, Everyone has the RIGHT to a defense but in this witch hunt he can't defend himself because what ever he says or does will be distorted and used against him, new stories will be coming out daily. I think
    he should not look at social networking sites/forums for his own sanity I do agree with you but he shouldn't have to take this crap because he went on a talent show and wanted to win a record contract.

First of all I have never said he should carry this abuse and I have never said he should have to put up with it and not defend himself. So dont try and make out that I have
    Because you can check my past posts and see that many time I said it totally wrong from that to be happening to him.

But we are talking about twitter here and there is no way to stop it so trying to defend yourself in this situation is useless. And that is why I dont think he should defend himself here as it would be better for him to stay away.

For me I think the best thing for him is to just go on holiday enjoy himself stay away from papers and the internet full stop and just relax in the sun. .
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are some absolutely vile comments going around, which are as bad as the Twitter bullying. Not one X factor contestant has said on Twitter get Kye on in place of Chris, only "let Kye do the tour". It doesn't matter whether you like his music or not, none of us really know him, or what he has really done, I don't and I don't know his nan either. The behaviour of some X factor people, even Olly Murs, has been rude towards CM. I think everyone should just stop it and leave it alone. Calling him orange and faker (some of the milder insults I have read) is just bullying, and a lot of people, press and posters on Twitter and other places are putting words in X Factor contestants' mouths about Chris that they havent said.

I'm not a Maloney apologist but I do hate bullying
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are some absolutely vile comments going around, which are as bad as the Twitter bullying. Not one X factor contestant has said on Twitter get Kye on in place of Chris, only "let Kye do the tour". It doesn't matter whether you like his music or not, none of us really know him, or what he has really done, I don't and I don't know his nan either. The behaviour of some X factor people, even Olly Murs, has been rude towards CM. I think everyone should just stop it and leave it alone. Calling him orange and faker (some of the milder insults I have read) is just bullying, and a lot of people, press and posters on Twitter and other places are putting words in X Factor contestants' mouths about Chris that they havent said.

I'm not a Maloney apologist but I do hate bullying

Saying someone is a faker or fake is not bullying , it's an opinion , his friends call him the orange one , he
    Likes to say mahogany .

As for twitter as I have said before , we all have choices weather to use twitter or not

If you go on twitter expect to see the vile crap on there , it will not change until it is more regulated. Twitter breeds evil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »

she's not defending him, she's asking people not to tweet abuse to him which is a bit ironic considering that her mother retweeted a couple of nasty tweets about/sent to him and has tweeted negatively about him since Carolynne was voted out ... they obviously don't get on but there does seem a lot of bitterness and resentment that he staayed in the competition over her

plus Carolynne apparently speaking to the papers and happily givung more specific details of their disagreement obviously inflamed the twitter hate towards him

she was also the first contestant to take to twitter to comment on the incident by tweeting

"X Factor can also create monsters it would seem!"

obviously aimed at Chris

I'm not saying Chris is totally innocent but Carolynne seems to have a habit of starting arguments then playing the innocent goody two shoes victim