The 2014 PDC Darts Thread

Comments

• Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlucky Merv, threw the kitchen sink at MVG there but just threw a slightly dodgy last leg which cost him.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    World Champ V World Champ Saturday night. Might be tasty.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Wade seems to be in a good place with his darts playing like he did when he was winning the big ones.

I'm happy for him and hope he wins the tournament.
  • MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow for the semi finals we will be without

Rod Studd, Stuart Pyke and Nigel Pearson ( all on other sport duty ) so will that mean Mardle taking lead commentary role with Part and Harrington ? Gawd help us.

I doubt Studd will be at the Grand Final tonight Darren. Bill Arthur will no doubt be on the touchline, and then they also have Graham Beecroft as back up. I can see Studd staying in Dublin since Pearson and Pyke will be elsewhere.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    I doubt Studd will be at the Grand Final tonight Darren. Bill Arthur will no doubt be on the touchline, and then they also have Graham Beecroft as back up. I can see Studd staying in Dublin since Pearson and Pyke will be elsewhere.

According to the Sky Press Release on Sport On The Box he is in Manchester with Bill Arthur on the touchline. But, like you, I wouldnt be surprised if he is in Dublin.

He is their number 1 on darts at the moment yet only number 3 on RL
  • dazcdazc Posts: 4,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking forward to SF tonight think Anderson will win title and think this is the best GP i love this tournament
  • swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    I think maybe it's time for Phil to consider retirement? I mean OK he still a good player but his power is definety not as it was in the past (I say that then he might well go on win the grand slam or world title again) ;)

He won the Matchplay a few months ago dismantling the world number 1 in the final! he had a poor tournament this week (and is definitely not the player he once was) but while he's still winning events regularly, why would he stop? it seems whenever he looses people say he should consider his future. if he didn't consider it after losing to an unknone player at the UK open then I don't think losing to a quality player like Wade will make him consider it.
  • swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazc wrote: »
    looking forward to SF tonight think Anderson will win title and think this is the best GP i love this tournament

yeah would love Anderson or Wade to win it. great to see both of them back to their best form.
  • Fat BuddhaFat Buddha Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Bristow's been overdoing it in the Green Room again !
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Wade getting a bit of a spanking so far
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, double bagel! Can he stem the tide?
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to PDC audiences: being bald and donning a replica green top does NOT automatically make you an MVG doppelgänger
    Forum Member
    Final leg decider. Who'd have thunk it!
    Forum Member
    Gando back to his crumbling best.

Another amazing match for Wade.

Bunting has a good chance against MVG. His 180 stat is ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    Not bad start here from Peter Griffin..............Sorry Stephen ;)

Game seems to be going really fast. MVG wins first set
    Forum Member
    Unlucky to be 2 down.
    Forum Member
    Mighty mike in control now. 3 sets up
    Forum Member
    Guess he couldn't argue last time.

3-2
    3-2
    3-0

MVG looking on form.
    Forum Member
    Done and dusted. MVG V Wadey tomorrow
    Forum Member
    Comprehensive win for MVG.

I hope both him and Wade turn up for the final.
  • dazcdazc Posts: 4,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking forward to final want wade to win but van gerwen think just too strong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on James you can do this, I really hope he wins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread

Delete
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you say Wade is the best checkout finisher in the world? I always thought this even before he went off in his form for a few years, it really is beastly.
    Forum Member
    When they showed the stats of the 4 sf last night he had the best in and out stat.
    MVG had the best avg.

Bunting was way ahead on the 180s. I'm surprised he didn't do better against MVG.

So Wade seems to be the best in this tournament anyway and he's always had a good all round game, say unlike Gando who can score for fun and when on form hit doubles for fun but then just go off the boil.