Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    jubalcjubalc Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I'm in DSpy 2 but that's fine, as some members are inactive in some of the teams anyway
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jubalc wrote: »
    I'm in DSpy 2 but that's fine, as some members are inactive in some of the teams anyway

I think it's more to do with family/other commitments getting in the way of our precious gaming time :D. I'm in DS1 but haven't played DC for a while. If the owner wishes to remove me from the club then that's fine.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more to do with family/other commitments getting in the way of our precious gaming time :D. I'm in DS1 but haven't played DC for a while. If the owner wishes to remove me from the club then that's fine.

Had a busy Xmas. With more than a few of my friends being teachers we had a bit of 10 day jolly while we were all off work at the same time and the ones with kids pawned them off to the grandparents. I need a new liver :D. Only got about 30 minutes of DC and wasn't on the invite list for the last challenge (E5onAMP was one of the FR's I missed).
    Did manage a bit of 'old school' when I dusted off Oblivion for a few hours, too.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a busy Xmas. With more than a few of my friends being teachers we had a bit of 10 day jolly while we were all off work at the same time and the ones with kids pawned them off to the grandparents. I need a new liver :D. Only got about 30 minutes of DC and wasn't on the invite list for the last challenge (E5onAMP was one of the FR's I missed).
    Did manage a bit of 'old school' when I dusted off Oblivion for a few hours, too.

My excuse is the new drink driving law in Scotland, although I seem to do better when I've had a few lol. I couldn't even see the tv screen never mind control a high performance car lol.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or are the DLC tour packs really quite hard? I've hardly managed to get any stars in the Redline tour as yet. Fared a bit better on the Elements tour but then I came up against the Venom Hot Lap 2 and given I haven't even managed to three star the first Venom Hot Lap I didn't stand a chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Is it me or are the DLC tour packs really quite hard? I've hardly managed to get any stars in the Redline tour as yet. Fared a bit better on the Elements tour but then I came up against the Venom Hot Lap 2 and given I haven't even managed to three star the first Venom Hot Lap I didn't stand a chance.

Yep. I tried one of them and couldn't catch the car in front at all. Just ended up finishing 10th. Backed out and went back to the main tour. I am still shit on DC. I just can't get used to the handling.
    (practice, practice, practice)
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reality bites. Was back to work today. Will attempt challenge later if I was sent it. Weirdly I don't seem to get alerts on my phone from friends but randoms come through.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Reality bites. Was back to work today. Will attempt challenge later if I was sent it. Weirdly I don't seem to get alerts on my phone from friends but randoms come through.

My alerts weren't wirking but I deleted the PS app by accident so downloaded it again and it's working now. I sent the challenge to around 25 people but don't know if it worked
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking this game, I feel the PS4 was lacking a good racer from launch.

There are a couple of niggles though.

Does anyone else have issues with how long it takes to load the available challenges? Seems to hang for ages on the communicating with server screen.

I am having the same issues with online multi player that happen in a lot of racing games. I like to race fair where possible, but there's always someone in the lobby that won't and tries to grind me off the track. Just out of interest how does everyone else here play?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    heyrehair wrote: »
    I'm liking this game, I feel the PS4 was lacking a good racer from launch.

There are a couple of niggles though.

Does anyone else have issues with how long it takes to load the available challenges? Seems to hang for ages on the communicating with server screen.

I am having the same issues with online multi player that happen in a lot of racing games. I like to race fair where possible, but there's always someone in the lobby that won't and tries to grind me off the track. Just out of interest how does everyone else here play?

yes does seem the online is a bit slow i think with all online racers you always have some people who will just crash you off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is hard to race fair in everyones eyes but I do my best. I do hate deliberate rammers though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes bumping/rubbing/nudging is unavoidable. But, when I used to race online, I'd always try to be fair, even giving up gained places if I deemed I was too aggressive.
    Don't think I'll bother with DC online any time soon. I can't even beat the AI at times.
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I'm just loving this game, not even touched online just yet, I'm working my way through single player trying to get all stars, I felt very proud when I noticed I've beat Lisa_B on a couple of drift challenges (took some effort mind)

A very underrated game, I know it had it's problems with online etc but critics have been very harsh, it's a very solid racer indeed, I'm enjoying this far more than forza horizon 2 (which is also very good but got bored too quickly)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seen a clip of horizon and dont like that you can drive off the track making your own route.
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I seen a clip of horizon and dont like that you can drive off the track making your own route.

The whole point of Horizon is you can drive pretty much anywhere, does it make a better game for this reason? no way..... but it does offer something different (ish) and it does it well, it's a very good game honestly it's just I lost interest in it way too quickly much to my surprise.

I also think Driveclub looks better than FH2 (dare I say it)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I got that but not my bag. Prefer real as in on the track though still with a bit of excitement rather than bland. Driveclub seems to have this unlike GT. They still need to work on a few things though including connecting to players in lobby of online.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Oh the new challenge uses a car from the new Redline expansion pack so I can't do it :)

I look forward to the next one :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh explains why not many done it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will get the season pass but gotta let the pennies build back up.
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Not many taking part in the current challenge, come on there's still a day left and the Ferrari is a joy to drive!
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Right, for some reason posts since 2pm today weren't showing so I didn't see the bit about the Ferrari being in the expansion, sorry!
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Oh the new challenge uses a car from the new Redline expansion pack so I can't do it :)

I look forward to the next one :)

Yeah, that's why I've not done this challenge either. I've spent my time trying the Venom hot lap instead. The third star is frustrating to say the least. On the plus side, I've now hit level 50. :)
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Sorry, didn't realise it was a DLC car!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't realise it was a DLC car!

That's fine. We're always going to come up with challenges using cars that people haven't bought or aren't the right level for. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. So long as we mix it up, we'll be fine.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    That's fine. We're always going to come up with challenges using cars that people haven't bought or aren't the right level for. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. So long as we mix it up, we'll be fine.

I think I'm up to pick the next challenge, so I'll make sure I pick one of the non-DLC cars.

Every time I have a little time off to play something else and come back to this game I'm blown away by how pretty it is.