I feel sorry for Jeremy

13»

Comments

• ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robinson1 wrote: »
    I opened the door in my dressing gown to the milkman once and he said, "That's a funny place to have a door."

haha the oldies are the best :D
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Slave2life wrote: »
    Read what I have written again please.....I said I do not condone any such behaviour from any guy. We have to use our intelligence and look at it with a very open mind.
    It was definitely over dramatized by Chloe. I think it was a drunken mistake on his part.
    He had mixed his drinks not a good idea, but Ken is worse than Jeremy and still remains in the house. Go figure!!
    I read it again and stand by what I said, sorry. My mind is open and I continue to assert that being drunk is not an excuse. He didn't look that drunk to me anyway, by the way. The fact that you thought it necessary to mention Chloe was a page 3 girl implied to me that you think somehow it's not so bad that it happened to her. I can't agree with that at all. Ken is a whole different matter.
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the saddest things is women saying she overreacted, that somehow it is acceptable for men to behave this way. It simply isn't. No amount of making excuses makes it ok, ever.

That some try to minimise her feelings that somehow she is making a drama out of it, makes excuses for every single man who thinks he can behave like that and get away with it.

It's NEVER acceptable.
    Agree, women are not objects.
  • RealiteaRealitea Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    The man is in a downward spiral as evidenced by his chronic alcohol addiction, saying "I'm fine" constantly whilst sat with your head down the loo and sweating profusely. His judgement was and is possibly constantly impaired and he made yet another bad call in his life.

I seriously hope this wasn't his last gasp financially as rock bottom isn't far away for him and for many that is fatal unfortunately. Big Brother sure hasn't helped putting this mentally unstable addict in the house then kicking him out for a drunken pass.

Yes what he did was wrong but all of you kicking a man so clearly on his knees I hope you never have to walk a mile in his shoes :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't feel sorry for Jeremy - he is getting totally smashed as we speak.
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the saddest things is women saying she overreacted, that somehow it is acceptable for men to behave this way. It simply isn't. No amount of making excuses makes it ok, ever.

That some try to minimise her feelings that somehow she is making a drama out of it, makes excuses for every single man who thinks he can behave like that and get away with it.

It's NEVER acceptable.

What's wrong with what you say?
    It's not consistent, you've mixed two points.

What he did was not acceptable. I have not seen anyone say it is.
    But she did overreact.

If your colleaugue asks if she can have your sandwich and you say no and she takes it anyway that's unacceptable. If you call the police to report the theft. That's an overreaction.
    So you can have an overreaction to an inappropriate act.
  • purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBB wrote: »
    What he did was not acceptable. I have not seen anyone say it is.
    But she did overreact.

She can react however she likes to a distressing situation. Neither you, me or anyone can state in a factual manner that she overreacted.

To say otherwise is to be dismissive and dispassionate.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for him too.
    What he did was 100% wrong and he deserved to be removed but I do think there was a lot of over-reaction during the aftermath.
    Channel 5 should never have put such a troubled individual in this sort of environment.
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can react however she likes to a distressing situation. Neither you, me or anyone can state in a factual manner that she overreacted.

To say otherwise is to be dismissive and dispassionate.

Nonsense, and you know it or you would not have edited what I said. You did that because you have no credible response to my perfectly valid points.
    Accordingly I have no respect for your biased and ill informed view.
    And as you mentioned dispassionate you are in fact making a total arse of yourself given that you are the one denying compassion to jeremy.
    Nobody is deny compassion to Chloe, just saying her reaction was disproportionate. I've given you a very basic simple example of how that might look.
    You seem to lack the ability to understand the more adult intelligent style of discussion between what he did wrong and how she reacted.
    But bear in mind, you don't need to take part.
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bit taken back by this thread, lets make one thing clear. he was in the wrong. no matter on your views on how she took it he was still in the wrong. we heard all the words spoken and it was clear in no way did she come on to him or ask him to do it or even hinted it was something that she might like him to do.

yes BB were right in removing him from the house. the guy needs help and should not be on tv right now.

As for her reaction I think it was very real, the way she spoke when it first happened you can tell she was in shock.

I read a post on here where some stated that they have big boobs and men grab them all the time. I would like to say to this person that you should change where you go and the men you hang around with.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    I do. Quite liked him.....
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    His career is over. Hook, line and sinker.

He is on CBB so that is a given!
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realitea wrote: »
    The man is in a downward spiral as evidenced by his chronic alcohol addiction, saying "I'm fine" constantly whilst sat with your head down the loo and sweating profusely. His judgement was and is possibly constantly impaired and he made yet another bad call in his life.

I seriously hope this wasn't his last gasp financially as rock bottom isn't far away for him and for many that is fatal unfortunately. Big Brother sure hasn't helped putting this mentally unstable addict in the house then kicking him out for a drunken pass.

Yes what he did was wrong but all of you kicking a man so clearly on his knees I hope you never have to walk a mile in his shoes :)

It was incredibly sad when he said the only time he feels really alive is the moment between being completely intoxicated and throwing up. He needs a good therapist.
  • SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he was intentionally offensive towards her.

Really. Grabbing tits is always offensive. Imagine a man at your place of work doing that. Puts it in perspective.
  • JVB69JVB69 Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    I watched Chloe in ex on the beach and she was splitting couples up, being the centre of attention and making everything about her, switching her affections depending on who seemed most popular. Every girl in the house and a few of the wiser men had run ins with her and disliked her most of the time. She was a really tough cookie who used tears to get the man she wanted or what she wanted........100% manipulator! Now in the real world with grown ups it is a dangerous game to play and maybe it backfired on her and she was genuinely upset......or maybe she saw Jeremy as getting lots of airtime and wanted a piece
  • Slave2lifeSlave2life Posts: 3,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    I read it again and stand by what I said, sorry. My mind is open and I continue to assert that being drunk is not an excuse. He didn't look that drunk to me anyway, by the way. The fact that you thought it necessary to mention Chloe was a page 3 girl implied to me that you think somehow it's not so bad that it happened to her. I can't agree with that at all. Ken is a whole different matter.

I never mentioned Chloe was a page three girl at all. No matter which way you look at my words. Which only goes to prove to me you are not reading what anyone has written correctly.. I rest my case.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Thought we'd tune in tonight to see what the Jeremy scandal is all about and I feel the poor guy is being completely demonised on the say so of a woman who looks insincere as hell!

As a female the birds on here bar Katie actually embarrass me! Sorry but I have a sense of humour and enjoy it and nobody tells me that as a woman I can not enjoy a bit of banter with the opposite sex - those birds would not last 1 hour in my profession working surrounded by guys on the railways - I love it and wouldn't change it!

This incident wasn't about enjoying a bit of banter between the "birds" and the lads.

Anyhoo....I did feel sorry for Jeremy, he seemed broken and vulnerable and took his ejection with grace. And I'm sorry that he's gone cos he would have been interesting. But I agree he did have to go.

It wasn't so much that he made a drunken pass - cos it wasnt really a pass as much as a pervy voyeur move - it was the slightly worrying perspective he had on Chloe's intentions. He kept changing his story: first it was an accident, then it was "curiosity that killed the cat", then it was that he thought she was in there cos she liked him, then the clincher, 'why would she be naked under the robe if she didn't?' type thinking. At that point, I went from thinking "poor sod" to "oh no you di'unt!".

So yeah, sad for him that one drunk mistake had such a huge impact but also thinking he needs to learn a bit about how to gauge a woman's interest and then how to treat her.

Chloe did seem to overreact but as I just said elsewhere, she'd had a drink too, Jeremy is a bit odd, it came out of nowhere in a bizarrely timed context, and the nature of what he did was pervy rather than sexually aggressive. Can see why she'd feel freaked out.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammmymack wrote: »
    Really. Grabbing tits is always offensive. Imagine a man at your place of work doing that. Puts it in perspective.

I dont think any of us would be with a male colleague that we barely knew in the toilets while he puked up actually. Anyway he dont know he actually "grabbed her tits" as you so charmingly put it. I thought he just parted her dressing gown to have a peek.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    He's messed him and pathetic. He does seem like he would force himself on a woman and guess whose fault it would be? The rum and the alcohols. He's pure filth whose a cry baby! Why would Big Brother ask him to sleep alone? Obviously he's dodgy!

I feel sorry for him as he will get idiotic responses like this
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On re-watch I do too. He really does feel like he crossed the line and apologised continuously. It's still an unclear picture, we don't visually know what happened, but we know he feels really bad about it. He was drunk and stupid. I kind of want to see him on BOTS like they did with Daley.... oh and by the way, there is no comparison, what Daley did certainly did warrant ejection, with Jeremy, I don't think he did... not because it wasn't wrong, but because of hypocrisy. It kind of showed us that there is a huge gender inequality on BB. Now, I know people say... well, women can't be touched like that and men can... I think that's wrong too. That means that some think that males being abused is less severe than women being abused. It isn't, it's as bad as each other.

But anyway... IF we were to talk about gender equality, then a lot of females would have been kicked out in BB.

But as I said, it is inconsistency. John James did something similar when he dragged Sunshine around revealing her naked. I don't think he even got a warning. It's all over the place. Hazel did get a warning for pulling down Daley's boxers.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleet wrote: »
    I dont feel sorry for him, but I do think that as hes been removed for his action, Ken should be removed for his!!
    I missed seeing it last night so wonder what nutty Ken's been up to!!!

I'm off to see if I can find out!!
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    It was incredibly sad when he said the only time he feels really alive is the moment between being completely intoxicated and throwing up. He needs a good therapist.

I have to say, despite what he did, that remark he made was one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

I would like to think that seeing him - an ex alcoholic - mixing his drinks, drinking like a fish after being sober for months, babbling incoherently to himself, vomiting and making a drunken pass, that BB producers themselves realised they'd made a mistake in putting him in there and removed him for all the reasons above, not just because of him acting inappropriately toward Chloe. I hope he gets the help he needs.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think any of us would be with a male colleague that we barely knew in the toilets while he puked up actually. Anyway he dont know he actually "grabbed her tits" as you so charmingly put it. I thought he just parted her dressing gown to have a peek.

All I'm getting from comments like this is that women should never try to help out men. Seriously, under what circumstances can I help out a man without people basically blaming me for his inappropriate behaviour?
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, what I truly think is that he wasn't ejected based solely on what happened, but for his own health. BB producers probably thought, "well if he acts like this when he has a drink, we need to get him away from the drink before he does something worse". So, in the long run, I think it has to do with his own safety as well as what he did.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    All I'm getting from comments like this is that women should never try to help out men. Seriously, under what circumstances can I help out a man without people basically blaming me for his inappropriate behaviour?

Great question. My natural instinct is to help people. And while I get that being well-meaning can be suffocating or irritating for the helpee, it's nitpicking to criticise someone for it let alone use it as an excuse for inappropriate touching.