Options

Little Mix Album 3 and the future .

Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I am looking forward to the new album by Little Mix and I love the first two albums and regret never seeing them on the last tour.

I feel that even though Little Mix are quite big they have not reached there potential as of yet. I think that the new album could be make or break for them. They really need a huge album and huge singles to really take them to the heights which they deserve .

The last album had 3 brilliant singles but should off had more. Several songs were wasted and would of made brilliant singles. Little Mix are the only girl band we have ATM so the girls really need to kick on and make a huge impact with this album. I hope they just don't fade away and get dropped. The album is taking a while to come out so I hope it is a big album. I will be going to see them on tour this year as well if they do a tour.
The sales of the last album wasn't that great and it didn't perform that well across Europe so they could be on the edge with this one.

what are your views on Little Mix and the future for them.

Comments

• Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Was not a massive fan of either albums if I'm honest. :(
    They were OK but nothing worth raving about. I like them though and really hope they have some good music to come. It seems they have taken a little more time with this new album compared to the previous ones...
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always feel like Little Mix have never really taken off. They've had a few hits and success don't get me wrong, but I feel like they've never quite made enough impact in the industry, as in, I doubt many people outside of their fan base would even notice they're gone if they ever were to be dropped.

The 3rd album needs to really establish them as a powerful girl group.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not think as a casual observer they are big in anyway. They struggle with chart positions and their albums sell quick but averageky before dropping.

They need a big hit and album that connects wjth the public fir them to reach their potential. Iike them very much but they arent even Girls Aloud level even with international placings.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first two albums have their moments but not enough killer single material.
    Listening back I think the second album was better and shows some progression.
    They released the singles in the wrong order. 'Move' was released first which was impressive, quite risky single and should have followed Salute. There are songs like 'Towers' and 'Stand Down' which would have been better than 'Little Me'. Also the 'Word Up' single wasn't great.

There are now other girl groups 5th Harmony and Neon Jungle. 5H might be in a slightly better position then LM at the moment with current releases. I notice that 5H are prepared to do music that is closer to power pop whilst LM are in a mainly R n'B groove.
    I think LM could do a little power pop, or be a bit funkier next time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    No-one outside of their teenage girl fanbase cares about them.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one outside of their teenage girl fanbase cares about them.

I'm a 21 year old guy and I care very much about them. Let's not generalise ey?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that with the right single and album and most off the right Promotion they can be huge in the uk and Europe. They remind me very much of the Spice Girls but I fear that the management and record company have to much control over them.

I hope they have more say with this record. The very fact more time is being taken with the Album could well by a sign that this could be a make or break album for them. I think the sound is fine but like mentioned in above posts they need more killer singles all the time. And maybe a 4th single with a different sound to sell the album again. I just feel that the record company don't care about them very much and will Milk them dry then dump them by the road side.
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that with the right single and album and most off the right Promotion they can be huge in the uk and Europe. They remind me very much of the Spice Girls but I fear that the management and record company have to much control over them.

How? I didn't like The Spice Girls, but no one can deny they had personality. I don't even know how many members Little Mix have, let alone their names.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How? I didn't like The Spice Girls, but no one can deny they had personality. I don't even know how many members Little Mix have, let alone their names.
    I mean in terms of all the members are different from each other and are not all super skinny size in weight. And they seem real friends and get on with each and look good together and have the chemistry where most modern day bands don't. As for not knowing how many members the group have well that's just lazy don't you think?
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean in terms of all the members are different from each other and are not all super skinny size in weight. And they seem real friends and get on with each and look good together and have the chemistry where most modern day bands don't. As for not knowing how many members the group have well that's just lazy don't you think?

My point was you couldn't help but know The Spice Girls names/nick names and songs, even if you had no interest in pop music. Little Mix I'd have to activity go and find out their names, and songs - and I'm not interested in doing that as teeny girl bands hold no interest to me. The only thing I know about them is they were on The X Factor and they did a cover of Word Up that wasn't a patch on the original (or Gun version).

They are more like The Saturdays, weirdly popular on this forum but no real impact as of yet.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought DNA was very average but Salute was a great album, no song that I didn't like. I'm hoping album 3 is more r'n'b, with maybe some hip hop or reggae influences. I'd like them to get a bit more attitude also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point was you couldn't help but know The Spice Girls names/nick names and songs, even if you had no interest in pop music. Little Mix I'd have to activity go and find out their names, and songs - and I'm not interested in doing that as teeny girl bands hold no interest to me. The only thing I know about them is they were on The X Factor and they did a cover of Word Up that wasn't a patch on the original (or Gun version).

They are more like The Saturdays, weirdly popular on this forum but no real impact as of yet.

well yes you have a point but that was part of the spice Mania and we don't really see groups with nicknames no more. The Spice Girls were truly a one off and no other group can do what they did ever again but Little Mix do have the ability to leave a legacy behind like the Spice Girls did. Would be interesting to see them sign for another label away from Cowell and see what the new label does with them.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're in big trouble. They're signed to Syco, and I think Syco have bigger fish to fry. They've got One Direction who obviously we know are there pride and joy. A lot of time will be taken up this year with getting Ben Haenow and Fleur East recording albums. Then there's Fifth Harmony (personally, I think they're much, much better than Little Mix)...they're blowing up in the U.S at the moment and Syco are bringing them back over to the UK again this year to launch them over here properly. Syco are not like a nromal record label...even if your previous era was successful, that doesn't guarantee your future whatsoever. Shayne Ward had albums that sold very well, yet they just left him to rot and when they finally relaased an album years later, nobody cared as they had left it so long. Look at their treatment of Leona (terrible promo strategy), and look how many winners the label have dropped!!! Rebecca Ferguson seems to be the latest victim...they've lumbered her with recording a covers album for album three. I think Little Mix are very good (although not amazing), but I don't think they will be a priority for Simon and Syco. That label is a conveyor belt and unfortunately I think they'll soon be off it.
  • Options
    poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    The follow on from their failure to crack the US has just shown them on holidays all the time, or press appearances without Perry.

Popbitch were saying a year ago that a lot of their merchandise was returned to the manufacturers to be binned as a vat loss. I know that they're inbetween albums but have you noticed that all their Elegant Touch nail stuff has ended up in Savers and bargain stores?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think one reason why they haven't been as big as many thought are perhaps that neither of the girls really shine individually.

One of the reasons why Girls Aloud and Spice Girls were so successful, was minus the catchy pop hits, all the girls had their own individuality. Everyone had their fav spice girl, and I am sure everyone had their fav Girls Aloud.

A key thing of One directions success is each the boys stand out on their own.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    I thought DNA was very average but Salute was a great album, no song that I didn't like. I'm hoping album 3 is more r'n'b, with maybe some hip hop or reggae influences. I'd like them to get a bit more attitude also.

I agree with this comepletely.:)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I like them and I have their albums but I couldn't tell you who was who in the group unless I looked them up. They've had hits but none of them seemed to have any impact on the industry or the general public as a whole. I think the next album will be make or break for them.