Options

DS Fantasy Eurovision 61: Kicking Off 2015 with a Viennese Waltz!

Comments

• Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikabv wrote: »
    Will Switzerland be given to another player then?

Because they did originally send a song in, it will depend on when the player who is Switzerland signs in again. Switzerland is in QF4 so if I haven't heard anything by Tuesday the country will be reassigned.
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have looked at the QF assignment and now think I am screwed :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quarter Final One
    1. Austria Lola Blanc - Shut The Damn Door
    2. Denmark LIGA - Julia
    3. Germany Santiano - Wir Sinds Uns Treu
    4. Romania Alice Francis - Shoot Him Down
    5. Gibraltar Aiden Grimshaw - Curtain Call
    6. Ukraine Ani Lorak - Medlenno
    7. Montenegro Dado Polumenta ft. Nikolija - Premija
    8. England Bebe Black - I'll Wait
    9. Kosovo Kejsi Tola - Iceberg
    10. Italy Alessandra Amoroso - L'hai dedicato a me
    11. Ireland The Script - Hail Rain Or Sunshine
    12. Israel Men Of North Country - Pandora
    13. Slovenia Alya - CAR
    14. Poland Ewelina Liwoska - We Mgle
    15. Isle of Man Voes - Giants
    16. Azerbaijan Elyar Fox - Colourblind

PLAYLIST

Please vote in the usual Eurovision style of 12-1, for your favourite 10 songs, excluding your own. You vote through private message by messaging me (Carlisle156).

If your entry is in this heat, then you have to vote however all participants are welcome to vote even if your songs are in other heats. All votes from participating players will be counted.

The deadline for voting is 7pm Thursday 22nd January with results to follow. 10 will qualify
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many will be in the final Carlisle. Will it be 26 like recently?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Song Review: Numbers 32 - 63
    My opinions are liable to change at any time. :blush:

Austria: This is nice but the melody doesn't exactly match the lyrics. I'd expect it to have more bite than it does.
    Lithuania: A bit of a mess for me; the backing music drowns out the singing unfortunately, especially at the start.
    Greece: It's a decent club number - not sure if it has enough about it to stand out but not bad.
    Spain: Doesn't really do much for me; it has an odd mix of heavy metal backing but fine vocals.
    Russia: I don't really like her vocal - it's a bit nasally. I think I prefer the verses to the chorus.
    Czech Republic: It meanders along nicely but I don't think it has a 'take' off moment.
    Montenegro: "Potentially one of the greatest songs of all time is coming from Montenegro this contest!"... Potentially not. And yet... it does have a good beat.
    San Marino: Nice build up in the verses. The chorus is something of a grower.
    Estonia: Oh I like this though I wish the music was turned down slightly so the singing could stand out more.
    Liechtenstein: The verses lose their way but the chorus is pleasant. I don't think the rap is needed.
    Serbia: Powerful but another number which doesn't really go anywhere for me.
    Northern Ireland: Very catchy and improves as it goes on.
    Georgia: It reminds me of a lounge song; something nice in the background but doesn't draw the attention in.
    Belgium: There's something captivating about this for me; the strings are used well.
    France: I think this has potential to be a great song but it falls down slightly. Still good and the chorus is a foot tapper.
    Poland: I wish it had more of a melody, particularly in the verses.
    Moldova: A bit repetitive in the chorus to say the least. Verses aren't too bad.
    Israel: Very quirky with a good beat I'm not so sure about the melody; especially as, again, it does become repetitive near the end.
    Finland: I love this. The backing track is great and he sings it extremely well.
    Scotland: The vocals don't seem to quite match the backing track on this one.
    Wales: Very nice but it lacks that extra punch.
    Belarus: Not sure if I'm a fan of her voice. The song lacks an edge for me.
    Latvia: Carnivals tend to be celebrations but this doesn't seem to be very celebratory.
    Cyprus: Good introduction but, for me, doesn't improve on that.
    Iceland: Very different which might make it stand out. Depends if it's a grower or not for me.
    Bosnia & Herzegovina: A good rock number; nothing more, nothing less.
    Italy: I love her voice; lovely song.
    Guernsey: I like this to a point; it builds nicely and the chorus takes off but the instrumental results in it, to me, losing momentum.
    Sweden: This is another one with a captivating quality about it; it does draw me in.
    Luxembourg: I love it. Strong vocals, great tune, a clear beat... it has everything going for it for me.
    Slovenia: Another strong number though I think her vocals are slightly nasally in the chorus.
    Andorra: I'm not sure about the amount of instrumental but I like it otherwise.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    How many will be in the final Carlisle. Will it be 26 like recently?

Yep :)

40 qualify for the Semi Finals, then 2 Semi Finals of 20 will sieve it down to 26 :)
  • Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Origa, the first singer I sent to DSFE, died yesterday of lung cancer. I'm totally crushed because she was one of my favorite singers ever.. Also, that was the same cancer that killed my mom :(

Origa's best known songs were Rise and Inner Universe I almost sent Inner Universe instead of Date of Rebirth but ended up going with Date of Rebirth because it was shorter and then no one voted for it :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nunaney wrote: »
    Origa, the first singer I sent to DSFE, died yesterday of lung cancer. I'm totally crushed because she was one of my favorite singers ever.. Also, that was the same cancer that killed my mom :(

Origa's best known songs were Rise and Inner Universe I almost sent Inner Universe instead of Date of Rebirth but ended up going with Date of Rebirth because it was shorter and then no one voted for it :blush:

aww :( that is sad news - which country did you send her for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a little side note, but on Thursday, one of those songs in QF1 will have the honour of being the first song to qualify for CofC 2015. Of course only Carlisle will know who that is at least until the end of this contest.
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Almost there, thank goodness, because I'm losing my wick! :p

SONG REVEAL #60 - SWEDEN
    Another indie choice here, this time indie soul as opposed to indie rock! Seinabo Sey is a DSFE debutant, who also makes the most of forests in their video. Lmao I'm sorry I'm getting carried away with these forests but it feels like some illuminati shit! :o Her brilliantly raw vocals will be on the track Pistols At Dawn.

Seinabo Sey - Pistols At Dawn

I was gonna submit this haha! Gutted :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    I was gonna submit this haha! Gutted :(

You were not the only one who had this in their arsenal lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will go through Quarter-Final 1 shortly, so once I've done that I will be able to post my first reviews on 2015.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Austria - First song of a new DSFE year! It's a good one, nothing flashy and in-your-face, but fairly catchy. I much prefer this to Bad Tattoo, for the record.
    Denmark - Not a fan of this genre really, and the dodgy rap is a bad move.
    Germany - I love Santiano, but it's a shame this particular track doesn't really go anywhere. Still has a hint of epic, though.
    Romania - Weirdest video for a long time. The song has a great vibe, though. Enjoyed this one.
    Gibraltar - I like a down-tempo, up-beat power ballad. Something's lacking, and I think it's his voice, but the song itself isn't bad.
    Ukraine - Good old Ani. There's a nice mood to this one, I just wish the chorus had more energy somehow.
    Montenegro - Somehow I enjoyed this more than I probably should have. I'm a sucker for ethno instruments.
    England - So who won the battle of the picks for England? This is the first one that sounds like a winner, and very worthily too.
    Kosovo - This is really powerful and catchy. Really like this.
    Italy - This is pleasant, but not spectacular.
    Ireland - Aw, this is rather sunny. The violin takes it up a few notches. Very nice.
    Israel - Simple, up-tempo, catchy, not much wrong with this one.
    Slovenia - She's adorable, but the song is lacking something. Good chorus nonetheless.
    Poland - Love the atmosphere of this one. Anthemic 'woahs' are like crack to me.
    Isle of Man - Another one I can see doing very well. Uplifting and epic, but I can see England taking the edge.
    Azerbaijan - Saccharine sweet and obscenely catchy. Adorable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austria - First song of a new DSFE year! It's a good one, nothing flashy and in-your-face, but fairly catchy. I much prefer this to Bad Tattoo, for the record.
    Denmark - Not a fan of this genre really, and the dodgy rap is a bad move.
    Germany - I love Santiano, but it's a shame this particular track doesn't really go anywhere. Still has a hint of epic, though.
    Romania - Weirdest video for a long time. The song has a great vibe, though. Enjoyed this one.
    Gibraltar - I like a down-tempo, up-beat power ballad. Something's lacking, and I think it's his voice, but the song itself isn't bad.
    Ukraine - Good old Ani. There's a nice mood to this one, I just wish the chorus had more energy somehow.
    Montenegro - Somehow I enjoyed this more than I probably should have. I'm a sucker for ethno instruments.
    England - So who won the battle of the picks for England? This is the first one that sounds like a winner, and very worthily too.
    Kosovo - This is really powerful and catchy. Really like this.
    Italy - This is pleasant, but not spectacular.
    Ireland - Aw, this is rather sunny. The violin takes it up a few notches. Very nice.
    Israel - Simple, up-tempo, catchy, not much wrong with this one.
    Slovenia - She's adorable, but the song is lacking something. Good chorus nonetheless.
    Poland - Love the atmosphere of this one. Anthemic 'woahs' are like crack to me.
    Isle of Man - Another one I can see doing very well. Uplifting and epic, but I can see England taking the edge.
    Azerbaijan - Saccharine sweet and obscenely catchy. Adorable.
    What about the other ones lol? Is this a list of your favourites? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the other ones lol? Is this a list of your favourites? :p

It's a review of Quarter Final One only. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    It's a review of Quarter Final One only. :D

lol my bad - I apologize. I got so used to people reviewing the songs whilst I was clipping them in order I forgot that QF1 was opened :blush:
  • Options
    LieteLiete Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed Quarter Final 1- a nice variety of songs :)

Am voting on first impressions, but can see some of these growing on me and going up my rankings!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austria – We start 2015 off with our host country. I really liked Bad Tattoo and was pleasantly surprised it made the final of CofC. This however isn’t really doing anything for me, I don’t think Lola has the voice to carry off a ballad like this and after a while it got a little bit dull. Also I don’t know if it’s just me but I found the keyboard in the background annoying after a while.

Denmark – This started quite promisingly and had a rather retro vibe to it which I quite enjoyed, sounded like something you would hear on the radio. However it kind of all went downhill when the rap came in, sometimes a rap can work in a song and sometimes not, this was a not for me. From that point it seemed like a bit of a mish-mash of songs and it never really got me fully back on board.

Germany – Every so often we get something like this and it always has its fans. I do like this one, but feel there was ample opportunity for it to step it up to another level and really break out into a big dramatic number but it kept on holding back. That for me meant I lost my interest in it part way through, which is a shame. Think this type of song generally benefits from having a video as it visualises the drama of the song.

Romania – This one’s got a rather strange video. Carlisle is right, this is more up my street than the usual Romanian club beats and I really like the chorus and the “Break his neck-neck-neck-neck-neck” bit. But the verses are on the whole rather clunky to my ears and I find that brings the whole song down a peg or two. Still I think this has a strong chorus and you all know how important that is to me.

Gibraltar – Now I don’t watch X Factor so don’t know much about him (I have heard his name) so judging this on a clean slate and sadly I really don’t like it. His voice is alright (wasn’t keen at the start but I got used to it) but that chorus is just painful to my ears. The song especially in the verses is not particular memorable though I admit the chorus does stick in your mind even if it’s for the wrong reasons.

Ukraine – Strong entry here, Ani has delivered some great songs in DSFE, I gave her 2 finalists in 2013 high marks (possibly both 12’s) and this could get high marks too. Really like the electro-rock vibe and it’s got a strong and powerful chorus throughout the song and then steps up a gear going into the last minute. No real negatives for me on this one.

Montenegro – Now, I know Montenegro are possibly the worst country to get here, but really this is just terrible. I don’t know what those vocal noises were at the start, but whatever they are they were dreadful. The song is your usual Balkan awfulness with very few if any redeeming features and their voices just don’t go together in the slightest. I don’t want to slate the Montenegro song so much, but it’s just not even listenable for me.

England – I really like her voice (shocking I know, Terry likes a quirky female voice). The verses are really nice, even if they do go on slightly longer than I would have liked. The chorus is a little bit of a let-down in the sense that I would have liked something a little bit more epic. But by the end I was quite enjoying the chorus too. All in all this is an enjoyable and nice entry.

Kosovo – My, she’s certainly grown up since Eurovision 2009, I liked that entry and I really like this one too. In fact that chorus would fit right at home at Eurovision, it’s got that uplifting, powerful quality to it. The verses are also very nice and the whole package really works well. This could very well continue on with the good run of Albanian entries that started last year (even if this is for Kosovo and not Albania).

Italy – This really couldn’t be from anywhere other than Italy, those smoke 20-a-day raspy vocals give it away. I don’t think I’m her biggest fan from what I can remember (I may be wrong), but I actually really like this one. It’s got a really nice and sweet vibe to it and the chorus is really cute but still memorable, all in all very pretty and enjoyable.

Ireland – This is nice enough, though I have heard better from them. It’s got a nice summery chorus (whether that will do well in Winter remains to be seen), and it’s fairly catchy. For people who have English has a first language I found some of the lyrics to be a bit clunky, especially at the start and it didn’t really get out of first gear. But it was still a nice 3 minutes.

Israel – It’s another retro/jazzy inspired song, not quite up to the standards of the Romanian entry but it was still a nice song. However for me there is quite a major drawback and that is that despite this being only just over 2 minutes long it still manages to get repetitive towards the end and that means it’s unlikely to stay in my good books should it progress further.

Slovenia – This is pretty decent on the assumption it was chosen last minute with little warning after the first Slovenian entry had already taken part before. The verses and the chorus for that matter are nice and it’s a pretty song, but it’s ever so slightly a bit wishy-washy for me and it’s not really got a lot to make it stand out amongst the field.

Poland – I came across this one when searching for songs for this contest, but didn’t stay on it for long. Listening to the full song it’s not as bad as I was expecting it to be and it does have a quite dramatic and powerful quality to it. I do however think I prefer her more pop orientated entries like the one Carlisle sent to the contest I hosted.

Isle of Man – This one leaves me in two minds, the song is very nice and I can never really say no to a piano ballad. However, I’m just not feeling her voice at all and it distracts from the song a fair bit for me, it’s just not for me. I am able to look past it here in the QFs as I do like the song, but in later rounds it may cost the song points from me.

Azerbaijan – Well, I think this one could polarise opinion. You will probably either love this or hate it, for me I actually really liked it. It’s got a nice beat to it and the chorus is memorable and yes, it’s sing-a-long so it ticks quite a few boxes for me. Azerbaijan have limited options so well done to whoever chose this on doing your homework.

So the 10 I currently want to qualify are (in performance order):

Germany
    Romania
    Ukraine
    England
    Kosovo
    Italy
    Ireland
    Poland
    Isle of Man
    Azerbaijan

However everything will get a second listen so it's all to play for and my votes could well change.
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    QF1:

Austria - I prefer this to Lola's last song, this did feel like it had potential to step up another gear though into something really great, I would like to see the 'non-stripped performance' where they really go for it with the backing music. As it was it sort of lost momentum.
    Denmark - Something a bit different for Denmark, and we learnt that the Danish for 'upside down' is 'upside down'. Like the rap part, grew on me as it went on.
    Germany - I really disliked Santiano at the German NF last year, this at least is in German rather than the faux Irish cliched nonsense they served up then, but I still don't think it's for me.
    Romania - Another artist I've never really got in the past, I just don't think this is my style of music.
    Gibraltar - Will be interesting how this does, X Factor singers don't always do so well but I really like it.
    Ukraine - The return of Karol Ina, still not quite sure how that song with Grigory Leps finished 3rd (one of two top 3 finishes that Georgia could have had recently). But this is better.
    Montenegro - Lol, this is classic Balkan stuff, amazing and terrible in equal measures. My favourite bit is the telephone made out of a skull, I want one of those. The fact that it has 1.4 million hits in 3 weeks reassures me that all is well with the Balkans.
    England - The chorus of this doesn't quite have the amazingness of Deathwish but it did build quite well.
    Kosovo - Not always a big fan of the live versions but this is a powerful song, certainly better than what Albania are sending to Vienna.
    Italy - Italy have a few singers who have quirky rather than powerful voices and Alessandro Amoroso is one of those, I usually prefer the powerful songs though.
    Ireland - Another I'll be interested to see how it does, I fear it might struggle.
    Israel - I have no idea who Tony Fine is but he amuses me! A lot of pre-amble for quite a short song, it's ok.
    Slovenia - This was on my Slovenia shortlist, it's not bad, they seem to have found the only people on the entire planet who are having a good time on one of those little buses that takes you from the terminal to the plane.
    Poland - Ah, the deserts of Poland. Anthemic feel to this one, like it.
    Isle of Man - Another I like, this will do well, good find.
    Azerbaijan - Appreciate that there really aren't many options for Azerbaijan so you've got to use what you can, but this is all a bit too Bieber/One Direction for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two things before I go to sleep! :p

SONG REVEAL #64 - SWITZERLAND
    Following a disallowed entry, the Swiss have stopped being neutral and sent us a boyband who I can only imagine were inspired by Forrest Gump for their name ... Yeah, that is right, Baba Shrimps are very much at large and are here in DSFE accompanied by their guitars, they will be singing Back to Where the Light Is for their stab at DSFE glory. But was it a case of saving the best till last?

Baba Shrimps - Back to Where the Light Is

- - - -

In addition ... y'all probably noticed my lack of positivity towards panoramic shots of forests and woodland ... Well it was CLEARLY an omen because I watched 'Gone' tonight on Channel 5 Sunday night films. Now it was a really good movie ... but the final shot was a pan shot of a ****ing forest and it was creepy and I feel tormented. :'(

Furthermore; thanks for the QF1 votes. :) QF2 will of course be opened tomorrow night. (Tonight, technically).

Also I'm going to Leeds over the weekend for my friends 21st so don't expect me to be around then as I won't have my laptop. :p
  • Options
    March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austria: I really didn't like Bad Tattoo. I found it too messy and noisy to be enjoyable. The stripped back performance of this appeals to me though. They work well with what they have, and the harmonies are pleasant. Solid start.

Denmark: This could easily be a Danish version of an Olly Murs song to me, and I'm not entirely sure that works for me but something about it is appealing. The rap could have been done without though. It's not awful, but it's not brilliant for me either.

Germany: I feel this sounds more authentic than their NF entries last year. His voice isn't the greatest in my opinion; I'm not a fan of those rough kind of male voices, but it does add something to the character of the music. The violin solos are nice, and I like that it kicks up a gear in the second verse, but I think it needed to go further than it did.

Romania: Hello, Romanian Caro Emerald. The music itself is really enjoyable, but her voice is more than a little irritating and it distracts from the overall sound. Interesting find for Romania though.

Gibraltar: I sort of forgot that Aiden Grimshaw was a thing. The song plods along nicely enough I guess, but it never really grabs me, and I can't say I'm enjoying the vocal performance, so overall this isn't doing much for me.

Ukraine: Ohhh, good ol' Lorak. I'm still waiting for her to return to Eurovision. I just want to see her back there. This song is pretty solid, her vocals are strong, and the music packs enough of a punch to back her up. Also, I literally sat here waiting for the key change for 20 seconds before it came. Apparently I have a sixth sense for key changes.

Montenegro: This is... interesting. The 'instrumental' bits are jarring because it sounds like one of them is playing ever-so-slightly after the other, which makes the piece sound disjunct and messy. I don't like his vocals (which sound very typically Balkan, they're just not to my taste), but hers are okay. Erm... yeah. It's something.

England: I much prefer Deathwish to this, mainly because the melody in the verse in particular here just stays around the same note far too much. The drums are exactly what I wanted them to be, but the piano tinkers in that high register for too long and it starts irritating me. It's not a bad song, but there's too much that doesn't click with me.

Albania: I like Kejsi. This song is setting itself up to be this rousing anthemic song in the chorus, and it kinda gets there, but it's lacking something. The use of the four chords knocks it down a little bit for me too just because it's the most tried-and-tested, and therefore boring, chord sequence ever made. I'm kinda drawing parallels to Wrecking Ball in terms of an overall style rather than actual thematic content.

Italy: I loved Ti Aspetto so much. This is pretty and does some nice things, and I still adore her vocals, but it's a little too far into the slow tempo, and as such I can't help but feel that it drags more than it's aiming to. I couldn't enjoy this as much as I wanted to.

Ireland: This reminds me of something else and I cannot think of what it is. I like the use of the fiddle, because it adds a folk edge to what would otherwise just be a kinda standard track (although the melody in the chorus is typically Celtic anyway).

Israel: This is an interesting one. It's got my foot tapping, and I like the energy of it. The voices aren't the greatest but it's got a really cool vibe overall which I can't help but enjoy.

Slovenia: This is a pretty good find for Slovenia, but I get pretty bored of it early on. The rhythm of the melody in the chorus is quite simplistic and repetitive, and there's nothing really to spice the song up.

Poland: Polish is that kind of language that shouldn't fit to song well in principle, but it kinda does in practice. This has power and the backing vocals are used effectively. It could use a little more variation throughout but on the whole it's a solid effort.

Isle of Man: Piano-led indie-esque ballad with a female singer and powerful drums (at least in the bridges and choruses)? I sense that this is going to do well. I quite like her voice but I sense that some other people aren't going to. There's a few minor flaws here and there but this is up there for me.

Azerbaijan: I knew Elyar would get entered for Azerbaijan at some point, and I can't really say I blame whoever's sent this, but even though I'm a sucker for cute looking guys, Elyar just irritates me. The song is alright though, even if it is a little paint-by-numbers (inadvertent reference to the song there).

Standouts: Austria, Isle of Man, Poland, Ukraine
  • Options
    March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also been listening to QF 3 and I legitimately have five songs that I want to give twelve points to. This is stressful.
  • Options
    CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew I'd heard Ireland in something recently but couldn't think what it was. It was in the opening scene of Mrs Browns Boys Movie. We had only watched it last week as well.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/video/v3646180358001/mrs-browns-boys-dmovie--opening-scene.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Song Review: Number 64
    My opinion is liable to change at any time. :blush::D

Switzerland: Very catchy and pleasant to listen to. It grew on me as it went on.
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    QF1 review:)
    Austria - And we begin with the return of the Austrian Paloma Faith, this is more stripped down than her last one, & I prefer it. Good start. 8
    Denmark - Oh dear, a Justin Timberlake wannabe. I'm not a fan of the original, so this clone doesn't go down too well, sorry. 6.5
    Germany - Hey, I liked them in the German NF, but I don't think this is up with their songs there. There's no freakin' huge ship either :( 7.5
    Romania - Nope, don't think I ever will get 'electro-swing'. This is slightly less crazed than her last attempt, but still not keen. 6.5
    Gibraltar - Is he related to Nick? :p This is a bit nothingy really, I don't actively dislike it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to vote for it. 7
    Ukraine - This is quite similar to that duet she did a while back for Russia in DSFE (controversial :p) Like this, best since Austria at least. 8
    Montenegro - Oh dear. Sorry to whoever sent this, but I'm afraid this is pretty much everything I hate about Balkan music :(. 5
    England - And from one extreme to the other - this is easily the best I've heard from her, & the best so far in the QF too. Like it. 9
    Kosovo - Well, she's certainly changed since we last saw her in the real thing :o Another good song, especially by Balkan averages. 8
    Italy - An example of the Italian national genre, like most of these, I like it a bit, but I prefer it when they go a bit rockier. 8
    Ireland - I did recently see The Script described somewhere as Coldplay but awake. To be fair, this is one of the better Script tracks I've heard. 8
    Israel - Alcohol, alcohol, alcohol is free :p Unfortunately, this is nowhere near as instant as the mad Greeks, & not as good either. 7
    Slovenia - Oh this is nice - a little twee perhaps, but stays on the right side of that for me. Winner of the Balkan battle in the QF for sure. 9
    Poland - I was really looking forward to this based on reviews, & it didn't disappoint. Really like this, best Polish song I can remember. 9
    Isle of Man - Woah, why have I never heard of them? Radio 1 should be playing more like this instead of so much *rap. Right up my alley, this is brilliant. 9
    Azerbaijan - J*st*n B**b*r is basically spawn of the devil to me, so on the principle established with Denmark, I'm not a fan of the clone. 6