The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with you on this. I did like Henrik as CEO but would be happy to just see him full stop right now! Just hope he's written well

Yeah, the only thing that saddens me about his return is that it probably means that things did not work out with his partner and son in Sweden and I liked the idea of him having a happy ending :(

And will Malik stay there with Nathan and his son (forget his name :blush:) ?

I would love to see some Hanssen/Connie Beauchamp crossover scenes!!
  • cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know when Hanssen is coming back, other than it is sometime in 2015. But I can't wait for it! Unfortunately I don't think it will be the end of Self - there is no indication whatsoever that he is leaving, and pairing him with a popular character such as Jac is an attempt by tptb to make him more popular imo.

I think Henrik will come back as a general surgeon, not ceo. But I really hope I'm proved wrong on this. I can't wait to see him back, though - I hope he is put on Keller with Sacha and Digby. Keller needs a consultant badly and also a permanent nurse so maybe Essie will go there?

I reckon Ollie will go back to Darwin, they will need someone with Jac off stateside.

https://pauseliveaction.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/holby-city-news-henrik-hanssen-and-oliver-valentine-return/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the only thing that saddens me about his return is that it probably means that things did not work out with his partner and son in Sweden and I liked the idea of him having a happy ending :(

And will Malik stay there with Nathan and his son (forget his name :blush:) ?

I would love to see some Hanssen/Connie Beauchamp crossover scenes!!

Oh yes I'd hate for it not to have worked out with his partner.

Henrik and Connie - what a great combination that would be! (Not romantic though!!!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clover wrote: »

Thanks, clover - so it looks like Selfie is around for Hanssen's return! I imagine he will be threatened by Hanssen's return, especially when he sees the high regard he is held in by his former colleagues.

I wonder whose heart it is that Ollie sends a flutter??

My only regret is that Jac won't be there to join in the fun! Does anyone know when Rosie's last episode is before she goes on maternity leave??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes I'd hate for it not to have worked out with his partner.

Henrik and Connie - what a great combination that would be! (Not romantic though!!!)

I remember with great fondness Connie's last episode when she insulted Hanssen's height and demeanour with great aplomb!!

I think they would have a healthy respect for each other this time around :D
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    It's nice to know I wasn't the only one who thought it was brilliant......

Rebecca Wojciechowski has just won the Best Long Running Drama Episode Award from the Writers Guild for 'Self Control' (the one where Jac gave birth)
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Thanks, clover - so it looks like Selfie is around for Hanssen's return! I imagine he will be threatened by Hanssen's return, especially when he sees the high regard he is held in by his former colleagues.

I wonder whose heart it is that Ollie sends a flutter??

My only regret is that Jac won't be there to join in the fun! Does anyone know when Rosie's last episode is before she goes on maternity leave??

I can't remember the source but i think so$ebody said her last day filming was just before the Xmas break. Which sounds about right for an early Feb due date assu$ing she didn't have any other complications.

So, working on the principle they film 3 to 4 months in advance I'd say March/April. Indeed they usually do something big for the half season mark - episode 25 or 26 (bonnie, Tara and Poenny all died in that episode in their respective seasons) so wouldn't be surprised if that is Jac's departure. Not by death though obviously - i sincerely hope.

Hard to think of who might set their cap at Ollie - not reall many candidates of the right age. Adele is tied up with Jesse, MC with Harry. Zosia perhaps, once she's recovered?
    Forum Member
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    It's nice to know I wasn't the only one who thought it was brilliant......

Rebecca Wojciechowski has just won the Best Long Running Drama Episode Award from the Writers Guild for 'Self Control' (the one where Jac gave birth)

Good for her - it was a very good episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember with great fondness Connie's last episode when she insulted Hanssen's height and demeanour with great aplomb!!

I think they would have a healthy respect for each other this time around :D

It's a shame Connie isn't in HC. With Jac being away soon it will be missing a bitchy type character!
    Forum Member
    Is Nat played by the same actress as was in Casualty? She looks a little different but wasn't watching all the time back then.

Rachel is soooooo involved with that young teacher.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh go away Fletch's ex wife
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    No pacemaker scar on the naked man

Oops take it back...I see it now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Is Nat played by the same actress as was in Casualty? She looks a little different but wasn't watching all the time back then.

According to IMDB - yes it's the same actress
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member

Yes it is the same actress - Claire Cage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically would a nurse of Jonny's level have the time to spend faffing about with that religious bloke?!
    Forum Member
    Oh is Natalie going to conveniently die so Fletch can get his kids and have all the single father plots?

There are many 'Tetch' fans that would have loved that outcome about 2 years ago.
    Forum Member
    Realistically would a nurse of Jonny's level have the time to spend faffing about with that religious bloke?!

Would he also be expected to chase after a missing dog???? Would a dog be on the Ward under any circumstances whatsoever???!!

Thanks for the info on Natalie.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would he also be expected to chase after a missing dog???? Would a dog be on the Ward under any circumstances whatsoever???!!

LOL:D Exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info on Natalie.

Yeah the dog thing is silly too :D
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh is Natalie going to conveniently die so Fletch can get his kids and have all the single father plots?

There are many 'Tetch' fans that would have loved that outcome about 2 years ago.
    Looks like you're right again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing the gay friend knows Rachel is sh*gging the teacher and is covering for them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why when Nat was supposedly dead was her heart monitor still going?
  • cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was an excellent episode. There's something very real about Fletch. I thought he fitted into Holby perfectly from his very first episode, but he hasn't had a lot to do until now. Great work from Alex Walkinshaw, and the girl who played his daughter.

And yay to Jonny Mac for standing up to Selfie.

Episode review here
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    So I'm guessing the gay friend knows Rachel is sh*gging the teacher and is covering for them?

I think you could be right! Oh oh!
This discussion has been closed.