Lucky Luke

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 760
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else read any Lucky Luke adventures? I had about 6 or so when I was about 11-12, and I read 'em over and over, I loved them, but after a few years they seemed to disappear!! Well, I've since meant to get back into them, but never gotten 'round to it.... until now. I was in France last week on holiday, and whilst there I found myself browsing misty eyed through a few volumes in the local Carrefour, and fell in love with them all over again, despite not being able to read French (only a little though), and I even bought one, just for old times sake.

The ones I remember were written by Goscinny and of course drawn by Morris! Morris is now no longer with us, not sure about Goscinny, as he also wrote Asterix to greater notoriety with Uderzo. I spent a day or so researching the history of the Lucky Luke stories, and it appears the Morris and Goscinny stories were the best, about 30 of 'em give or take. And to my joy it seems they are currently being re-issued with great english translations, dunno if they'll be a lot different from what I remember, I doubt it. I've just ordered 5 stories from Amazon, and I plan to get 'em all eventually. One thing though....! I remember LL having the rolled cigarette hanging from his pouting lips, but now that's been changed to sprig of dry grass! It seems though Morris changed this of his own free will all the way back in '83, and even got an award for doing so, so at least it was official, and not from some damned PC do gooders!!

Any way, sorry for the essay!! Anyone else have a fondness for LL, his horse Jolly Jumper, the dog Rit Tin Can (Rantanplan) and those Dalton brothers?

Comments