Touch Season 1 UK Pace [NO SPOILERS]

15678911»

Comments

• TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see more of Avrum and more discussions of Jewish mysticism andthe Kabbalah. What a shame the show isn't going to have a third series.

There's an interesting article on the 36 in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzadikim_Nistarim
    According to the article, the 36 don't know they're one of the 36 righteous people, and if they discover that they are, they cease to be one of the 36 and another person assumes their role.

Nice to see a reference to Touch in the notes in the article. :-)
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's that. Touch is over. Did anyone enjoy the final episode.

Jake's dialogue at the end seemed to tease that they might have wanted to do a third season but we know now that wasn't going to happen.

Shame Calvin didn't have a happy ending but I enjoyed bringing down Astor Corp. :D

Seems I was on Greg Ellis's character Trevor. After seeing him 24 I always had half a mind not to trust him.:D

So no more Touch but at least we have 24 to look forward to next year. :)
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Well that's that. Touch is over. Did anyone enjoy the final episode.

Jake's dialogue at the end seemed to tease that they might have wanted to do a third season but we know now that wasn't going to happen.

Shame Calvin didn't have a happy ending but I enjoyed bringing down Astor Corp. :D

Seems I was on Greg Ellis's character Trevor. After seeing him 24 I always had half a mind not to trust him.:D

So no more Touch but at least we have 24 to look forward to next year. :)

I enjoyed it - was happy that Amelia got relieved of her burden that had ruined her life [and ended up taking her mother's life]. She looked genuinely happy at the end for the first time. :)

I forgot how Avrum, Martin and Jake met, so whilst the Rebbe / Lore scenes were fascinating, I didn't fully understand how Avrum got involved in the first place.

Kinda cold that Martin got Calvin arrested right after ultimately losing his brother, but then, I guess Calvin isn't of sound-mind to care where he's going for now.

Yeah. Was hoping Jake would speak at least once in the end, but alas, I guess he was busy whirring that 36 device [for whatever reason to].

Without Astor Corp, I wonder how they would've progressed the show.

It would've been nice also if Clea, the social worker from back in New York, came back for a cameo with the threat gone too. Oh wells.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »

I forgot how Avrum, Martin and Jake met, so whilst the Rebbe / Lore scenes were fascinating, I didn't fully understand how Avrum got involved in the first place.

Avram shared Office space with Danny Glovers character from Season 1. Jake found his way there after Teller (Glover) died.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Avram shared Office space with Danny Glovers character from Season 1. Jake found his way there after Teller (Glover) died.

Ah okay. Thank you! :)
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Haven't read back through this thread yet, but was surprised when the show ended to see it wasn't renewed as I hadn't been keeping up with the news related to it.

I did start finding it annoying at times though. For example the way Amelia's mum was killed. They get Amelia away safely, but stop for a chat in the middle of nowhere, before she tootles off on her own with Amelia, and clearly heading back toward where Amelia was being held, as the bad guys were driving toward them. Surely the bad guys would be on their tail and not ahead? Unless they didn't use baddies from the compound but instead ordered out for them? It was all rather contrived and annoying. Like a lot of things in the second series.

Thing is, as soon as I saw it was a Tim Kring show, it was obvious he would kill it off by hs own hand. The guy can't maintain consistency at all.
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the final. I still thought it was strange that the Spanish serial killer died several episodes back. I thought the show would end with a huge battle with him. Still, the ultimate villain was Astor Corp. It was great to see them finally get brought down. I'm a bit puzzled that they didn't introduce the CEO earlier - it would have made the final show even stronger. Maybe the actor who played Calvin's business parter left the show so they replaced his character with the lady CEO. I appreciated that the other head of Astor Corp blocked her, and not everyone from the company was completely ruthless. I felt for Calvin: he did try to help Ameila and Jake, and as he said, he wanted to save his brother and never set out to hurt anyone.

Martin really took on the super tough action hero role in the final, getting out of a hospital bed with a concussion minutes after coming to, punching the face off the thug and shooting the unscrupulous doctor right where it hurts. Surely the police wouldn't let him walk free afterwards without charging him with shooting the doctor? But then again, he did have an agreement with the police detective. And it is a TV show. :rolleyes:

It worked very well having a thoughtful segment in the final episode that emphasised contemplation over action. It was also good to have more consideration of the Kabbalah and the mystical roots of the legend of the 36. The Rebbe's remarks to Avrum also pointed out the aspects of the legend, that the 36 aren't supposed to know each other or be together. At the end everything went back to the way it was supposed to be: no more Astor Corp (or serial killers) threatening the 36. And it set up a premise for a future series that Jake would be the protector of the 36. The Rebbe's crossing out Ameila's name surprised me. I agree that it turned out well, that Ameila seemed very happy to lose the gift that brought her years of misery and led to her mother's death.

All in all, a very good ending to a show that seemed to meander throughout the second series. I still would have liked to see the Japanese girls make an appearance before the show came to a close. Maybe in the next series :D I would really like to see another series of Touch.