Options

Veronica Mars

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
Forum Member
✭✭
Just started watching series 1 having let it all bypass me at the time, so far so good, decent first episode and some good acting and set up of the main characters, moving onto episode 2 as I type.

So, is it worth sticking with? :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely! Its great, the ongoing storyline gets resolved very well in the finale, and on the way there she gets some great cases!

Season 2 was also terrific. S3 not so much, I think they realised their days were numbered and lost a bit of heart, but still worth a watch!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of issues in S3 come from The CW poking their head in too much.

But yeah, wonderful to watch. Puts shows like Glee to shame :p
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Yes stick with it!

It's probably in my top 5 favourite shows ever.

I just hate that it moved to The CW, they totally f**ked it up. It got way better ratings than things like Gossip Girl are getting now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how it was cancelled and replaced with the Pussycat Dolls reality tv show. Its like getting the cast of Loose Women to write for Feminist academic journals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Defos watch it till the end!

I wasn't watching it as it was airing in America, as I live in the UK lol :p I discovered it last year when it was showing on e4 and I watched it whenever I didn't have college so I've seen most episodes and I really love it!

At that point I'd already seen Kristen Bell in Heroes as Elle and I hate her character but I LOVE her as Veronica. Amazing actress!

I hate how they ended it with that look between Veronica and Logan at the end as if to say maybe they get back together, I hate not knowing haha! :p
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Defos watch it till the end!

I wasn't watching it as it was airing in America, as I live in the UK lol :p I discovered it last year when it was showing on e4 and I watched it whenever I didn't have college so I've seen most episodes and I really love it!

At that point I'd already seen Kristen Bell in Heroes as Elle and I hate her character but I LOVE her as Veronica. Amazing actress!

I hate how they ended it with that look between Veronica and Logan at the end as if to say maybe they get back together, I hate not knowing haha! :p
    Rob Thomas has said since that they would have got back together because it will always be Logan and Veronica. I hated Piz he had nothing on Logan.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Veronica HAD gotten back together with Logan, after he'd bashed up Piz, well that'd just be wrong.
    :mad: And really pathetic of the character.
    Maybe the ptb would have Logan kill Piz to demonstrate his devotion to Veronica, who then goes all weak at the knees at this action of love and jumps into the sack with her
    thug. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well maybe the reason they kept ending up together was because of the crazy "I'LL CUT YOU IF YOU DON'T!" fans that plagued the couple. Rob Thomas said they were never supposed to be permanent and even Kristen Bell spoke against the relationship.

I advise against watching on E4, its so cut up due to daytime-censoring!
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    DVDs are the best bet, and although unavailable on Region 2, the Region 1 discs are actually region-free.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    DVDs are the best bet, and although unavailable on Region 2, the Region 1 discs are actually region-free.

Thankfully I live in NZ and the wonderful Wellington Central Library have all 3 series boxsets :D
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.6 wrote: »
    Thankfully I live in NZ and the wonderful Wellington Central Library have all 3 series boxsets :D

Sorted :)

One of my fav eps was when Veronica went Anime :cool: -
    though just how 3 people can play a first person shootemup game on a single non-split screen monitor - well that's just beyond my comprehension.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No.6 wrote: »

I lucked out and got them from Amazon when they were on offer at $15 each. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great show. My friend loaned me her dvd's and i was very sceptical before i watched it (high school detective, theoreticaly sounds awful) but its brilliant.

The way to watch is on DVD, i think i watched them in like 4 days altogether, i got so hooked. Shame it got chancelled before it ended properly, its still worth watching though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of DVDs my S1 Disc 6 disappeared at some point. Gutted, two of the best episodes of the season!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    neel wrote: »
    Great show. My friend loaned me her dvd's and i was very sceptical before i watched it (high school detective, theoreticaly sounds awful) but its brilliant.

I know what you mean! I happened to start watching it as I liked Kristen Bell in Heroes so wanted to see what else she was in, but when trying to get other people to watch it when it started on E4 was quite hard as it's hard to make it sound anything but terrible with a quick description!
  • Options
    Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    Pigfarts wrote: »
    I know what you mean! I happened to start watching it as I liked Kristen Bell in Heroes so wanted to see what else she was in, but when trying to get other people to watch it when it started on E4 was quite hard as it's hard to make it sound anything but terrible with a quick description!

Yes, this is the eternal tragedy of VM.

"It's about a teenage girl who's a detective in her spare time - no, wait, it's really good, honestly!"
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AshSan wrote: »
    Well maybe the reason they kept ending up together was because of the crazy "I'LL CUT YOU IF YOU DON'T!" fans that plagued the couple. Rob Thomas said they were never supposed to be permanent and even Kristen Bell spoke against the relationship.

I advise against watching on E4, its so cut up due to daytime-censoring!

It would have ok if they'd let them move on but they had to play the perputual date thing and prolong the agony for everyone had a big issue with that.
  • Options
    leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ you all took your time.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    Christ you all took your time.:D

Ha tell me about it ^_^ I watched it as it came out. Can't believe the last episode was in 2007. Three years already :(
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres a veronica shaped hole in my life now... and it is a duller, grayer place for it :(

between this, BSG, lost, the wire, rome, the shield all ending within the last 4 years,... the quality of the new shows just isnt as good :(:(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob Thomas has said since that they would have got back together because it will always be Logan and Veronica. I hated Piz he had nothing on Logan.

Lol I did feel a little sorry for him when he asked Veronica to go bowling and then Wallace bailed and it looked like he'd asked her out LOL!

zwixxx wrote: »
    If Veronica HAD gotten back together with Logan, after he'd bashed up Piz, well that'd just be wrong.
    :mad: And really pathetic of the character.
    Maybe the ptb would have Logan kill Piz to demonstrate his devotion to Veronica, who then goes all weak at the knees at this action of love and jumps into the sack with her
    thug. :rolleyes:

LOLLL! No, I always loved Logan and her together! <3 I hated when she got back together with Duncan in season 2!

Weevil was also a really good character, doesn't anyone agree? The comments he came out with are hilarious! :D

And to the person who said don't watch on E4, do they even have the DVDs in the UK? I looked in HMV and they said they don't have them!
  • Options
    passingbatpassingbat Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And to the person who said don't watch on E4, do they even have the DVDs in the UK? I looked in HMV and they said they don't have them!
    They're not released in the UK but someone has said that the US versions are region free.

It's even worth getting a region free DVD player for things such as this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Season 1 was excellent.

Season 2 was good.

Season 3 sucked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    passingbat wrote: »
    They're not released in the UK but someone has said that the US versions are region free.

It's even worth getting a region free DVD player for things such as this.

Definitely region-free, I have them. :)
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should never have changed the theme tune... it jinxed that last season