"The Fall of the Eleventh"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
Forum Member
Just speculating... Could the "fall" of the 11th refer to the Tardis falling from the sky, rather than the doctor's demise? Not sure what that means in the long run.... other than that "fall" doesn't necessarily = "death".

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsa2 wrote: »
    Just speculating... Could the "fall" of the 11th refer to the Tardis falling from the sky, rather than the doctor's demise? Not sure what that means in the long run.... other than that "fall" doesn't necessarily = "death".

thats what most of us think it means,the TARDIS falling to trenzalore
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what if the eleventh is now the twelfth?

Maybe the fall of the 'new' eleventh will happen in November.
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he will just like fall over?
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »

He did fall over when the GI entered his Time Stream :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »

Well, he basically did just that in the episode, just before his timelines were being rewritten by the GI, so I don't see why not :p
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah so he did, prophesy fulfilled, I'd say.
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    But what if the eleventh is now the twelfth?

Maybe the fall of the 'new' eleventh will happen in November.

Hmmmm....Interesting...
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, now that the Hurt character is confirmed as a previous Doctor that now makes David Tennant the 11th. So I guess he's headed for a fall this November. Did anyone else catch a glimpse of him with future Oswin?
  • dhdefenderdhdefender Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Yes, but Hurt's 'character' isn't regarded as a real Doctor by the current Doctor. he may the 9th regeneration, but he's not the 9th Doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Yes, now that the Hurt character is confirmed as a previous Doctor that now makes David Tennant the 11th. So I guess he's headed for a fall this November. Did anyone else catch a glimpse of him with future Oswin?

I still don't think the Hurt character "counts" as an incarnation of "The Doctor"... He's an incarnation of the character before (or after?) he took the name "Doctor" - at least that's how I interpreted int. Plus Tennant's Doctor didn't have anything to do with Trenzalore as far as I can tell....
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't think the Hurt character "counts" as an incarnation of "The Doctor"... He's an incarnation of the character before (or after?) he took the name "Doctor" - at least that's how I interpreted int. Plus Tennant's Doctor didn't have anything to do with Trenzalore as far as I can tell....
    I don't get why so many people think Hurt could be the very first incarnation! Smith clearly says he is the one who "broke the promise", he couldn't have broken a promise not yet made!
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange that the Doctor doesn't count Hurt as the Doctor, yet he was introduced to us as 'the Doctor.' I was assuming we'd count him as of the same body but not one of the Doctors, hence the Doctors would retain their numbers. At least I hope so, because I've bought all this merchandise, I've got books with numbers on the spines, and if Moffat makes Hurt a proper Doctor, then all the numbering is wrong :l LOL. This also has repercussions as far as regenerating goes as well, because it should mean that there's now only one regeneration left, which Matt will use up. So they're gonna have to write in something about that soon (and do it properly, not a throwaway line in a sister show).
    Forum Member
    I don't get why so many people think Hurt could be the very first incarnation! Smith clearly says he is the one who "broke the promise", he couldn't have broken a promise not yet made!

I don't necessarily think he's the very first incarnation - I think he's some alternate version of the character that's not worthy of the name "DOCTOR", presumably because of something horrible he's done (the broken promise, maybe?) Where he falls, who or what he is, and what he might be called, I have no idea :confused:
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Piipp wrote: »
    It's strange that the Doctor doesn't count Hurt as the Doctor, yet he was introduced to us as 'the Doctor.' I was assuming we'd count him as of the same body but not one of the Doctors, hence the Doctors would retain their numbers. At least I hope so, because I've bought all this merchandise, I've got books with numbers on the spines, and if Moffat makes Hurt a proper Doctor, then all the numbering is wrong :l LOL. This also has repercussions as far as regenerating goes as well, because it should mean that there's now only one regeneration left, which Matt will use up. So they're gonna have to write in something about that soon (and do it properly, not a throwaway line in a sister show).

The Forgotten Doctor. There, sorted.....
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Forgotten Doctor. There, sorted.....

I'm gonna go with 8.5 :D

He HAS to be between eight and nine because that's the only regeneration we haven't yet seen. We just assumed McGann became Eccleston but that's obviously not the case. Hopefully the 50th will fill in the blank years and explain exactly what happened in the Time War. I mean, Clara saw the book about the Time War in the library in the TARDIS so I'm gonna look at that as a hint towards what is yet to come. :P
    Forum Member
    Piipp wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with 8.5 :D

He HAS to be between eight and nine because that's the only regeneration we haven't yet seen. We just assumed McGann became Ecclestone but that's obviously not the case. Hopefully the 50th will fill in the blank years and explain exactly what happened in the Time War. I mean, Clara saw the book about the Time War in the library in the TARDIS so I'm gonna look at that as a hint towards what is yet to come. :P

That's where he fits in, but I like my name better lol. There is strong reliable rumours of McGann minisode(s) before the 50th, along with further, not totally reliable, rumours, that we see him regenerate.....
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do we know he's not a future Doctor?
  • LeslieGruffordLeslieGrufford Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Doesn't the fall of the eleventh refer to the battle at Trenzalore that ended the Doctor's life? It's a future event that hasn't happened yet for 11. Clearly he is the Doctor the tomb refers to as Clara saw no other Doctor's in the time stream. 11 is destined to die in a battle at Trenzalore.
    Forum Member
    Bertypop wrote: »
    How do we know he's not a future Doctor?

Cos 11 talked about being him, therefore prior to 11.....
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Doesn't the fall of the eleventh refer to the battle at Trenzalore that ended the Doctor's life? It's a future event that hasn't happened yet for 11. Clearly he is the Doctor the tomb refers to as Clara saw no other Doctor's in the time stream. 11 is destined to die in a battle at Trenzalore.

Not really as the moment the GI seped into the Time Stream and changed things The Doctor was dying (Before he originally did) and Clara had to go in to put things right but from that point on there was no future Doctors until she fixed things.
    Forum Member

I just re-watched the "prophecy". It goes like this:

"On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never, ever be answered. Silence will fall when the question is asked."

So... no specific mention of a battle... and I also notice that the prophecy states that silence will fall when the question is ASKED, not when it is answered....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I just re-watched the "prophecy". It goes like this:

"On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never, ever be answered. Silence will fall when the question is asked."

So... no specific mention of a battle... and I also notice that the prophecy states that silence will fall when the question is ASKED, not when it is answered....
    • The Eleventh did fall... after he turned off the anti-grav
    • River is not a living creature
    • The GI asked the Question: "What Is Your Name?"
    • It wasn't answered (as it must never, ever be!)
    • Vastra, Jenny, Strax, Clara and the Doctor were silent when it was asked.

Therefore the prophecy has been fulfilled!
  • hajuahajua Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I thought the date in the episode (10th of April according to the letter) might have something to do with the "fall of the 11th"). So it might have taken a few hours to reach Trenzalore and that the 11th of April had fallen (assuming they don't time travel there)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Yes, now that the Hurt character is confirmed as a previous Doctor

He isn't confirmed as anything yet!
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

I thought that too but there is a way:

He could have made the promise when he became the first to take up the name of "the Doctor" but then broke it and was disowned by all the Doctors to follow making Hartnell the first Doctor as the previous one had forfeited the right to the name.

Personally I don't think this is that likely but it is theoretically possible.