Fantasy Football Manager 2011-12 (Part 2)

Comments

• Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    It's really not looking good for me here imo, everything seems to be going wrong. With Swansea about to play Man Utd and Bhavesh playing Taylor Bally is likely to score. Meanwhile I'm 1-0 down and thanks to that ridiculous own goal Season is on the verge of a 2nd. I mean really, who could ever imagine the title being decided by Brums player Ridgewell smashing the ball into my player Jones for an own goal :p.

If only Sagna hadn't broken his leg :(

On the brightside, I have a small defensive penalty, and have quite a high defensive rating building.
    Forum Member
    jackyork wrote: »
    How is this the final week? what about next weeks premiership games.?

Cos everyone will have played each other four times. Next week will have games, you will play the team you finish next to (i.e. 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th), but they will not count to the league. They'll just be a bit of fun to celebrate end of the season.
    Forum Member
    If only Sagna hadn't broken his leg :(

Why do these horrible things always happen to you. :p
    Forum Member
    Season 74 wrote: »
    On the brightside, I have a small defensive penalty, and have quite a high defensive rating building.

On the downside, you are also nearing your own defensive penalty with Rafael not starting.

FC Serenity 0-1 Season 74ers (Adebayor pen)

You are still top though, as it stands.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    On the downside, you are also nearing your own defensive penalty with Rafael not starting.

FC Serenity 0-1 Season 74ers (Adebayor pen)

You are still top though, as it stands.
    Fab and I both have Nani in our teams today.:confused: Im happy to put Sinclair in place of Nani.
    Forum Member
    Fab and I both have Nani in our teams today.:confused: Im happy to put Sinclair in place of Nani.

Ahh...he returned from his loan a few weeks ago. Sinclair is already in your team twice, so I'm afraid you'll have a blank in that spot, but don't worry; you are still fave to win your match after those 2 Yaya goals.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Ahh...he returned from his loan a few weeks ago. Sinclair is already in your team twice, so I'm afraid you'll have a blank in that spot, but don't worry; you are still fave to win your match after those 2 Yaya goals.
    thats ok I forgot to do my team today.
    Forum Member
    It is beginning to look like Bally's title. It looks unlikely Bhavesh will be able to score again, meaning Fab now needs to score 2 himself. Lampard scoring 2 on Tuesday will be enough, which means it looks likely it will go down to the final night, but Bally could yet get a 2nd and a winner.

Bhaveshgorsia 1-1 Bally's Badgers (Van Persie)

FC Serenity 0-2 Season 74ers

Jackyorks Dragons 1-0 Hutchalution
    (Yaya Toure)
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Walker played the full 90 minutes today did he not? I know its looking bleak but im hoping its only 1-0 not 2-0?

This is quite possibly my worst performance all season. How many times have i had no attacking points or defensive penalties and an own goal as well :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oops forgot to mention that happened last week aswell, dont worry it didn't affect the score though.
    Why do these horrible things always happen to you. :p

For the record he's one of my favourite players in football so i was saying that for him... Just would of been nice to have the added benefit of no jones for me in this aswell :p
    Forum Member
    Walker played the full 90 minutes today did he not? I know its looking bleak but im hoping its only 1-0 not 2-0?

This is quite possibly my worst performance all season. How many times have i had no attacking points or defensive penalties and an own goal as well :(

The source has Dawson instead of Walker playing for some unknown reason, but clearly Walker did play 90 minutes so that should be corrected eventually. What I'm confused about now is why you'd have an own goal. When you said it I just assumed it was because of Walker, but if he played (which he did) then Jones won't be coming on will he? It should be Kelly right?

If I have got that all right, then this is right in the balance. I can score with a Gerrard/Kuyt goal, while you just need 1 from Lampard to level. Tuesday is going to be tense.

Correction:
    FC Serenity 0-1 Season 74ers
    Forum Member
    For the record he's one of my favourite players in football so i was saying that for him... Just would of been nice to have the added benefit of no jones for me in this aswell :p

Sagna played for 33 minutes though, so should still be no Jones if I've calculated it right? It might just be you didn't see Rafael come on right? Those 2 minutes might win you the title come tuesday. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sagna played for 33 minutes though, so should still be no Jones if I've calculated it right? It might just be you didn't see Rafael come on right? Those 2 minutes might win you the title come tuesday. :eek:

I was on my ipod so couldn't any of the matchday sheets probably when I posted that, Jones shouldn't be counting for anything thank god this week :cool:

Actually I think that Scholes goal might be crucial, if I'm not mistaken he's given Bhavesh a 2-1 lead :eek:. You've only added 6/90 minutes for Ridgewell but Richards didn't come off with 6 minutes to go, he came on! :eek:

Come on Bhavesh! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The source has Dawson instead of Walker playing for some unknown reason, but clearly Walker did play 90 minutes so that should be corrected eventually. What I'm confused about now is why you'd have an own goal. When you said it I just assumed it was because of Walker, but if he played (which he did) then Jones won't be coming on will he? It should be Kelly right?

If I have got that all right, then this is right in the balance. I can score with a Gerrard/Kuyt goal, while you just need 1 from Lampard to level. Tuesday is going to be tense.

Correction:
    FC Serenity 0-1 Season 74ers

Its because the BBC had Dawson down in their starting 11 ahead of Walker, they corrected it eventually but the source obviously took their lead.

What an up and down day in this. First I saw Walker wasn't playing, according to the BBC, and I knew I was in serious trouble after Sagna coming off and Rafael unlikely to start. Then I realised he was playing after all. Then Jones scored his own goal and I thought I was definitely screwed now, checked the scores on my ipod and saw it was 1-1 in Brum's game and I was 2-0 down. Only to check myself on my computer and see it's only 1-0 and Bhavesh is winning 2-1!

edit - and after all that they've taken the assist away from Petrov to make it 1-1 again :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now its back again :confused:

Wow, the whole season could actually come down to whether they decide to give him that assist or not as Bhavesh can't get a 2nd goal/winner without it....
    Forum Member

Wow, the whole season could actually come down to whether they decide to give him that assist or not as Bhavesh can't get a 2nd goal/winner without it....

Right now, it appears not. It could come down to that.
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Liam should get the points for that assist, set him up a treat :D

This couldn't be any closer if we'd planned it ourselves!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it on Motd, a definite Petrov assist!

Nah this isn't that close imo, I'd make you the clear favourite.
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You sound like Mancini! Has he admitte City are favourites yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D I think he has now.

You are the clear favourite from here though. You're drawing and look likely to go on and win, I'm losing and look likely more likely to conceed again than to score myself.
    Forum Member
    Just a few hours till we have our champion. Pretty simple situation. Bally's game has finished 1-1, with no one left to play, while I lead Fab by 1-0, but we both only need a goal to score again (Fab has Lampard, I have Gerrard and Kuyt). This is pretty much down to whether Lampard scores tonight.

Well, that's the simple part anyway. The rest of the positions will have some drama yet I suspect. I can still finish anywhere from 7th-last. If I score I will move up 1 place to 7th, if Fab scores, I will drop to last, unless TSO loses which is beginning to look likely. Hutchy can leapfrog me and Bhavesh if he scores (again on goal difference), while Jack will be hoping to hold on as he can finish 5th if Simon scores. Simples.
    Forum Member
    P.S. as it stands Bhavesh is ahead of me on alphabetical order. You never get this on the premier league final day, do you. :p
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone want to buy n'gog?
    Forum Member
    Anyone want to buy n'gog?

We need a spam section for this thread. :p:p:p
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭