Options

X Factor Week 4: Song choices revealed! (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    If she didn't have a moment with Listen, I doubt this will do it. I wanted 'Aint No Other Man' for her this week and really thought she would get it.

Yeah but maybe Listen was too big for her...not saying this song isn't but it avoids the obvious comparison.

I would have loved that song for her too! :cry: Or something a little jazzy like Candyman (but again that creates the comparison with Alexandra) or even Julie London's version of Fly Me To the Moon! :D
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it EVERY SINGLE WEEK so far during the live shows, and I'm saying it again nowwwwww: "Simon Cowell: We need to find a relevent popstar that can sell records. I KNOW! Let's have our acts sing out-dated songs that are completely irrelevant nowadays". I'm predicting whoever wins will flop if it continues like this.

It's going to be another yawnfest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Hannah doesn't survive this week, it will be a great injustice. Though it completely depends on how she does it. It may either mean she connects really well (like Mary B and Diamond White) and finally gets a lot of votes or does it well but in a mediocre way and lands B2. Please be the former.

I think Abi may do well with this - it's a very unusual choice for her but it's a good song. And I love Rough Copy's song but I don't think it's their type of song...it's a bit too jazzy/swing? Sam's got an easy song to sing so I think he's going to get the neutral song treatment this week and go B2 - who knows?

At first I thought the same about I Can't Get You Out Of My Head when it was revealed so I hope I am wrong this time.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but maybe Listen was too big for her...not saying this song isn't but it avoids the obvious comparison.

I would have loved that song for her too! :cry: Or something a little jazzy like Candyman (but again that creates the comparison with Alexandra) or even Julie London's version of Fly Me To the Moon! :D

We're agreeing so much tonight! :eek:

Candyman would of been great too, but yeah, the Alexandra comparisons probably wouldn't of done her any favours - like Listen. I hadn't thought of Fly Me To the Moon actually! But that version would of worked!!!
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nearly all of these songs: :yawn:

Having said that, I am actually interested to see what some of the acts will do with these songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone confirm whether Tamera's song is the Julie London/Michael Buble Cry Me A River or Justin Timberlake's Cry Me A River? Due to the nature of the theme I'd suspect London/Buble's but I'd love it if it were Justin's!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're agreeing so much tonight! :eek:

Candyman would of been great too, but yeah, the Alexandra comparisons probably wouldn't of done her any favours - like Listen. I hadn't thought of Fly Me To the Moon actually! But that version would of worked!!!

Yes very surprising indeed haha. :D
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she didn't have a moment with Listen, I doubt this will do it. I wanted 'Aint No Other Man' for her this week and really thought she would get it.

Oh God, I *love* that song. They seem to be sticking to the themes fairly rigidly this year. A little creativity here and there wouldn't go amiss without completely taking the piss. I think Hannah would be better at it than Tamera though. Hannah has more gumption.

I hope they're not going to Bublify Nicholas too much with that song :(
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Can anyone confirm whether Tamera's song is the Julie London/Michael Buble Cry Me A River or Justin Timberlake's Cry Me A River? Due to the nature of the theme I'd suspect London/Buble's but I'd love it if it were Justin's!!

if she does the timberlake song I would expect Louis's rulebook to come out and quite rightly so , it might have the same name as a big band song but that's all
  • Options
    Marky ParkyMarky Parky Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Great song choice for Nicholas I think.
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera could do a similar version as Hannah Berney on the voice as she incorporated both songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xPVB3Q3zw
  • Options
    glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicky and Dream a Little Dream :confused: In what respect is this a Big Band number? It ain't even that good a song.

Think Fly Me To The Moon would have been a better choice for him.

But!! They really are trying to get rid Abi aren't they!!

Oh well! That's Life :o
    (Sorry couldn't help myself.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tamera could do a similar version as Hannah Berney on the voice as she incorporated both songs

they weren't limited to a theme of big band songs on the voice tho
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love that song for Tamera. Hope she does Diana Krall's gorgeous version of it.

Miss Frank will always have the best version of That's Life on X Factor imo and their elimination after it still hurts me. No doubt Abi will ruin this song like she's done with every single one of her performances so far.

Hmmm at that song for Hannah. I've no doubt she will sing it incredibly but I think she's going to draw comparisons.

Love Nicholas' song but I'm not sure if he will be able to conjure up the right mood to make the performance work.

Sam B's song is quite cabaret. She will be vocally flawless again but hmmm.

Someone mentioned above that Tamera should have done Ain't No Other Man by Xtina. I would have loved to see that, but I would also have loved to see Sam B or Hannah give it a crack too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glaschelle wrote: »
    Nicky and Dream a Little Dream :confused: In what respect is this a Big Band number? It ain't even that good a song.

you might not like the song but its clearly appropriate to the theme if you check its history
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • Abi AltonThat’s Life
      Ahh the two-time defending "kiss of death" song. I don't know how this will work.
    • Hannah BarrettThis Is A Man’s World
      Good choice, but if she overdoes it, she could be in the B2.
    • Luke FriendMoondance
      Nice nice nice! This is the song I would have chosen if I were Louis and not some random person on the Internet.
    • Nicholas McDonaldDream A Little Dream
      Ahh a song covered by Bublé. Good choice, actually (well, better than Rock with You).
    • Rough CopyHit The Road Jack
      Will we FINALLY see the old Rough Copy? Oddly, a chunk of the singing is done by women. How will this work?
    • Sam BaileyNew York New York
      This isn't exactly a "sing in place" song. They're really giving her a kick at the win.
    • Sam CallahanAin’t That A Kick In The Head
      Wow a song covered by Robbie. If he keeps his vocals in check and his charms directed properly (i.e. not 100% towards the dancers), he will be good. If this sucks, we might have another Can't Get You Out of My Head and Gazza will milk it.
    • Tamera FosterCry Me A River
      People want a shining moment from her? This could be it! Of course, Tamera's my favourite and I think she can always have a moment.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The (female) producers desperately want Abi out...but as we know, week 5 is ALWAYS the shock week for one act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    The (female) producers desperately want Abi out...but as we know, week 5 is ALWAYS the shock week for one act.

why would it be a shock for her to go home this week , shes been top of the least favourite poll most weeks , the only shock is that shes lasted this long tbh
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Woah that list is very uninventive. Moondance. Really. Cringe. :o

I adore that song and I love Luke's song choices every week. Bit of a stretch to call it Big Band though - it's a Van Morrison song!

I reckon he and Abi may be in trouble this week.

Also, Sam B's song is just another karaoke classic. Sharon had the chance to show some versatility with Sam's voice this week, but blew it. She'll blow the lid off it again, but at this stage, Sharon needs to stop phoning in the song choices. It's the X Factor, not a cruise ship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    why would it be a shock for her to go home this week , shes been top of the least favourite poll most weeks , the only shock is that shes lasted this long tbh

I don't think they're suggesting it would be a shock if Abi went, but rather one of the presumed power-contestants would go.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only half the songs are Big Band tbh... and I think I'm being nice there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Hannah may go this week unless she wows with This Is a Man's World (which I think she really has a chance of doing) and she's give a later slot (which I think she won't get) - this is a sad, but brute truth reality. And Sam C may be in the B2 with her. The controversy here would obviously be if Sharon takes it to deadlock and Hannah goes home. There Week 5 shock. I so hope it doesn't happen but at the moment I feel it may...:(
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore that song and I love Luke's song choices every week. Bit of a stretch to call it Big Band though - it's a Van Morrison song!

I reckon he and Abi may be in trouble this week.

Also, Sam B's song is just another karaoke classic. Sharon had the chance to show some versatility with Sam's voice this week, but blew it. She'll blow the lid off it again, but at this stage, Sharon needs to stop phoning in the song choices. It's the X Factor, not a cruise ship.

We saw last week the versatility, she has proved all the people that thought she was a ballad singer wrong. Tamera, Hannah, Sam C and Nicholas have all done the same thing, and maybe they should start showing some versatility.
  • Options
    Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I've said it EVERY SINGLE WEEK so far during the live shows, and I'm saying it again nowwwwww: "Simon Cowell: We need to find a relevent popstar that can sell records. I KNOW! Let's have our acts sing out-dated songs that are completely irrelevant nowadays". I'm predicting whoever wins will flop if it continues like this.

It's going to be another yawnfest.

I find your attitude wholey disrespectful. These songs are massive songs that are classics

Not everything has to be crappy dub step/ rap/ RnB

There's a million genres of music and just because Sam bailey isn't singing Rihanna doesn't mean she's irrelevant

You just the people who need to, worry about making money. It's nothing to do with you! You prob download it for free anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glaschelle wrote: »

Think Fly Me To The Moon would have been a better choice for him.

But!! They really are trying to get rid Abi aren't they!!

Oh well! That's Life :o
    (Sorry couldn't help myself.)

The Mama Cass version is probably the most famous version, but it actually dates from the 30s.