Aaron - Life after Big Brother

Comments

• Andy pipAndy pip Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Good to see him doing well. Always liked Aaron. Probably my top winner tbh followed by Brian D.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Like the new sweaty box.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, thanks for the link
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise the bar was totally not-for-profit. A very noble enterprise, but how are they going to live?

He does seem to be very scathing about the ex-housemates, and seemed only to define the series by it's negatives, 18-30's, boring HMs etc - I would have thought that, as the winner, he would be over that now, and even find a pleasant word to say, but it seems he's still nursing some kind of wound. Has there ever been a more curmudgeonly winner?

Wonder what Faye thought of the 18-30's comment? :D
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    I didn't realise the bar was totally not-for-profit. A very noble enterprise, but how are they going to live?

He does seem to be very scathing about the ex-housemates, and seemed only to define the series by it's negatives, 18-30's, boring HMs etc - I would have thought that, as the winner, he would be over that now, and even find a pleasant word to say, but it seems he's still nursing some kind of wound. Has there ever been a more curmudgeonly winner?

By paying themselves a wage like the rest of their employees?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Cool, nice light hearted interview thanks for the Link. I wonder if the bar's storeroom has been used :p:p
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At least he attempted to speak with them all. Interested to know who wouldn't talk to him We know he spoke to Anton/Aden/Jay so who wouldn't?? Mark is the interesting one for me. They were obviously mates in the house but when Mark came out he hardly did anything to defend his mate did he even though he hung round Bots. He then latched onto Aaron as the winner & I think Aaron saw this as a continuation of their friendship. Looks like Mark hung around while he got something out of it & has now disappeared. Hmm.....
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Did he ever share the winnings that he agreed with Jay?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    He then latched onto Aaron as the winner & I think Aaron saw this as a continuation of their friendship. Looks like Mark hung around while he got something out of it & has now disappeared. Hmm.....

...........or not. Mark never showed any signs of 'latching onto' Aaron and only ever tweeted him (rarely) about football. In fact he never seemed to show any interest in hanging out with any of the housemates really - perhaps the weeks of travelling with Lauren Harries put him off the whole BB concept.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    Did he ever share the winnings that he agreed with Jay?

Nobody shared with anyone as far as I know. Well Alex gave some to Tom I think.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy pip wrote: »
    By paying themselves a wage like the rest of their employees?

Ah yes, silly me.

An ambitious scheme in my eyes.
    Forum Member
    ...........or not. Mark never showed any signs of 'latching onto' Aaron and only ever tweeted him (rarely) about football. In fact he never seemed to show any interest in hanging out with any of the housemates really - perhaps the weeks of travelling with Lauren Harries put him off the whole BB concept.

Mark got himself a GF I believe and vanished off the radar around that time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think you are out of the loop. He was never off the phone to Aaron in the days/weeks after BB. Aaron was always commenting on it. He was supposed to be going down to WSM & even going on a stag holiday with Aarons & his mates. Didn't happen.
    Forum Member
    Nobody shared with anyone as far as I know.
    That's pretty poor.

Hopefully, those who were promised a share have gone on to make some cash from magazines, TV appearances, etc.
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone got what they deserved in the end I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You haven't moved on and you were merely a viewer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think you are out of the loop. He was never off the phone to Aaron in the days/weeks after BB. Aaron was always commenting on it. He was supposed to be going down to WSM & even going on a stag holiday with Aarons & his mates. Didn't happen.
    Oh, fair enough, I only read his very sparse tweets.
    Nobody shared with anyone as far as I know. Well Alex gave some to Tom I think.

Alex did indeed talk about giving something unspecified to Tom and Jay shared with Louise. The only missing links were Alex's duty to share with Aaron and Aaron's duty to share with Jay.

Edit: what happened to Aaron's book?
    Forum Member
    TBH I think the 100K should have gone to the winner and the winner alone.
    Stupid task that failed miserably in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy pip wrote: »
    TBH I think the 100K should have gone to the winner and the winner alone.
    Stupid task that failed miserably in my opinion.

It failed in the sense that it caused no particular entertainment inside the house and a lot of ill-feeling outside the house when it could no longer do any good in terms of causing BB debates.

On the other hand, it is not the first time BB have split or reduced the prize money, and I barely remember a single person fussing about it in the past, even when, in BB10, the prize money was reduced to zero.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: what happened to Aaron's book?

You'd better ask the the experts in the AT as I got told off a couple off a couple of weeks ago for doubting it would happen now he has the bar.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I hope next series we get an equally interesting and well-rounded winner, and not the typical safe choice who has the least baggage.
    Forum Member
    Everyone got what they deserved in the end I believe.
    whilst that, in your opinion, may be true, promises were made and broken!
  • SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd better ask the the experts in the AT as I got told off a couple off a couple of weeks ago for doubting it would happen now he has the bar.

what on earth is wrong with people not being allowed to have an opinion on this bloke whether positive or negative, people got to move on and accept that he won and that he wasn't liked by everybody jeezus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what on earth is wrong with people not being allowed to have an opinion on this bloke whether positive or negative, people got to move on and accept that he won and that he wasn't liked by everybody jeezus.

To be fair that poster ran into a very fervent but well meaning supporter in an appreciation thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    whilst that, in your opinion, may be true, promises were made and broken!

Indeed