david seaman + pam rehersals accident

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
Forum Member
i only caught the part where david and phillip schofield were talking about pam being injured...

does anyone know where i can see the accident online?

dont know any links or sites that may show it

and cant watch any repeats on sky as my digibox decided to conk out on me the other day...lol

poor pam though,i hope she is ok soon

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadist!! ;)

Awww, poor Pam! *hugs* Looked painful. Their routine was fantastic though, apart from the ending part! I'm glad they didn't go, I hope Pam's ok to skate next week.
  • SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire, why would you want to see the accident :eek: ;)
  • DayusDayus Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great smash. Enjoy when you see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Pam is ok, she had stitches under her chin due a difficult land and she has an injured shoulder but should be ok for next week, they showed them in practice ( thats when she got injured) and the performance looked really good, i don't think it would have made any diference to the vote, kelly was going, she was ok but IMO skating just isn't her thing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. In SDF when Nathan hurt his foot, they gave him 1 from the judges and relied on the public to get him through. David would have got the sympathy vote though, so he'd go through anyway.

I was just so happy that Stefan and Gaynor got through. They were both amazing.
  • podge1podge1 Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I really like David but should he come with a health warning!
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    If Pam had been unable to skate next week, where on earth would they find another professional to skate with David!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps big bird will return?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the sad thing is it was a really good routine until that end bit :( poor thing, hope she's ok
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allibmat wrote:

David was petrified of her :eek: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Susann wrote:
    Claire, why would you want to see the accident :eek: ;)

lol..........because i missed what happened and wanted to see what all the fuss was about..

all i heared was that pam fell and had stitches under her chin :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so was I actually
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire1978 wrote:
    lol..........because i missed what happened and wanted to see what all the fuss was about..

all i heared was that pam fell and had stitches under her chin :confused:

She bounced her chin off the ice and from the footage we saw which was from behind her it looked awful.
    She had her arms behind her back holding the two canes so didn't even have chance to put her hand down to break the fall a bit.
  • lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    was a horrible fall i saw it on the itv1 show and itv2 show both times i winced at the pain she must have been in :cry: oh it was horrible, poor girl. being partners with david certainly seems dangerous
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if David dropped her a bit fast or whether Pam herself dropped a bit fast - but it was pretty awful.

Presuming they are back next week, then I think nerves will play a big part - I hope David doesn't fall - ouch. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they don't try that lift again!!! Although it would have been damn impressive if they pulled it off.

I think the pro girls are so brave!! Pam and Kristina rock!!! :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allibmat wrote:

Thought you meant Vanessa Feltz at first! Did you see her in the audience? Poor old David if he tried to lift her! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cute chick wrote:
    Thought you meant Vanessa Feltz at first! Did you see her in the audience? Poor old David if he tried to lift her! :eek:

Evening CC!!

Are you up for it tonight????

My place 8pm???? ;);)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    According to one of the judges who was on This Morning, David did everything right but because Pam had her arms behind her holding the canes she was in a very unnatural position ie couldn't use her arms -they would normally be held down at her sides. In other words, this ambitious lift should never been attempted while holding a prop. It is a pity as the rest of the routine looked really good. As it is she is still unable to skate so they will have little chance of putting something good together for the semi-finals - that is, if she is back at all by then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanessa Feltz on skates! :eek: thats going to be a nightmare for awhile!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    bb4pro wrote:
    She bounced her chin off the ice and from the footage we saw which was from behind her it looked awful.
    She had her arms behind her back holding the two canes so didn't even have chance to put her hand down to break the fall a bit.

thanks bb4pro..

at least now i have a bit of a clue as to what happened,i would love to be able to ice skate like these lot but id never have the nerve to do lifts or be swung around by my arms,never mind getting on the ice in the first place!! :eek:

so there isnt a link anywhere that i could go to and see the accident then? :(:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    claire1978 wrote:
    so there isnt a link anywhere that i could go to and see the accident then? :(:confused:

They have it as a video clip on the DOI main page, along with the other video clips from last week. Not surprisingly it's the one called 'Pam's Painful Plummet'
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote:
    According to one of the judges who was on This Morning, David did everything right but because Pam had her arms behind her holding the canes she was in a very unnatural position ie couldn't use her arms -they would normally be held down at her sides. In other words, this ambitious lift should never been attempted while holding a prop. It is a pity as the rest of the routine looked really good. As it is she is still unable to skate so they will have little chance of putting something good together for the semi-finals - that is, if she is back at all by then.

I noticed the way she was holding the canes at the time but I didn't realise the significance of that re the lift.

What a shame Pam is still unable to skate. I wonder if they will give David a new partner .

Ofcourse, for a professional the routine will be quite simple so if David learns his part Pam may be able to do it with only a couple of days practise. David would need someone to train with in the meantime though.