I don’t understand.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
Forum Member
✭✭
Every now again we get threads on here asking ‘Who are you going to vote for now so or so has gone out?’
Surely the whole point of a competition is to vote for the best dance on that particular night?
If we only vote for people we like, then there’s not much point in the celebs and skaters skating is there? Because regardless of the performance people are voting for personalities.
The same thing happened on SCD.
I’ve voted for all of them over the weeks (except Bonnie, because she hardly skates and Kelly because she was never good enough.) I’m a big fan of John Barrowman, but I didn’t vote for him the night he went out because he skated poorly.

Comments

• SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity the judges don't stick to the same and vote on the evening peformance, because they clearly don't, they have their favourites. But they are judges and should be impartial when in the judges chair.

I am not a judge on there however and I don't vote on a weekly basis of who is best. I like Gaynor and Dan and whilst admiting that Gaynor hasn't always been the best, she is improving as is Stefan. So I have a favourite, can't help it and will vote for that favourite. I also like John and Sean, but both have gone from the competition now :( and if Gaynor goes next, my support will tranfer to Stefan.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    any support i had for a skater went when john was voted off

i wont vote again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not voting any more now either - and I'm beginning to wonder if there was ever any point in doing so, given that some of the people who've been voted out were better skaters than some of the ones left in the competition! :mad:

In my opinion its just so wrong for Bonnie still to be in the comp. Every week she and Matt base their routine on lifts, spins, twirls etc.

Whilst the 'performance' is pleasing to watch, its designed to take our minds off the fact that Bonnie rarely manages more than a few basic steps on the ice. :o

She hasn't progressed nearly as much as the others - and I think its a disgrace that Jason gives her as much praise - and points - as he does. :yawn:

I'm still waitiing for her to actually dance on ice ! :rolleyes:
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any support i had for a skater went when john was voted off

i wont vote again

Same here. :)

Of course, there are contestants that I would prefer to see win over others. But I dont feel strongly enough about any of the contestants left to pick up the phone and vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to form attachments to couples and vote for them if I like them!!!! Shallow, I know! I only ever vote once for someone though. And only when I have free texts left! I don't like giving ITV money!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I think its inevitable that people are going to vote for their favourite celebs rather than the pair that actual dances/skates best on the night. IMO only a truly spellbinding performance will make someone vote for a couple they wouldn't normal vote for (such as John + Olga's Amarillo routine; Gaynor's My Heart Will Go On routine; Stefan and Kristina's Mr Bojangles routine)

On Strictly Come Dancing this is even more obvious as the phone lines are open all week - so you can continually vote for a couplw without seeing them dance! At least with DOI the lines are only open once all couples have peformed.

And then you get the daily shows as well which on the past has always seemed to favour one celeb (On SCD this was Julian Clary, Darren Gough - Dancing on Ice Extra hasn't been on long enough yet to favour one celeb On these shows you will always warm to a pair more than another.

I always find that I vote for a couple who really impress me in the first week or so. After that, I will always support them and can do no wrong in my eyes. In DOI this was John and Olga.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Fleckerl wrote:
    I’m a big fan of John Barrowman, but I didn’t vote for him the night he went out because he skated poorly.

Likewise. Then they said the routine had been toned down because of the judges' advice, and I felt bad about it.

It probably was nerves as well, but even Olga said they'd curtailed their routine intentionally, and I tend to believe her.

So now I don't vote at all. I'm interested enough to hope Gaynor or Stefan wins, but not enough to cast a vote.
    Cat123 wrote:
    I only ever vote once for someone though. And only when I have free texts left! I don't like giving ITV money!

Umm, I thought that ITV gets the extra 50p you pay to vote over the usual cost of texts (or phone calls), so even if you're not paying for the actual text you'd still be charged 50p per vote.

Am I wrong?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the same as most people I have my favourite personalities however, if someone really outperforms and produces a great routine, I would still give them a vote.

Credit where Credit's due....
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    For me it's like pop idol. If I have a favourite I will vote to keep them in the competition because I won't enjoy watching the same if they go out. If they have a bad week I put it down as a bad week and hope they'll survive and pick themselves up the next week.

Sometimes I change allegiance but usually once I've decided I like someone that's it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't vote for my favourite celebs!!!! My reasons for voting, in SCD at least, goes somthing like:

1) How much I like the pro
    2) How well the couple work together, chemestry etc
    3) How much I like the celeb
    4) If they can dance or not!

Apart from with John I think! Because I love him! lol!
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's how I vote too. Except the bit about John that is! Actually I'm probably old enough to be his mum, I have two sons who are pilots in the RAF both in their 30's!!