Farscape from the beginning on Pick TV 21st April

Comments

• Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I loved Aeryn but did anyone else find Chiana annoying?
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I've never seen Firefly either !

You should definitely give Firefly a go. Much sharper dialogue and often unpredictable.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    I think it depends on who you talk to, imo Farscape along with Firefly was and is still the best science fiction TV series out there, but like little-monster said Farscape sort of trailed off towards the end.

Watch an episode or two and decide if it's for you :)

Farscape started off with some fresh, new ideas that made it eminently watchable. But it did change "personalities" many times and seemed to lose it's thread. I'm sure I skipped many episodes or seasons about the guy in the leather - which just seemed to be the Farscape crew running away and then being caught, then escaping .... etc.

As for Firefly: watch the first one or two, if you like them then continue. If not: well, the basic premise doesn't change and nor do the characters.
  • GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should definitely give Firefly a go. Much sharper dialogue and often unpredictable.

The pilot of that show was enough for me. I'm not going to watch something where the 'heroes' go around gunning down innocent horses.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firefly was ok-ish. I don't think the 14 episodes made were that brilliant and groundbreaking as people make them out to be. But all down to opinion. But the ensemble cast was brilliant. Joss whedon knows how to put a great cast together. I am sure if it had gone on longer, it may if improved for me as a viewer.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firefly was ok-ish. I don't think the 14 episodes made were that brilliant and groundbreaking as people make them out to be. But all down to opinion. But the ensemble cast was brilliant. Joss whedon knows how to put a great cast together. I am sure if it had gone on longer, it may if improved for me as a viewer.

IMO the second half of the season is when it became good/very good. I thought most of the first half was pretty poor.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Farscape. Muppets for adults.

Claudia Black started off on ITV daytime in the Aussie Soap 'A Country Practice'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I've got the Boxset and it has an 18 certificate rating, so most likely will be edited in some way if it is on at that time.

I've just finished watching Throne for a Loss and it did have a very obvious cut. It was the scene in which Zhaan disrobes in front of the 'boy'. She started to unfasten her clothes then it instantly cut to her getting dressed again. What made it even more noticeable was that the musical score was interrupted. I looked it up and this is part of the scene that was cut. Yet it's perfectly okay to show naked tribal people at any time of the day in documentaries and in the news. Censorship is a strange thing.

I did notice that John's 'shit' was left in when he overloaded the rifle. Again, how strange that rear view nudity should be omitted, but a swear word left intact.

I did enjoy the episode though even if Rygel was a bit annoying. I loved how Aeryn got annoyed at John for mispronouncing 'Tavlek' and the banter between her and D'Argo was funny too.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonGirl wrote: »
    I've just finished watching Throne for a Loss and it did have a very obvious cut. It was the scene in which Zhaan disrobes in front of the 'boy'. She started to unfasten her clothes then it instantly cut to her getting dressed again. What made it even more noticeable was that the musical score was interrupted. I looked it up and this is part of the scene that was cut. Yet it's perfectly okay to show naked tribal people at any time of the day in documentaries and in the news. Censorship is a strange thing.

I did notice that John's 'shit' was left in when he overloaded the rifle. Again, how strange that rear view nudity should be omitted, but a swear word left intact.

I did enjoy the episode though even if Rygel was a bit annoying. I loved how Aeryn got annoyed at John for mispronouncing 'Tavlek' and the banter between her and

'Argo was funny too.

Yes I noticed the Zhaan bit as I seen it in full on BBC2 at tea time when first shown. I suddenly thought how funny after all these years Pick feel they need to cut it.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    First time viewer here

Watching last nights episode I was thinking how the baddies were a bit of a rip off of the Jem'Hadar........:o

Also I can't get it out of my mind that the big fellow is just Worf in a fancy hat......:o

It's better than I thought it would be.........enjoying it so far

Liking Aeryn.......
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    First time viewer here

Watching last nights episode I was thinking how the baddies were a bit of a rip off of the Jem'Hadar........:o

Also I can't get it out of my mind that the big fellow is just Worf in a fancy hat......:o

Liking Aeryn.......

This was pretty much exactly my thoughts when I first watched the show too

It does get better :)

And I promise, D'argo does expand from the Worf-lite he's presented as early on.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time viewer here

Liking Aeryn.......

Thought the same thing, but really, he is so much more than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliens with Aussie accents takes a bit of getting used to.........:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe how much is being omitted from Farscape by Pick. I can remember That Old Black Magic quite well from first time round and the scene where Maldis shows Crais his brother's current form was awkwardly cut. The scene where Crais takes care of Teeg wasn't even shown.

At this rate I might not bother watching anymore episodes on Pick. I will either invest in the DVDs or I will find another means to watch it.

Are any of you fed-up with the way the show is being treated?
  • diamondcatdiamondcat Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm with you. I didn't see the first series -- actually my husband was watching it and I was in bed thinking "What in the name of God is that racket?", which was the theme tune at the end of the show. So, I was tempted downstairs (somewhat grumpily) for the next episode and was hooked. Have been ever since.
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    As a first time and fairly casual watcher the cuts don't bother me too much. I'm already a bit bored with the will they/won't they thing between Aeryn and Crichton and I find his continual pop-culture references intensely annoying oh and his attempt at an English accent in the last couple of episodes was terrible.

And I also wonder why they keep on with the constant bleating about how useless Crichton is when more often than not he's the one who gets them out of trouble. It seems the writers wanted it both ways, a fish out of water and a hero who saves the day but the two don't quite sit together in the one character.

I'm enjoying it generally though, decent story lines, interesting characters and a good premise. I think the introduction of a recurring bad guy will help, Scorpius seems promising. I also love the addition of Chiana.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Farscape = most underrated sci-fi show ever.

I think it started off so-so, it was your usual space adventure show. But the moment Scorpius showed up and tortured Chreighton, getting their weird relationship into motion, the show went into a quality hyperdrive and didn't cease to be crazy, fast-paced and unique. It makes all Star Trek and Stargate franchises look so dull and sterile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HotRod78 wrote: »
    Farscape = most underrated sci-fi show ever.

I think it started off so-so, it was your usual space adventure show. But the moment Scorpius showed up and tortured Chreighton, getting their weird relationship into motion, the show went into a quality hyperdrive and didn't cease to be crazy, fast-paced and unique. It makes all Star Trek and Stargate franchises look so dull and sterile.

Absolutely. The point were Crichton hits the leather trousers is the point of no return. From here on in the show just takes off.:D
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Lets hope they buy The Invizable Man starring David McCallum after Farscape.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    moviesman wrote: »
    Lets hope they buy The Invizable Man starring David McCallum after Farscape.

Space 1999 or UFO for me :)

Just going back to the cut scenes/sequences, I've noticed quite a few in some of the episodes, in A Human Reaction the scene with Rygel on the operating table was cut, the original scene showed him as operated on.

I'm wondering how they'll show Won't Get Fooled Again as there's a particularly risqué scene in that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Series 1 finished last night on Pick

On to series 2 tonight !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 1 finished last night on Pick

On to series 2 tonight !

The best one, imo:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can any of you help me?

I watched My Three Crichtons this morning and there was a very obvious cut in the scene after the one in which Crichton #3 knocks Aeryn unconscious. Chiana walked in on Rygel, there is a cut, then he says something about self preservation. He was also holding a needle in his hand. I haven't been able to find screen captures or clips from that scene. So what was it that he had done?

Anyway that is my series link cancelled. I am enjoying the show more the second time round than I thought I would and am really fed-up with the butchered offerings on Pick. I will be ordering the Blu Rays and this begs another question. I have read some of the reviews for the discs and it would seem that a lot of them have been faulty. Do any of you have the Blu Ray sets and if so have you encountered any problems with them?

Thanks.

Oh and I am also finding myself rather liking Lani Tupu. His voice is incredibly sexy as well. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh and I am also finding myself rather liking Lani Tupu. His voice is incredibly sexy as well. :D

You must love Pilot, then:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can any of you help me?

I watched My Three Crichtons this morning and there was a very obvious cut in the scene after the one in which Crichton #3 knocks Aeryn unconscious. Chiana walked in on Rygel, there is a cut, then he says something about self preservation. He was also holding a needle in his hand. I haven't been able to find screen captures or clips from that scene. So what was it that he had done?

I don't think Rygel had actually done anything......he'd got himself a weapon (the syringe, presumably with an anaesthetic) and was telling Chianna that because it's now come down to self preservation he's going to stab one of the Crichtons and chuck him in the bubble to save everyone else, mainly himself !

he was saying that he was going to do it, not that he had done it