Strictly Confidential tour

Comments

• henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose thats the thing , some people love panto and Fun Fun Fun and are now associating Strictly with it .We got Ann Widdecome , Russel , and now Lisa to draw in that audience and now they are multiplying and taking over and soon SCD will be a whole pile of large people with large smiles prancing around the floor .

Yes but the GBP do not like the whiff of corruption.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Yes but the GBP do not like the whiff of corruption.

And I hope they now see it clearly .
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok sorry cant count it must have been the red mist

Robin is the third male pro.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I hope they now see it clearly .

The fact that the "Strictly" brand is licensed to the show indicates that the BBC is in on the scam and has a vested financial interest in it.
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose thats the thing , some people love panto and Fun Fun Fun and are now associating Strictly with it .We got Ann Widdecome , Russel , and now Lisa to draw in that audience and now they are multiplying and taking over and soon SCD will be a whole pile of large people with large smiles prancing around the floor .

People voting for entertaining isn't recent - the very first season someone who was laughably bad (and really didn't try much if I recall) was in the final. Can't remember his name - think he was a soapstar. And I seem to recall something similar in the second series.

But maybe it's only larger fun people you have a problem with?

In any event it is pretty unlikely Lisa will win and if by some miracle she does it won't really change anything.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes:Poor Artem....:(
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Robin is the third male pro.

No he isn't because he's in Burn The Floor, isn't he?

Dates so far announced:

June 14/15/16 Bristol Colston Hall
    June 18/19 Oxford New Theatre
    July 1/2/3 Brighton Centre
    July 19/20/21 Aberdeen AECC
    July 23/24/25/26 Blackpool Opera House
    August 2/3/4 Cardiff Motorpoint Arena

Obviously a lot more dates still to be announced as there's a lot of gaps there.

Loving the fact that Ian and Natalie are taking part, but Lisa??? Dancing with Artem???? No, No a thousand times NO.:mad:
  • LisaCLisaC Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Well I think this is unacceptable.
    The BBC has portrayed this as a fair contest and has charged the viewing public to vote to keep their favourites in.
    Meanwhile, one of the judges who has significant commercial interests with one of the contestants which is not widely known, has the ability to affect the results with his marks.
    He has to go. Immediately. He cannot be allowed to influence the results any more than he already has.
    Shocked. And that takes some doing.
  • blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaC wrote: »
    Well I think this is unacceptable.
    The BBC has portrayed this as a fair contest and has charged the viewing public to vote to keep their favourites in.
    Meanwhile, one of the judges who has significant commercial interests with one of the contestants which is not widely known, has the ability to affect the results with his marks.
    He has to go. Immediately. He cannot be allowed to influence the results any more than he already has.
    Shocked. And that takes some doing.

I'm no Lisa fan and I'm unimpressed with Craig this year. But just to put a few facts in the way of your argument: only on one occasion this series has Craig marked Lisa higher than any of the other judges (VW, second show) On two occasions he gave her the lowest mark out of the judges (last week was one of them) and all the other weeks his marked has matched at least one other judge. So a suggestion that he is inflating her mark so as to push her up the leader board for his own nefarious plans simply doesn't stand up. Unless you are suggesting he has the other judges in his pocket, colluding with him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindside wrote: »
    I'm no Lisa fan and I'm unimpressed with Craig this year. But just to put a few facts in the way of your argument: only on one occasion this series has Craig marked Lisa higher than any of the other judges (VW, second show) On two occasions he gave her the lowest mark out of the judges (last week was one of them) and all the other weeks his marked has matched at least one other judge. ....

Craig usually scores everybody less than the other judges. What's relevant is the difference between Craig's average Lisa score and the judges' average Lisa score. And compare that with Craig's average Louis score and the judges' average Louis score. And also calculate Craig's differential to the judges' average for the other competitors.
    Forum Member
    I'll not waste my time nor my arguments on Lisa fans, I've decided to complain to the BBC. It's simply indefensible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll not waste my time nor my arguments on Lisa fans, I've decided to complain to the BBC. It's simply indefensible.

If that's a response to my points about Craig, in my opening statement I made it clear that I am most definitely not a Lisa fan. You only have to look at my other posts to see that. I can't wait to see her gone. But facts are facts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that's a response to my points about Craig, in my opening statement I made it clear that I am most definitely not a Lisa fan. You only have to look at my other posts to see that. I can't wait to see her gone. But facts are facts.

This board never lets facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!! :)
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

Indeed.. poor Artem... :(:(....

Heck... it would have been poor Anton as well....:(:(

Only one for whom she would be ideal is her current buddy Robin ..:D:D
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I'm no Lisa fan and I'm unimpressed with Craig this year. But just to put a few facts in the way of your argument: only on one occasion this series has Craig marked Lisa higher than any of the other judges (VW, second show) On two occasions he gave her the lowest mark out of the judges (last week was one of them) and all the other weeks his marked has matched at least one other judge. So a suggestion that he is inflating her mark so as to push her up the leader board for his own nefarious plans simply doesn't stand up. Unless you are suggesting he has the other judges in his pocket, colluding with him?

Well Craig is never shy on pointing out mistakes either .Until of course it come to Lisa when he blatently ignored a dreadful , mistake laden QS
  • moondewmoondew Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Lisa's in the show to demonstrate how not to do it :D
    Forum Member
    Suze wrote: »
    This board never lets facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!! :)

It isn't a theory, in fact you can buy tickets to see it. Enjoy.
    I pass no comment as to whether Craig has allowed his upcoming commercial venture with a contestant he takes care not to criticise to affect his judgement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

I suppose he only agreed as it lets him stay in UK with Kara. Can't imagine what else is in it for him.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Craig is never shy on pointing out mistakes either .Until of course it come to Lisa when he blatently ignored a dreadful , mistake laden QS

Oh, I agree - and that's why he's been such a crashing disappointment for me this year. He's let her get away with things (although this week he did point out some errors) that others have been crucified for. And so many have felt the lash of the CRH tongue - but not Lisa. Also I was not impressed that he publicly stated that she was his favourite on ITT. But his marking of her has seldom been out of line with the the marks dished out for her by the other judges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He cannot be allowed to influence the results any more than he already has.
    I pass no comment as to whether Craig has allowed his upcoming commercial venture with a contestant he takes care not to criticise to affect his judgement.

I'm pretty sure you actually have. :)
    Craig usually scores everybody less than the other judges. What's relevant is the difference between Craig's average Lisa score and the judges' average Lisa score. And compare that with Craig's average Louis score and the judges' average Louis score. And also calculate Craig's differential to the judges' average for the other competitors.

Well if you look at those stats (all courtesy of the remarkable Ultimate Strictly site) ... when you look at the internal leader board for each judge, there were only two weeks when Craig placed Lisa higher on his personal list than the other judges (in Wk 2 he put her joint 2nd on his list; the others placed her joint 3rd; the same occurred in Wembley Wk 7). Last week with the QS for example, he and Bruno both placed her joint 3rd on their lists; Darcey and Len had her 2nd.

I will state again, I am no champion of Lisa but I don't see any evidence stacking up that somehow Craig (as opposed to the other judges) has engineered things to bolster her position in the competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't a theory, in fact you can buy tickets to see it. Enjoy.

I was just making a little joke - Strictly Come Dancing and who wins or how far they go just isn't that important to me. (But while I'm here - Go Louis!!)

But to respond to your comment because you seemed to think the tour was the conspiracy theory I meant. It isn't. The tour is fact. What is a THEORY is the suggestion put forward in this thread that he'd use (or has used) his role as judge to keep her in longer solely because of the show.

My theory is that he included her in the show because she's been popular with the ticket buying public.

In any event - I won't be going. I've never attended any of the Strictly tour or related shows. No interest for me regardless of who is in the show.
    Forum Member
    How interesting that you would think the only way to influence the result is by the marks. :D

Or just by her marks. This announcement could only result in scrutiny.

The people I feel sorry for are Louis & Nicky. They've had the usual Craig while she's been mollycoddled. At least now we know why, and I for one am Delighted that it is nothing to do with her size.
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I will state again, I am no champion of Lisa but I don't see any evidence stacking up that somehow Craig (as opposed to the other judges) has engineered things to bolster her position in the competition.

I see what you're saying. But I'd have expected Craig to have marked that QS at 4 or 5 and I think he would have if it had been Louis or Nicky. Plus she would have got the dead face, sneering, 'diss-ahh-ster' Craig, and that's destructive - to the person's confidence and in the viewer's memory. I bet loads of people watching remember Louis's waltz as a bad dance for him, just because of Craig's 6 and 'pedestrian'. So I think his treatment of her has bolstered her position. I've kept a positive view of Lisa up till now - I've liked her and I've felt that the judges' marking is not her fault. But whatever you think of Craig or Lisa, no judge should be getting into situations like this before the competition is over - and especially while there is still a dance off. It is simply a conflict of interest - it is impossible for Craig to prove that it isn't influencing him and he should know better. (I'm not saying you think it's fine - that's just my general feeling about it. I'm really properly shocked.)
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell?! Why are Artem, Ian and Natalie even associating themselves with something so ridiculous as 'Lisa Riley' and 'breathtaking dance routines' being in the same sentence! :eek:

But if Lisa's involved, I won't be going - I certainly won't associate myself with something that makes such a farce of the original concept of Strictly. :rolleyes:

Luckily, it doesn't seem to be coming anywhere near where I live.:D
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Well that explains Craigs obvious blindness to her faults!! What a bloody swizz!....

.....and his overmarking of her routines while being really harsh with others.:mad:
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    Lisa for the win :)

hahaha